Repricing ....

deep1

Just crossed two hours on hold after seeing through a mock book that one of my bookings came down $300. Not a ton but enough. As we are nearing 10 o'clock do they continue amswering calls on hold after? I wonder as I have had it happen before that I didn't wait and the price went back up. Dont want that to happen again....   We're paid in full  and date is Sept.... I'd imagine they just put the difference in OBC?

33 minutes ago, Allen2 said:

We had a cruise that had a 29% price drop.  Went back up 27% next day.  Do not know if they keep answering - but it is worth holding.  Also, you might try dialing on another phone or line to check what happens.

Thats what I worry about. I have made the mistake on cruise planner purchases have had em in cart and they went back up before I could pull the trigger... 

47 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

That is not right. You should have received on board credit

I have in the past. But....  That was after final payment date. I'm paid in full but dont need to be til like August,,,, Here's a fun update: I called back to see if FCC was indeed the only choice.  Turns out the first agent never did the reprice! It got shelved when we got arguing about FCC to begin with. New agent did verify it had to be FCC but while doing the reprice he found discounts the other agent and I missed and saved me quite a bit. Then as a courtesy he made my Fiance's daughter's FCCs usable by me... 🙂 I've made note on here that very often I have to make multiple calls to get something done right... 

I understand one can reprice excursions and dining packages.  I notice our Thrill Waterpark excursion and 3 Night Dining Pkg shows it has been reserved.  Should the price decrease, will that show up on the "plan my cruise" page?  Or does it just display the price you booked it at?  Is there another page I need to click on to see the price change?

5 hours ago, Aron_Ross said:

I understand one can reprice excursions and dining packages.  I notice our Thrill Waterpark excursion and 3 Night Dining Pkg shows it has been reserved.  Should the price decrease, will that show up on the "plan my cruise" page?  Or does it just display the price you booked it at?  Is there another page I need to click on to see the price change?

We see current prices of excursions when we search excursions, and when our particular selection is displayed, the planner shows we already booked it.  Now when we are looking at Order History, we see what we paid but not the current excursion price.

On 4/21/2022 at 9:26 PM, deep1 said:

Just crossed two hours on hold after seeing through a mock book that one of my bookings came down $300. Not a ton but enough. As we are nearing 10 o'clock do they continue amswering calls on hold after? I wonder as I have had it happen before that I didn't wait and the price went back up. Dont want that to happen again....   We're paid in full  and date is Sept.... I'd imagine they just put the difference in OBC?

I’ve never waited more that a half hour for the call to be answered. I put my phone on speaker and listen to the annoying recorded commercial over and over…and over. Any longer than that and I hang up and call again. Doesn’t seem like it should work…losing my place in line…but usually I get a quicker answer when I do it.
When I finally do get through, the first thing I do is I make sure I give the agent my call back number in case we get disconnected. That’s happened only once…and the agent did call me back. 
I have repriced cruises where I had already paid in full but it was right before final payment due date. They have always refunded my credit card the difference. If it is after final payment due date, then it’s OBC. Even bookings where I had FCCs applied.
I never had to deal with a reprice where the entire amount paid was an FCC. There was always additional amounts paid and that’s where they made the refund/OBC from.

On 4/24/2022 at 9:30 AM, BrianB said:

I’ve never waited more that a half hour for the call to be answered. I put my phone on speaker and listen to the annoying recorded commercial over and over…and over. Any longer than that and I hang up and call again. Doesn’t seem like it should work…losing my place in line…but usually I get a quicker answer when I do it.
When I finally do get through, the first thing I do is I make sure I give the agent my call back number in case we get disconnected. That’s happened only once…and the agent did call me back. 
I have repriced cruises where I had already paid in full but it was right before final payment due date. They have always refunded my credit card the difference. If it is after final payment due date, then it’s OBC. Even bookings where I had FCCs applied.
I never had to deal with a reprice where the entire amount paid was an FCC. There was always additional amounts paid and that’s where they made the refund/OBC from.

I have done that frequently in the past. Not working recently. I will say though after 3+ hours on hold for the first call the second was only 20 or so minutes (It was 1AM though).

After several contacts they are niw refunding the difference back to the card. Looked at the new corrected invoice and noticed that one of the night mare FCC  payments they took on this cruise no longer showing as applied. Not in her account. Poof! Gone and nobody has an answer what happened to it????

Update: FCC's that went poof are finally being reissued where they belong in my name... Nobody told me Nor did they tell me that we had overpaid bt several hundred before the repricing.  Yep... I missed it... or wrote it off to what I call their voodoo math. 😄 You know when they add 750 to another 750 and it comes up  showing 986 ????  This would be so much easier if they didn't have such "perpetual flexing" in their price structure...