deluxe package

It is "normal" or the new normal. I believe those options were just released and the further away the sailing, the more things cost. They are trying to gauge what people are willing to pay.

The real issue is that 2022 sailings have higher prices. My Odyssey sailing was averaging $62-68. It is now $73 with the current sale. 

The price for Explorer in June just jumped today.  Kicking myself for not taking the last "special" price.  The standard pre-boarding price had been $70/day, the last few special prices (Buy 1, get 1 half) was $66, now the latest "special" price that just came out is $73/day.  

Interesting that the price jumped on the day they come out with another round of "special" prices. 

9 minutes ago, PatsFanBrian said:

The price for Explorer in June just jumped today.  Kicking myself for not taking the last "special" price.  The standard pre-boarding price had been $70/day, the last few special prices (Buy 1, get 1 half) was $66, now the latest "special" price that just came out is $73/day.  

Interesting that the price jumped on the day they come out with another round of "special" prices. 

Ya, we booked ours at the $68 price per person a month ago for our May Symphony sailing and it's "on sale" at $73 today. 

My best advice (it's the advice given by many others on this board) is to book at a price you're comfortable and you can always cancel and rebook the package if it goes lower. With the current travel demands, the price of the DBP is more likely to go up than down for your sailing.

Going to Alaska for 7 days in June 2023 on the Quantum.  Drinks package just showed up today.  $90/d/pp.  At that price I'll just buy as needed.  I stated in another thread that Mrs Fan would be a huge liability for this.  No way she is drinking that much and I have a hard time seeing myself breaking more than even.  We will bring our 2 bottles of wine and take one to the dining room and keep one in our room.  My grown kids (3) and their spouses are going and claim they are going to grab the package.  I might get 1 or 2 of them to bring wine on as well and hand it over to pops once onboard.  Last Alaska cruise we did (Princess), I put a 2L box of chardonay in my checked bag and it made it to the room without incident. I figured that if it was grabbed, I was out $20 and no big deal. I'll probably try to get my hands on a 10 drink card near the end.  

5 hours ago, mike2608 said:

The deluxe beverage package just showed up for my cruise on the symphony in feb 2023 and it is $98 per day per guest. Is this normal for this package?

1.  I'd wait for a sale, if it ever happens, then buy it then.  If you buy it when it goes on sale, and I mean buy it right away, you can always cancel it and purchase it at a lesser amount if it does go down further, later. 

2.  If you buy it now, at 98.00 and it doesn't go down, you did the best you can do and you got it at the inflated price, you can always cancel it if you don't think it is worth it. 

3.  If it never gets below $98.00 and you didn't buy it at all, you can go ahead and buy it a few days before your embarkation date, if you think it is worth it for you.

I'd do #1.  

22 minutes ago, michaelp1446 said:

If your 2023 cruise planner looks like mine, the ONLY available package available is the DBP @ $98.00pp/pd. 

No refreshment Pkg, no Dining packages listed yet. Specialty dining not available to book yet (individual not UDP).

Hoping CP starts to populate this month. Then check frequently to book when price is reasonable🤞

Maybe Royal is just sending out feeler packages.  Just to see of the public is willing to pay that kind of money.  I know I'm not.

With our upcoming cruise the drink package (and most everything else) is all over the board price wise.  I think that sometimes they post a price to see what people will pay, and if not enough sign up then they lower the price.  When I first purchased this Deluxe package it was $ 84, and I check all the time - it dropped to 73, and I did a repurchase at 64 a day.

Just like room upgrades it seem to have on rhyme or reason - however RC makes money off any drink package!

Only quasi-related, but  the prices of quite a few things skyrocketed this week.  In August, the over the water cabanas are priced at $3500 (ok, $3499)   Beverage @ $78 and Internet @ $20 (about average).   We're pretty loyal to royal, but next year trying Celebrity with the always included package.  Will be interesting to just compare all-in prices between the sister lines.  

This is not “normal” pricing. I’m seeing $98/pp/d for the deluxe for my sailing on Harmony later this year. I can tell you right now I’m not going to be buying until that price comes down to $68/pp/d or less. There is no way I’m going to drink enough to justify anything higher.

For clarification, I just got the prices for a 12 night cruise with Ovation from Australia with the cost being $143.29AUD per guest per day. Seeing as there are four in the family, I don't feel we should be forking $1,927.77 AUD per guest for just drinks. (Unless these cocktails are $30AUD each

What's weird is that the drinks package is the most overpriced item in the cruise planner excluding shore excursions. Would it be best to purchase the package anyways?

I never saw better than $68 pp for the deluxe drink package for our June 5th Mariner. I think prices tends to go up the closer to get to the cruise date. The price for the Cococay water slides was $94 and now it’s on sale for $133! At least this is what I’ve seen since I first booked last October. 

1 hour ago, JennP said:

Speaking of drink package - silly question maybe - but how do I see what the price is currently when I've already purchased it? It doesn't say in the planner - just unclickable and that I've already purchased it??! Thanks!

Go to your order history and you can see what you paid

8 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Go to your order history and you can see what you paid

Sorry I should have worded that different. I’ve already paid for the DBP. But I can’t see what the current price is today to know if it’s gone down in price. It just tells me that I’ve already purchased it. Currently the website  states the DBP is 35% off now but it doesn’t show me what that dollar value per day is. 

4 hours ago, JennP said:

Sorry I should have worded that different. I’ve already paid for the DBP. But I can’t see what the current price is today to know if it’s gone down in price. It just tells me that I’ve already purchased it. Currently the website  states the DBP is 35% off now but it doesn’t show me what that dollar value per day is. 

In the CP, go to the beverages tab and it will tell you the current price even though it says "reserved" in blue on the package you brought. That will be the current price

image.thumb.png.7900a80792eeed8555d49326a76750b9.png

4 hours ago, JennP said:

Currently the website  states the DBP is 35% off now but it doesn’t show me what that dollar value per day is. 

I have found that if I use my iphone or ipad, I cannot see the current price but if I go to the Royal website on my PC, I can.  Not sure if the device is an issue for you but that's how it often works, for me.

They have a "sale" for our October cruise for DBP.  Reg price $98/pp-pd but offered now with a 50% off 2nd DBP so it works out to $72/pp-pd for each person before tax and tips.  I have never paid more than $49 pp-pd but I bought the 2 DBPs over a year in advance of the cruise.  Now that we are Diamond+ we will forego the DBP and pay for any drinks above and beyond the 5 we each get per day.  If nothing else we will be more aware of our daily consumption and give us more data for budgeting of future cruises.