Wanna Hear Something Funny?

Floski

I've been dying to go on another cruise.  I dream about it, think about it all the time, pester my wife about it.

Since I live in Charleston - I've had a couple people suggest to me that I just take one out of here.   HAHAHAHAHA

The only ship that ports here is the Carnival Ecstasy.

I know some people like it, but I'll just wait until I can get back on my RCCL!!!

Meanwhile, I'm re-considering my friendship requirements!!!

:P

Exactly how I booked my upcoming cruise......thank god I got a deal on it though or the hang over would have been the least of my problems the next day!..lol

what I wouldn't give to be within driving distance to a cruise port!

If I was 6 hrs drive away from Port Canaveral give or take...I wouldn't be dreaming, I would driving!

YOLO - BOOK IT. :D

Or do what I do... book a cruise (maybe after a couple beers...) and just tell your significant other what's happening. ** 

** this plan works better if the significant other is also consuming beverages of the alcoholic variety.

How funny, we booked the next Bermuda cruise while sitting around a bonfire drinking some beverages --- It made the decision go a little easier ...

That's why we book out of Galveston: Because it's not too bad a drive from Dallas. Fortunately, Royal Caribbean sails out of there with two ships. Never been on the Vision: Actually, never did a short booze-cruise 4-5 day cruise. It's always been 7. That seems to be exactly enough time for the wife and I to look forward to going home. Otherwise, we probably just wouldn't leave the ship.

Guest toodle68

My wife unleashed a demon and she is fine with it.  She was the cruiser and I said I would never go on a cruise since I have always been big on free travelling, making it up as I go etc..  I finally went on a 3 night cruise with her in 2014 and loved it. Just came back from Liberty and had a great time.  Booked another 3 day on Majesty in May the day after we got back.. and Freedom in Dec for the family.

The only problem is the cost to get to the port.  We did Galveston but unlikely we will do that again. 

Charleston to Orlando is drive-able..

My wife unleashed a demon and she is fine with it.  She was the cruiser and I said I would never go on a cruise since I have always been big on free travelling, making it up as I go etc..  I finally went on a 3 night cruise with her in 2014 and loved it. Just came back from Liberty and had a great time.  Booked another 3 day on Majesty in May the day after we got back.. and Freedom in Dec for the family.

The only problem is the cost to get to the port.  We did Galveston but unlikely we will do that again. 

Charleston to Orlando is drive-able..

Charleston to Baltimore is also within driving distance, giving you more options ..... especially if there's a desire to go to Bermuda.

I have thought about how I could get closer to a port....but no options for us Canadians.....

Florida is defn my retirement plan...or earlier with the lottery!...ha

It's funny you mention the lottery...... if that ever happened to us, we would want to be snow birds .... we love the old portion of St. Cloud (not so touristy) --- but we also love living in the mountains of Western Maryland .... the best of both worlds.

Guest toodle68

Charleston to Baltimore is also within driving distance, giving you more options ..... especially if there's a desire to go to Bermuda.

Oh I was referring to Floski location. We are in Richmond and Baltimore is definitely do-able..  When we go out of that port we will likely try Amtrak for $33 a ticket. Even looked at Newark via train. All possible.

We are in Richmond.

We're just a little north of you, in Woodbridge.  I find Baltimore to be very convenient but the lack of cruise destinations is tiresome.  I guess we're just going to have to opt for the longer cruises out of Baltimore and be happy with the Vision class ship.  So far, the travel to Florida has been the best option but we may have to reconsider now that Grandeur is doing longer cruises.

...and if we're all going to chip in and buy the Grandeur, we can take it anywhere we wanna go, right ?

Raye,

Why are we all chipping in and buying the Grandeur? I am sailing on her in January 2018 out of Baltimore, I got an unbelievable deal on the cruise. Believe it or not, just doing a mock airline booking it was cheaper to fly to Baltimore than to Fort Lauderdale or Miami from Dallas.

You can't buy the ship until I sail on her. How much will the chip in be (I am scared to ask).

We don't know how much it's going to cost yet. There is another thread where we're discussing the fact that the Grandeur and a couple of other ships are up for sale. We figured if anyone's going to buy it it might as well be us !

It just MIGHT be a little out of our price range though. We probably won't get the scratch together until after you sail. No worries...

I've been dying to go on another cruise. I dream about it, think about it all the time, pester my wife about it.

Since I live in Charleston - I've had a couple people suggest to me that I just take one out of here. HAHAHAHAHA

The only ship that ports here is the Carnival Ecstasy.

I know some people like it, but I'll just wait until I can get back on my RCCL!!!

Meanwhile, I'm re-considering my friendship requirements!!!

:P

Be kind. I honeymooned on that ship 20 years ago. Of course, I hated it, but the marriage has at least lasted.

Raye,

Why are we all chipping in and buying the Grandeur? I am sailing on her in January 2018 out of Baltimore, I got an unbelievable deal on the cruise. Believe it or not, just doing a mock airline booking it was cheaper to fly to Baltimore than to Fort Lauderdale or Miami from Dallas.

You can't buy the ship until I sail on her. How much will the chip in be (I am scared to ask).

I'm thinking --- the reason Baltimore may be cheaper to fly to ..... If you looked at Southwest, Baltimore is a hub, that may be a factor, plus, it's the least expensive of the 3 airports in the DC region.