Pictures packages ?

My offer is 1 print $20

10 prints or digital is $97

20 prints or digital is $120

Or upto 100 photos is $136.

Just the other day up to 100 prints was $100. I didn't realize all the prices change for everything. Does that also mean the shore excursion prices change also? 🤔 drink package that was $50 is now $66

13 hours ago, Sunflowersandwhiskey said:

Wife and I are going on an anniversary cruise soon. 
we’re wondering how the photo package works and wondering if it’s worth it or if anyone has recommendations. 

How it works: All throughout the cruise (most specifically around dinner time, formal night, in the dining rooms, within the first 3 or so hours at each port and on embarkation day - also maybe at the water slides or pool) there will be Royal Cruise line photographers at sectioned off staged photo areas with either canvas backdrops of various scenes or colors, a prop or costumed crew member (at ports) or around highlight points of the ship such as The Royal Promenade Bridge, Central Park on Oasis Class, the atrium glass stairs, Wonderland's chair on Odyssey. They will scan your seapass card or just ask for your stateroom number and then guide you through several poses though you are more than welcome to try some out yourself.

By the next day around mid morning, those photos will be viewable in the ship's photo area on computer workstations. The pictures are (I think) lightly edited - blurring backgrounds, adjusting lighting - but no heavy photoshop changes. They don't have time for that lol.

With or without a package you can take photos - you are only paying to OWN them after the cruise.

Within the first 2 days onboard, Royal will have photo package prices that echo what you see on cruise planner now (save for any steep discounts that come with specific sales) and you can buy a package at any time on board.

I would suggest, that even if you're on board and haven't settled on if you will or won't get a package, stop by every station and take all the photos you can. If you end up with that 100-photo package, you want to have plenty to pick from to get your money's worth.

Packages: As with most things on Cruise Planner, package prices vary by ship and sailing and not everyone will have the same thing. Not since my first cruise in 2015 have I seen prices as low as Mum got. Most times I see $20 single photo, $150 for 20 photos, and $250+ for 100 photos. There is also a private session package which may interest you if you want to go bigger on your anniversary.

With the ongoing sale, prices on my August Allure cruise are:

• 10 photos $96.99 (regular price $149.99)
  • 20 photos $119.99 (regular price $199.99)
  • 100 photos $136.99 (regular price $249.99)

Is It Worth It: That is something only you can decide. Some people don't find it worth it if they have a cell phone or DSLR that takes really good photos. All of the areas the photographers are in are publicly accessible and you can use them once the photographer leaves or before they get there. But, you may struggle to get non-selfies of the two of you together unless you ask a passing cruiser or staff to snap a photo or 2 of you. In that circumstance you won't have the photographer to help you pose best (i.e, what to do with your hands, how to open your body to the camera, where to look, avoiding a double chin etc), not as much time to get it right, and be subject to the potentially dim or bad lighting of the area. You should also consider if you're going to be off ship early enough to catch the port photos (my favorite). Since they have to be back on board in order to get them processed for viewing by dinner-ish, they aren't out there all day. Only a couple hours. Also a good idea to consider what you'll do with the photos.