VIP show seating/concierge suite

On Oasis and walked went to Cats. There’s a lady holding a sign that says seating for concierge suites, the key, pinnacles and diamond (or plus….can’t remember) We are in a crown loft suite and I assumed that meant we were “concierge suites” but she wouldn’t let us sit there and said it was for VIP’s only, even after looking at our card. What rooms qualify if a crown loft didn’t? I don’t want to be embarrassed again 

8 minutes ago, wannabecruiseexpert said:

On Oasis and walked went to Cats. There’s a lady holding a sign that says seating for concierge suites, the key, pinnacles and diamond (or plus….can’t remember) We are in a crown loft suite and I assumed that meant we were “concierge suites” but she wouldn’t let us sit there and said it was for VIP’s only, even after looking at our card. What rooms qualify if a crown loft didn’t? I don’t want to be embarrassed again 

If you’re on the ship, I’d just ask one of the crew that is working the venue. They would be in the best position to let you know.

8 minutes ago, wannabecruiseexpert said:

I’ll ask our concierge in the morning when I see her again but I didn’t know if random crew would know what I was talking about. 

I always ask crew when I have a question if they don’t know, they can certainly get you to the right person that would know.  

11 hours ago, wannabecruiseexpert said:

CLS would qualify, don't know who was holding the sign and what there postion was, but that would be the seating area for all suite guests GS and above

2 hours ago, carlosalonsor said:

Wow! It doesn't make any sense they would let Key passengers seat before Crown Loft Suite guests. I would complain directly to my concierge.

Agreed! Didn’t make sense to me either. I’m definitely going to bring it up to the concierge but I missed them this morning as we were in port but I’ll go see them at 5

2 hours ago, michaelp1446 said:

Were they still requiring reservations for shows on this cruise? 

If so, there is VIP seating for GS and above, but only with reservations.

Yes, reservations only until 15 minutes til then they can give your seats away. We did have reservations 

23 hours ago, wannabecruiseexpert said:

I was on the Harmony a few weeks ago and was in a CLS.  We were able to sit in the reserved area at the Aqua Show.  Someone made a mistake.  The only thing we needed a reservation for was the comedy show and the suite concierge made that for us.

So when I talked to the concierge she said they were definitely wrong and we should have been able to sit there. Said the sign shouldn’t even be worded as concierge suites and then asked some questions about the person who told us we couldn’t (what she looked like) and said she’d make it right. She said she thinks it’s someone new who pretty much didn’t know what she was doing.

We had the ice show tonight (amazing by the way) and the same lady was there and came to us as we were walking up and took us to a front row. No embarrassment tonight so all is good.

8 hours ago, wannabecruiseexpert said:

So when I talked to the concierge she said they were definitely wrong and we should have been able to sit there. Said the sign shouldn’t even be worded as concierge suites and then asked some questions about the person who told us we couldn’t (what she looked like) and said she’d make it right. She said she thinks it’s someone new who pretty much didn’t know what she was doing.

We had the ice show tonight (amazing by the way) and the same lady was there and came to us as we were walking up and took us to a front row. No embarrassment tonight so all is good.

This is the right way to handle such things.  Good for you.  No scene...no embarrassing anyone else, and then [quickly] going to the right person to graciously explain the problem.  I'm sure it was handled quickly and professionally.  Bravo for your tact.

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, jtorrey585 said:

Did you find nice seats the night you were turned away? I'm debating purchasing the key for this VIP seating but many say you can find better general admission seating most times and its not worth it. 

VIP seating in theatre has always been balcony center section.

At least in my experiance.

So yes better seating is avalible, especially if you're not a fan of balcony seating