Labadee Beach Bungalows

whitsmom

Good news, your math is wrong.  When you book a bungalow or cabana, you book it for one person and it's good for up to 6 or 8 guests (depends which one you're booking). So the cost is only $250 for the whole bungalow for your family, and yes, your family can come and go.  It's pretty laissez faire.

Good news, your math is wrong.  When you book a bungalow or cabana, you book it for one person and it's good for up to 6 or 8 guests (depends which one you're booking). So the cost is only $250 for the whole bungalow for your family, and yes, your family can come and go.  It's pretty laissez faire.

Thank you!  That is more like it!

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from our trip and reserved 2 of these Beach Bungalows. Amazing!! We paid $250 for each, split between 13 people was more than reasonable. Attendants were very friendly and offered great service. We attempted to take the tram around to Columbus Cove but the driver said since we reserved a Bungalow we were able to get golf cart service, zipped over there in no time! Bathrooms were close as was the lunch buffet. We all thought the food was very good, it was not gourmet but we all found something to eat and left satisfied. Would highly recommend these and would for sure get one next time. 

I have two of these booked in two weeks.  How do you go about getting golf cart service from the pier?

After you walk the pier, as you enter Labadee, look for golf carts on your right.  They are just as you enter the island, past the security area.

For the over-the-water cabanas, I saw that there's a notice for the suite-guests-only cabanas that you have to walk through the water and then climb the stairs to enter those. But the corresponding ones on Nellie's Beach have no such warning in their description. Are the Nellie's beach ones accessible from a regular pathway, or do those also have to be entered from the water?

I also saw that they no longer include snorkeling gear, only the floating loungers. Bummer, was hoping the kids and wife could snorkel a bit without spending more on an excursion.

For the over-the-water cabanas, I saw that there's a notice for the suite-guests-only cabanas that you have to walk through the water and then climb the stairs to enter those. But the corresponding ones on Nellie's Beach have no such warning in their description. Are the Nellie's beach ones accessible from a regular pathway, or do those also have to be entered from the water?

The over the water cabanas at Nellie's beach have stairs directly to the water from the cabana. Or you can walk up the beach and back to the cabana. It's up to you

IMG_8290_0.jpg

The over the water cabanas at Nellie's beach have stairs directly to the water from the cabana. Or you can walk up the beach and back to the cabana. It's up to you

Thanks, Matt! I was really thinking more about how we all get into the cabana after we walk off the ship, and whether I'd have to wade through water or walk across a big stretch of beach in order to get there. Not 100% clear on what you said there, but it sounds like at worst I'll have to maybe go across a bit of the beach, if there's no direct access from the main path through Labadee.

Thanks, Matt! I was really thinking more about how we all get into the cabana after we walk off the ship, and whether I'd have to wade through water or walk across a big stretch of beach in order to get there. 

Ah, sorry.

You walk off the ship, and all the way to the end of the pier.

As you get enter the actual island, there will be some golf carts to the right side of the path.  As a cabana guest, they will pick you up there and bring you to the beach to check-in for your cabana/bungalow.

Ah, sorry.

You walk off the ship, and all the way to the end of the pier.

As you get enter the actual island, there will be some golf carts to the right side of the path.  As a cabana guest, they will pick you up there and bring you to the beach to check-in for your cabana/bungalow.

Awesome! 

We just got back from our trip and reserved 2 of these Beach Bungalows. Amazing!! We paid $250 for each, split between 13 people was more than reasonable. Attendants were very friendly and offered great service. We attempted to take the tram around to Columbus Cove but the driver said since we reserved a Bungalow we were able to get golf cart service, zipped over there in no time! Bathrooms were close as was the lunch buffet. We all thought the food was very good, it was not gourmet but we all found something to eat and left satisfied. Would highly recommend these and would for sure get one next time. 

I am happy to hear that the bathrooms are close as well as the buffet.  I booked my Beach Bungalow last night for our July cruise.