Deluxe drink package with rising prices

TheRick

We are going on the Harmony of the Seas in August. I just purchased the deluxe drink package for the wife and myself and it covers cocktails up to $13 (which is the cost of most cocktails). I’m worried with supply chain problems, the price of cocktails on the ship will increase between now and our sailing to more than $13 a cocktail. If the price increase to let’s say $14 or $15 dollars a cocktail, will the limit on the drink package increase to cover the difference or will we have to pay extra for the drinks if the price per drink is increased?

The last time the price of a standard drink went up (from $12 to the current $13), drink package descriptions were updated to include drinks up to $13.  I expect that to be true in the future as well.  One advantage of buying packages/excursions/etc early is that you're protected from price increases.  And if the price ever goes down (due to sale or other reason), you can cancel and rebook at the lower price.  Definitely a win-win for you.

• 3 months later...
On 4/20/2022 at 1:11 PM, TheRick said:

We are going on the Harmony of the Seas in August. I just purchased the deluxe drink package for the wife and myself and it covers cocktails up to $13 (which is the cost of most cocktails). I’m worried with supply chain problems, the price of cocktails on the ship will increase between now and our sailing to more than $13 a cocktail. If the price increase to let’s say $14 or $15 dollars a cocktail, will the limit on the drink package increase to cover the difference or will we have to pay extra for the drinks if the price per drink is increased?

We are booked on Harmony in October and just saw that the prices for the foo foo drinks like Pina Coladas are now all $14, but the drink package still says drinks up to $13.  I called RCCL and after holding for 20 minutes, the agent came back and said that the rate was not going to be increased to $14 for the package, instead we'll be charged the extra buck for each drink. 

I would imagine previous purchases would be grandfathered in to the new pricing just like they do for gratuities. Prepaid gratuities went up back in 2018 but anyone who booked before the date the price changed - even if the sail date was after it - paid that lower rate.

So I would imagine regardless of if the prices change, your package would still cover what it was meant to cover with no additional fees.

3 hours ago, jlt666 said:

We are booked on Harmony in October and just saw that the prices for the foo foo drinks like Pina Coladas are now all $14, but the drink package still says drinks up to $13.  I called RCCL and after holding for 20 minutes, the agent came back and said that the rate was not going to be increased to $14 for the package, instead we'll be charged the extra buck for each drink. 

Boy do I hope that's just a case of a customer service agent not quite knowing (no shade on them there is PLENTY royal changes without letting them know)

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Boy do I hope that's just a case of a customer service agent not quite knowing (no shade on them there is PLENTY royal changes without letting them know)

Right? And haven't the cocktail prices on Oasis-class ships been $14 each for a quite a while with the purchase of a beverage package covering them?

5 hours ago, jlt666 said:

Not likely.  Phone CSRs don’t know crap about much and nothing about what happens on board.  If the “usual” drink prices increase, the package limit will increase with it.  The terms on line rarely update on a timely basis.  When we originally purchased our DBP for Harmony last March, package said $12 but drinks on board were $13.  Never charged an up fee.