Itinerary change - Explorer OTS - July 9, 2022 Southern Caribbean

Just received this via email. Kralendijk, Bonaire has been replaced by George Town, Grand Cayman.

Dear Guest,

Due to a change in itinerary planning, we’ve replaced our visit to Kralendijk, Bonaire with George Town, Grand Cayman on Monday, and we’ll lose a little time in Willemstad, Curacao. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. Nevertheless, we’re excited to take you to a new port and know you’ll have an excellent time! Below, please find our revised Explorer of the Seas July 9th, 2022 itinerary.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sat

Miami, Florida

4:00 PM

Sun

Cruising

Mon

George Town, Grand Cayman

7:00 AM

4:00 PM

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Willemstad, Curacao

12:30 PM

8:00 PM

Thu

Oranjestad, Aruba

8:00 AM

8:00 PM

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Cruising

Sun

Miami, Florida

7:00 AM

Starting in Grand Cayman, visit Stingray City – one of the most popular destinations on the island. You’ll have an opportunity to feed and interact with friendly stingrays as you snorkel in the crystal-clear waters. If you’re looking to stay dry, discover the island on a scenic drive or indulge yourself in a delectable Caribbean dish at a local restaurant. Then, we’ll head to Curacao, a treasure trove of cultural attractions, rich history, and natural scenery. From desert landscapes and rugged cliffs to 38 spectacular, and mostly secluded beaches, Curacao has something for everyone. Whatever you do, we’re sure you’ll enjoy every minute of it!

Any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Bonaire will automatically be refunded to your original form of payment. Our Shore Excursions team will automatically reschedule any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions impacted by this change. In the next few days, your updated tour information will be e-mailed to you. In the meantime, feel free to browse all the exciting shore excursion options for your sailing in Cruise Planner and level-up your vacation.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope you enjoy your time with us onboard Explorer of the Seas!

I am amused by their statement "feel free to browse all the exciting shore excursion options for your sailing" given that there is nothing to see for George Town yet and the Curacao excursions are no longer available to browse.

Also, no mention of what will happen to bookings for Chops Grille Lunch on 7/11 (was a sea day, now a port stop). If it's just refunded, the option to move to a different day will cost an extra $4 per person (at least that was the price last time I checked).

9 hours ago, OutToSea said:

you got the short end of the stick on that one grand caymen is a dull island

Even so, it will be a new port for me. Already been to Bonaire. Since we didn't have any excursions planned (nor did we expect to add any) nothing specific is lost by not going to Bonaire. If we find Grand Cayman to be as you describe there will be plenty to keep us occupied on board.

Just once I'd love Royal to offer an explaination, I wanted to go to the ABC islands, not A&C I I like many have no real interest in Grand Cayman. Feeling massively underwhelmed. I guess they'll be giving us all some OBC to compensate for our disappointment, and then I woke up.😠

10 minutes ago, Mike.s said:

I guess they'll be giving us all some OBC to compensate for our disappointment, and then I woke up.😠

Wondering what the port fees are for Grand Cayman vs. Bonaire.

If higher, we already paid in full so I'd make it an issue if they try to charge us more. If lower, I will fight for some OBC to make up the difference.

• 11 months later...

This exact same situation happened to me, too, last year.  We were booked on Explorer for the ABC's middle of June 2022.  About 5 weeks out (and well after final payment), we got the email about the change-out of Grand Cayman for Bonaire.  A bit of a bummer, as I wanted to visit all three of the A-B-C's, not just A & C, as we had not been to any of them yet.  We had already been to Grand Cayman.  Anyway, no idea whether there was a difference in port fees as I never did get any refund (nor OBC) or need to pay anything more.  Never did find out why they dropped Bonaire.