Allure now in port Everglades

I was on the ship when we had to make the emergency stop. There were 2 ambulances and a fire truck outside. Later the captain announced that there were 2 medical emergencies during the night. One was life threatening so they gave the person’s family the option to get medical care in either the Bahamas or back in the US. Rumor has it that the person taken off was intubated. We ended up with a day at sea instead of going to CocoCay.

I was also on the allure of the seas and as stated above we did not go to perfect day at coco cay and instead floated around the coast of Florida. To say the least I wasn't happy but I understood the situation and I was sure Royal Caribbean would make things right. Well now I personally am furious with the cruise line because of how I have been being treated. I am a newbie, this was my 1st cruise not only with Royal Caribbean but ever and I didn't know about using a travel agent before the royal Caribbean rep's started calling me trying to get me to book right now and bombarding my email about booking before whatever. I was shopping around looking at theme parks and then the cruise lines, seeing all the stuff that was available to do,blah, blah, blah, you know but perfect day at coco cay on top of Royals (apparently made up) impeccable customer service record sold me so the next time Royal Caribbean's Representatives called I was over eager. So I booked directly through Royal because I didn't know any better... so now however I'm getting no help from royal Caribbean in regards to getting some kind of compensation for my family due to no fault of our own not being able to go to perfect day at coco cay, because we never made it there, which is the whole reason I booked through Royal Caribbean instead of Carnival cruise line. To top things off I purchased a beach bed at perfect day i was now not going to be able to use and I was assured by guests services onboard after waiting for 20 to 25 minutes in line that I wouldn't be charged for it and that it had been refunded back to me already so we disembarked the next day and my bill looks about right only then to wake up the next day to find I had been charged another $200+ on 4 separate new charges. If what they charged me was correct then I would have to have spend $650-$700 because I was charged $550+ but I had I $116 credit for the port fee being refunded to me even though I only spent $400+ onboard minus my $116 should be about $300ish. That is about what I had already charged when I disembarked from the ship and then they waited another day to charge me more, the Allure of the Sea was already 2 days into another sailing with a whole new batch of passengers. I have called twice now and the 1st time I was on hold for 25 to 30 minutes so I could explain to a guy my issue for 3 minutes and then to be told I would be put on a short hold, a"SHORT" hold, while they reached out to post cruise guests services or something so now45 minutes later after a nonstop loop of how great perfect day at coco cay is and how I should book a cruise to royal Caribbean's private island... over and over when I didn't even get to go and that's one of the 2 reasons I was calling and random breaks and small pauses as if some one was coming on the line but nope and these pauses were not in the same spots on the recording but instead were random and the recording didn't skip my phone didn't lose signal briefly. I know this because it would say "  come experience Royal Caribbean's beautiful and secluded private island pe......rfect day at coco cay. Enjoy a day in the sand and sun then unwind at captain Jack's Cantina or at whatever beach club with the Caribbean's la....rgest salt water pool or take a ride on 1 of the 3 water slides and exp....eriance north America's tall...est waterslide." Get what I mean and yes that's how long and how many times I have had to listen to it. Now I finally get to speak to Sky for less than 5 minutes, Sky whom was less than empathetic, sympathetic or helpful and she told me they had to contact the ship to get the details of my I don't know what exactly but to verify that they took to much money out of my account, not ever saying anything about any kind of compensation for my family missing our "main" destination/port even thoughI kept bringing it up. Thus far I haven't even gotten so much as an I'm sorry from the Cruise line except from the captain who decided to not take our ship to coco cay duringmy sailing.  So far the only kind of compensation of any kind I've seen was on the day we didn't go to coco cay and it was only that you could get 20% off spa packages due to the inconvenience, so you had to spend more money on something that I at least didn't want to spend more money on to get your compensation for Royal Caribbean not providing you with what I, we all who sailed paid for. So again Sky was almost no help, then the 2nd time I called on hold again but not as bad as the 1st time to finally speak with Brad whom again had no apologies for the issues they were responsible for and was also less than helpful as well. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that I couldn't they didn't have a supervisor on duty to assist me with anything and I wanted to speak to on I could call back later during peek hours when I should be sleeping because I work the graveyard shift to have to wait on hold for another hour to get to hopefully speak with a supervisor but not guaranteed. I have never been so completely disregarded and treated so unprofessionally in my life. Brad then told me Sky sent an email to the ship and they haven't gotten back to her or they're not getting back to her (really said both) so we dont know anything else right now so they're isn't anything that we can do for you at this current time that's when I was told nope cant talk to a Supervisor either. Even though this the 2nd phone call was on Thursday April 28 2022 which is 6 days later than the 1st phone call I made on Saturday April 22 2022 but just to be nice (even though they aren't) let's call it and say it's been 5 days between the 2 calls. So as of yet with the exception of Sky sending an email to the ship NO one at Royal Caribbean has done anything for 5 days in regard to me being over charged by $150-$200 and they're acting like, ehh whatever! However when they wanted my $4000.00+ for this cruise I didn't have to wait on hold, every one was super helpful and nice but now I'm owed something from them and putting aside any thought of compensation, not taking it into consideration at all regardless if I feel we are due something for having to miss the perfect day at coco cay. I was really and physically overcharged by Royal Caribbean by alot and that is my money I work hard for and to have it just be taken with no explanation or justification for any of the charges is at the very least upsetting. The added frustration I am having because I am not getting any help of any kind from anyone about anything and for Royal Caribbean to be doing nothing at all to help me alleviate this issue that they caused me to have to deal with is not only ridiculous its unprofessional. They say Loyal to Royal but why would I be? They haven't been anywhere near Loyal in anyway to me, in fact they have treated me worse than I've ever been treated by company I didn't work for in my life. I know that this was a long rant (call it what it is) but I need help with not only getting compensation from the cruise line for not going to coco cay but in getting my money refunded back to me they wrongfully took. I'm subscribe to and watch this/your YouTube channel all the time as of recent leading up to my cruise trying to get as much info and help in preparing to disembark as I could but this wasn't covered in the videos and I had already booked with Royal so I didn't know I could still use a travel agent after so please again can you or anyone help me out. This has left a bad taste in my mouth and I was loving my cruise experience until this and it's seriously making me rethink if I'll ever use Royal Caribbean again.  I even waited until yesterday after again receiving no help to do my survey hoping that Royal would redeem themselves and I could say great things about them but nope! Again I need assistance please reach out and give any advice or help you can. Thanks for reading this post and letting me explain to someone what is going on be blessed and have a wonderful life.

If you read the cruise contract you agreed to you will see that you are not owed any compensation for a changed itinerary or missed port. This is with any cruiseline.

Using a travel agent would not of changed this fact but they would of told you this same thing.

If you need a guaranteed place to go then cruising is not for you. Or get travel insurance that covers missed ports. 

If you feel you were overcharged for any reason just dispute it with your credit card company if not getting a satisfying answer from Royal.

Matt really needs to put a character limit on these posts lol