Confused-Health Protocols

These are the protocols for my 13th May sailing from Southampton (from the web):

All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing.

For the best European cruise experience, we strongly recommend guests be “up to date” on their COVID-19 vaccination per the European Medicines Agency (EMA).

To be considered up to date by all European countries we sail to, your vaccination must meet both of the following requirements.

1. You received your most recent vaccine dose no more than 9 months (270 days) ago. This could have been the final dose in your original vaccine series (or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson), or a booster dose. 

2. Your most recent vaccine dose is on this list of EMA-approved vaccines:    

Pfizer

Moderna

Johnson & Johnson

AstraZeneca

Nuvaxovid

These standards apply to all guests age 12 and up (or 6 and up for Italy stops). Those who do not meet these standards will require additional testing onboard prior to going ashore in certain ports

To me this looks like I can board 'un boosted' however the customer services people say I cant. Does anybody know????

I suspect you may be able to board unboostered but some or all of the cruise ports of call on the itinerary may impose their own requirements that can include booster shots. 

There may be restrictions or additional requirements to get off the ship at the ports of call.   Royal can't override what each country or port you visit may require.

Healthy Shore Excursions

• Fully vaccinated guests and unvaccinated kids can visit ports of call freely. However, additional testing requirements may exist in some countries for guests who are unvaccinated; not considered up to date by EMA standards; or not vaccinated with an EMA-authorized vaccine. It is strongly recommended that guests be up to date and bring their vaccination record while ashore, as businesses in some countries may require proof of vaccination to enter. For sailings visiting France, guests who are from an Orange List country will not be allowed to visit the port, per French government regulations. Learn which countries are on the Orange List. Tours are available at a variety of price points and may be purchased in advance on Cruise Planner or once onboard using the Royal Caribbean App.  Requirements for going ashore are subject to change as circumstances evolve, and we will continue to update booked guests of any requirements for their upcoming cruise.  

Im finding them close to useles, one kept changing her mind depending on what I said!!

19 minutes ago, YouthD said:

To me it sounds like you only need to be fully vaccinated (not boosted). Have you talked with different customer services people? They tend to give out different information.

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

I suspect you may be able to board unboostered but some or all of the cruise ports of call on the itinerary may impose their own requirements that can include booster shots. 

There may be restrictions or additional requirements to get off the ship at the ports of call.   Royal can't override what each country or port you visit may require.

Healthy Shore Excursions

• Fully vaccinated guests and unvaccinated kids can visit ports of call freely. However, additional testing requirements may exist in some countries for guests who are unvaccinated; not considered up to date by EMA standards; or not vaccinated with an EMA-authorized vaccine. It is strongly recommended that guests be up to date and bring their vaccination record while ashore, as businesses in some countries may require proof of vaccination to enter. For sailings visiting France, guests who are from an Orange List country will not be allowed to visit the port, per French government regulations. Learn which countries are on the Orange List. Tours are available at a variety of price points and may be purchased in advance on Cruise Planner or once onboard using the Royal Caribbean App.  Requirements for going ashore are subject to change as circumstances evolve, and we will continue to update booked guests of any requirements for their upcoming cruise.  

Thats fine, its only two nights I wasnt going to get off!

Do you need to have had your booster dose within the 270 day window? It will be 280 days for me when we sail from Barcelona.

I have had two Astra Zeneca vaccines and a booster dose. I am not eligible for a further booster yet.

I have phoned and sent emails. Differing answers……..

On 4/24/2022 at 9:29 AM, Heather H said:

Do you need to have had your booster dose within the 270 day window? It will be 280 days for me when we sail from Barcelona.

I have had two Astra Zeneca vaccines and a booster dose. I am not eligible for a further booster yet.

I have phoned and sent emails. Differing answers……..

Your last vaccine, be it the 2nd dose or a booster, must be within 270 days of sailing from Barcelona otherwise you will need to follow the other protocols, which involve additional testing.    I have a sailing out of Barcelona on Celebrity. You are considered FULLY VAX if your booster or final dose was done within 270 days of sailing.  
See if Royal has the same on their website (I suspect they do because this is a "Barcelona thing".   Here is a link to Celebrity Page and the European embarkation.  https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/europe-travel-requirements   There is a wealth of info in this link, including previously testing positive for Covid and testing to get off at ports and to debark.

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.
  • Fully-Vaccinated** Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day of sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation. 

52 minutes ago, BesaidCruiser said:

Maybe someone can help me too. I wanted to make online Check-in but it... they do not acknowledge my Status. Maybe i took the wrong Photos? I took a Picture of the Front of my vaccinecard and a picture of the inside where you can see the dateVaccine Manufacture stc. have i done anything wrong?

Sounds about right, is the vax info saying pending? If so, that is okay, they will take anywhere for 5 days to a few weeks to process it. I think real humans have to review the pictures. If it is rejecting the pictures, make sure they fit in frame. It should be front and back pictures

35 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Sounds about right, is the vax info saying pending? If so, that is okay, they will take anywhere for 5 days to a few weeks to process it. I think real humans have to review the pictures. If it is rejecting the pictures, make sure they fit in frame. It should be front and back pictures

I thought it was everything right so far. I just called up the Hospital for getting a International Certificat. Maybe the "Real Humans" are ok with that.