COVID pre-cruise Testing - Port Canaveral

Justina

Hi, I am traveling on Harmony of the Seas soon out of Port Canaveral and was wondering what pre-cruise covid testing option I should pick. We are all vaccinated. On the RC website it says PCR but I've heard a rapid is acceptable since we are vaccinated. I've read to just order the emed tests and go that route, they are $150 for 6 tests. When I look at Walgreens it shows: PCR, Rapid NAAT, and Rapid Antigen but really the Rapid Antigen aren't available in my area and the PCR I worry about not getting the results in time. Thoughts?

23 minutes ago, Justina said:

Hi, I am traveling on Harmony of the Seas soon out of Port Canaveral and was wondering what pre-cruise covid testing option I should pick. We are all vaccinated. On the RC website it says PCR but I've heard a rapid is acceptable since we are vaccinated. I've read to just order the emed tests and go that route, they are $150 for 6 tests. When I look at Walgreens it shows: PCR, Rapid NAAT, and Rapid Antigen but really the Rapid Antigen aren't available in my area and the PCR I worry about not getting the results in time. Thoughts?

Get the emed option. I believe they have a 3 for $99 option as well. The emed tests are simple and easy, literally takes less than 20 minutes start to finish with results and as long as you have wifi, you can do them at any time of the day or night, at home, in your hotel the night before or the morning of without worrying about making appointments or getting results on time. It's well worth the extra cost, which in the long run, isn't really that much more, for the flexibility, convenience and peace of mind they provide. 

I’m confused by this from the website.

• Supervised telehealth tests are not accepted for unvaccinated guests – only for vaccinated guests.

This is the first time I’ve seen ‘unvaccinated’ and not ‘vaccinated’ or ‘up to date’.

I didn’t think unvaccinated could cruise?

2 hours ago, icf75 said:

• Supervised telehealth tests are not accepted for unvaccinated guests – only for vaccinated guests.

This is the first time I’ve seen ‘unvaccinated’ and not ‘vaccinated’ or ‘up to date’.

Children unable to vaccinate due to age.  

Since proctored tests entered the scene months ago in the US unvax children could not use them.  

5 hours ago, icf75 said:

Children 2-11 can be unvaccinated. My 11 year old is vaccinated but if he was not then he could test up to 3 days prior (but not telehealth) and then the port will test unvaccinated children right before they board. However, my baby is only 9 months and he will not be tested as children under 2 do not test.