Are Thrill park slide scales accurate?

Meghan

Hello! My husband and I are FINALLY going on our honeymoon next Wednesday on the Mariner of the Seas, (after having to cancel back in January. After my last weigh in at my nutritionist I am down 80 pounds from my heaviest weight at 360, i'm now at 279 (fluctuating a pound or two depending on the time of day or how much i exercise that week

I knew that the thrill park and the water slides on the ship had a weight limit of 300 Ibs but since i was under that hadn't really worried until i heard there are scales that weigh you as you go on.  I completely understand that these are there for safety reasons, but I am terrified that I'm going to step on one and i'm going to be turned away if the scales are inaccurate.  Has anyone been turned away when they knew they were under 300? 

I'm not planning to cookie monster mash my way through the buffet or anything, but i don't want to be so anal about what i'm eating when i'm on my first cruise ever and my honeymoon.  Would appreciate any advice or assurance , or depending on your answer condolences i guess lol 

I highly doubt Royal installed a really fancy industrial grade scale, but even if they are using the cheapest bathroom scale available, I'm sure its accurate enough for this purpose.  Everyone's weight fluctuates up and down a few pounds throughout the day or week.  If you weighted 299 lbs, I understand why you would be concerned that you might be turned away.  However, at 279 lbs, I would be very confident about riding without any issues.  Congratulations on your weight loss and enjoy your trip!

I agree with Atlantix2000,  no “weigh” they’re gonna be off by 20lbs.  Currently on my own weight loss journey and struggling to get back on track after our cruise last month.  Sending all good thoughts & prayers to you (and your husband) for a wonderful cruise complete with water slides!!!  And continued progress (not perfection). 🥰🥰