First Time Cruiser to Bahamas

My wife and I are going on our first cruise May 9-13 to Nassau and Perfect Day at Cococay. Departing from Cape Canaveral. We have been doing a lot of research and watching Matt's videos on YouTube but we would appreciate any advice. We have shore excursions booked for each stop and have a pretty good idea of what the ship has to offer (Independence of the Seas). If there are any must haves, must dos, etc, it would be much appreciated.

12 hours ago, someguynick said:

My wife and I are going on our first cruise May 9-13 to Nassau and Perfect Day at Cococay. Departing from Cape Canaveral. We have been doing a lot of research and watching Matt's videos on YouTube but we would appreciate any advice. We have shore excursions booked for each stop and have a pretty good idea of what the ship has to offer (Independence of the Seas). If there are any must haves, must dos, etc, it would be much appreciated.

Coco Cay may be enjoyed for free -- we avoid the pricey items (no little kids to take to the Thrill Park).  But if you don't have snorkeling equipment, you can rent that on the beach and have a nice time.  Get your chair and umbrella early for a good spot!

Nassau is not our favorite spot.  We have tried walking around for a little shopping (straw market and local stores) and had a mediocre snorkeling excursion.  I would advise looking carefully at the excursions that may be offered on your cruise.  It would also be fine to stay on the ship and enjoy its amenities.  On a first cruise, it really takes awhile to learn all of the things your ship has to offer.

Thanks for the information. We booked a dolphin encounter on Blue Lagoon island and snorkeling/kayaking on Coco Cay. I understand some people find other activities on Nassau. With it being larger it does seem overwhelming if you don't have a plan. Where can you book other activities outside of the excursions you find on the cruise?