Voltage Converter

11 minutes ago, baltodave said:

We are taking Rhapsody on July 25 from Athens to Raveena.  We are spending 2 nights in an Athens hotel pre-cruise and 1 night in a Venice hotel post-cruise.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a voltage converter (that's allowed on the ship)?  

Thanks!

What are you looking to plug in? The staterooms have both US and European outlets. Pretty much all charging blocks etc are dual voltage, so all you would need is an outlet adapter and can plug in as normal, you shouldn't need anything to convert voltage.

7 minutes ago, GregD said:

What are you looking to plug in? The staterooms have both US and European outlets. Pretty much all charging blocks etc are dual voltage, so all you would need is an outlet adapter and can plug in as normal, you shouldn't need anything to convert voltage.

We are not concerned with the stateroom (not our first rodeo).   We are concerned with the hotels in Athens and Venice.

You should be in the same situation while on land, if you look on the back of your charging block, it should say something like "input 100-240v" If it does, just put it into an outlet adapter, and into the wall. I got a set of these to use. 

https://www.target.com/p/travel-smart-by-conair-continental-adapter-plug-set-3pk/-/A-16346730#lnk=sametab

13 minutes ago, GregD said:

You should be in the same situation while on land, if you look on the back of your charging block, it should say something like "input 100-240v" If it does, just put it into an outlet adapter, and into the wall. I got a set of these to use. 

https://www.target.com/p/travel-smart-by-conair-continental-adapter-plug-set-3pk/-/A-16346730#lnk=sametab

Thanks for the tip!  We have 2 things to plug in.  One is the wife's blowdryer and the other is a USB hub (we use to charge phones, etc).   When I get home later, I'll check to see if they work with 110-240v.

1 hour ago, baltodave said:

We are taking Rhapsody on July 25 from Athens to Raveena.  We are spending 2 nights in an Athens hotel pre-cruise and 1 night in a Venice hotel post-cruise.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a voltage converter (that's allowed on the ship)?  

Thanks!

Standard adapters like the ones you can buy at Amazon, Walmart, Target, or any other retail location are allowed on Royal Caribbean ships.

17 hours ago, CruiseMom82 said:

Blow dryers can be tricky. They pull a lot of current and heat up. I’ve had several blow out while using them abroad with a converter. I second the recommendation to get cheap one when you land. 

I agree with everyone else here.  I have burned up more than 1 hair dryer trying to use a converter.  There is more to using a Euro outlet than just voltage.  The device also has to be able to support the amperage.  Curling iron ?  No problem as long as the device is dual voltage but hair dryer.  No way.