Price drop but not for you

Jason12

So I noticed a price drop for our Wonder cruise for June, we booked XN neighbourhood balcony but when I rang that category did not list on the Phone agents system I phoned twice same answer but online I can see, more digging I found out they are removing the cabin category so no one can reprice very convenient🤬  sneaky 

4B300594-24D0-4D02-86E5-ACC8F65A0008.png

Guarantee cabins are not always available.  Traditionally they are offered in limited quantities.  They often sell out and it's very normal for a ship to have no guarantee cabins offered.

They tend to use guarantee cabins when sales are slower and they are trying to attract new bookings.  When that goal has been accomplished it's very normal for guarantee cabins to disappear.  If bookings are on track they may never offer guarantee cabins for a particular sail date ever.  Holiday cruises are examples when they may never use guarantee cabins because they don't need to. 

It's always been this way.  They are not "removing" the category, it's just isn't offered at all times.  

Having said all that, I see the XN category available for sale on all June Wonder dates, at least on the US website.

We are now inside final payment and I'm not sure how price adjustments are handled in the UK after final payment due date.

On the UK website can you see an XN category available to book if you go through the process of creating a new mock booking for your sail date?  Is that rate lower than your rate?

If you can then that is all you need to inform a phone agent assuming best price guarantee was offered in the UK.  The UK does have different consumer protection laws that lead to differences compared to US and other regions.

In the US when a booking was eligible for best price guarantee a lower rate after final payment would result in on board credit applied to the booking as they do not adjust rates after final payment due date.

32 minutes ago, twangster said:

Guarantee cabins are not always available.  Traditionally they are offered in limited quantities.  They often sell out and it's very normal for a ship to have no guarantee cabins offered.

They tend to use guarantee cabins when sales are slower and they are trying to attract new bookings.  When that goal has been accomplished it's very normal for guarantee cabins to disappear.  If bookings are on track they may never offer guarantee cabins for a particular sail date ever.  Holiday cruises are examples when they may never use guarantee cabins because they don't need to. 

It's always been this way.  They are not "removing" the category, it's just isn't offered at all times.  

Having said all that, I see the XN category available for sale on all June Wonder dates, at least on the US website.

We are now inside final payment and I'm not sure how price adjustments are handled in the UK after final payment due date.

On the UK website can you see an XN category available to book if you go through the process of creating a new mock booking for your sail date?  Is that rate lower than your rate?

If you can then that is all you need to inform a phone agent assuming best price guarantee was offered in the UK.  The UK does have different consumer protection laws that lead to differences compared to US and other regions.

In the US when a booking was eligible for best price guarantee a lower rate after final payment would result in on board credit applied to the booking as they do not adjust rates after final payment due date.

Nope tried again they say NO XN category available on their system, I explained again I can see them available but after 30 minutes still the computer says no 🤬

36 minutes ago, twangster said:

I’m using the CWC program for best price guarantee because in the UK we would not normally get any reprice

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

Do you see the neighborhood guarantee offered on the UK website for your sail date?

Escalate.  Ask for resolutions.

Yes see my screen shot, I’ve escalated it twice now and still nothing, they say that grade is no longer available so they cannot reprice 🤨

4A02A6DD-09E2-42E7-9ED4-0D694AD903A9.png

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

If it's not available how is it on the website?  Can you go through to the very last steps on a new mock up to the point of actually buying the cruise?  

Yep right through to payment,

I’ve just looked on cruise.com and the XN states deck 3 so I’m going to assume someone as made a computer error??

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

BTW - your screen shot doesn't show ship or sail date.  That could be a cruise in 2023. 

Suggest you try on a computer and screen shot pricing that includes dates and details like sail date, taxes and fees, etc.  

You'll need details to fight this fight.

It’s impossible to fight as they’ve hung up twice now 🤨

F343FB49-8F79-4AB7-AC7D-5828C39346FF.png

18 minutes ago, twangster said:

If it's not available how is it on the website?  Can you go through to the very last steps on a new mock up to the point of actually buying the cruise?  

I’ve also just tried repricing my sons booking he’s a solo in a inside NOT GUARANTEE got told the same, something is amiss.!!

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

Perhaps other UK residents who have been successful leveraging the CWC best price guarantee can provide some input.  

I’ve already successfully done a price drop months ago so have many others from our group it’s just today.!! 
thanks for your input, I’m going try again tomorrow if it’s still lower 😎👍

2 hours ago, twangster said:

BTW - I know they say it will take up to 2 weeks, but often the OBC has been there the same day.  

I'm sure I don't have as many cruise reprices as you've had, but when I repriced my Feb. cruise and got $400 in OBC 30 days before sailing, it never showed up on my end.  I was nervous and called Royal.  They assured me that they could see it on their end and I would see it once I got onboard.  I remained nervous that it would never show up.... but it really did once we got on the ship.

1 hour ago, need2cruz said:

I'm sure I don't have as many cruise reprices as you've had, but when I repriced my Feb. cruise and got $400 in OBC 30 days before sailing, it never showed up on my end.  I was nervous and called Royal.  They assured me that they could see it on their end and I would see it once I got onboard.  I remained nervous that it would never show up.... but it really did once we got on the ship.

Interesting… did the obc not show up in the planner?

12 hours ago, need2cruz said:

No it didn't.  A previous OBC for $50 showed up but that was from an earlier reprice that came with OBC.  This one was different because I was within the final payment date.  It showed up as soon as I connected to wifi on the ship.

@twangster

all sorted 👍😎

CD332006-F87F-477E-9A8A-BE42D4F6DDF4.png