Monitoring Prices

Guest toodle68

Guest toodle68

What websites / services do you all use to monitor the price of cruises / staterooms and are significant changes ever likely or is it just a few dollars here and there?  

:D. I mean on board credit is on board credit right???? lol

I'm not sure exactly what this is referring to....but just remember.  You can and WILL lose your OBC (if it is part of a booking promo) if you reprice a cruise to take advantage of a lower fare and that same OBC is not offered as part of the promo.

So having OBC doesn't mean you will retain OBC in some cases.

I used to check on a weekly basis, haven't seen a price drop in 3 years though now so I probably check every month or two instead. Once you figure out the best pricing is the week they release the schedule and book then you really don't get to see any price drops any more.

Speaking of which we should be seeing the next schedule roll forward in 60 days or so ... time to start plotting my 2018/2019 plans !

I had no onboard credit or special deals with my booking that I made a year ago so, anything would be in my favor if it happens. If it doesn't, that is ok too. I am happy what I paid for my cruise and we are excited and are counting down the days (52)!! Thanks for the bit of advice though for my future cruises!!

I check about 4-5 sites daily......so yeah, bad I know! And I check while at work as well at home.

I check Royal's of course....as well as Vacationstogo and Crusiecon.....I also check for deals through a cpl travel companies that charge in CAD locally here.....

Of course I log in to check my C&A deals, but haven't had much luck with those yet.

That being said, I have managed to save myself a few $$ on a cpl cruises by checking around.

I enjoy doing it, so even if I don't find savings its still enjoyable for me.

Guest toodle68

Curious.. but if I book an excursion and then find a better price on the cruise and cancel the cruise.. are the excursions automatically cancelled and refunded?  or do I cancel those first?

I guess a better approach is not to book excursions until final payment?

Curious.. but if I book an excursion and then find a better price on the cruise and cancel the cruise.. are the excursions automatically cancelled and refunded?  or do I cancel those first?

I guess a better approach is not to book excursions until final payment?

If you cancel a cruise, an excursion booked with RC should be cancelled too.  I would suggest not booking excursions until you are certain you are cruising (final payment date).  Excursions rarely sell out in the Caribbean.

Guest toodle68

If you cancel a cruise, an excursion booked with RC should be cancelled too.  I would suggest not booking excursions until you are certain you are cruising (final payment date).  Excursions rarely sell out in the Caribbean.

I am going on the cruise.. I was asking if I found a better price for the same cruise but I have already booked an excursion. What happens when I cancel the cruise (to re-book it at the lower price) to the excursion? 

Yes.. as I learn more I see the benefit in not booking/paying for anything until the final payment is made.

I am going on the cruise.. I was asking if I found a better price for the same cruise but I have already booked an excursion. What happens when I cancel the cruise (to re-book it at the lower price) to the excursion?

Yes.. as I learn more I see the benefit in not booking/paying for anything until the final payment is made.

Once the cruise is cancelled, everything that you booked and paid for is cancelled, too. I got hit by this because I bought a drink package prior to a price increase. It was worth having to pay more for the package because of the savings, but it was a pain to rebook everything.