Symphony solarium bistro

33 minutes ago, KLA said:

Oh, weird! I was able to book Solarium Bistro for dinner on my Symphony cruise in just over a week. It hadn't occurred to me that it hasn't been open yet.

I am on the same cruise and it shows on my planner I am booked for dinner too.

Any word yet for you on your bids...still pending for my 3 bids

26 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

I am on the same cruise and it shows on my planner I am booked for dinner too.

Any word yet for you on your bids...still pending for my 3 bids

Got accepted to move from an OV window to OV Balcony last week - happy with that move, and it's in a location I would have picked on my own anyway! Though it looks like suites are pretty booked up at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 7:06 AM, Jayhoaps said:

I have a question regarding the Solarium bistro, do you need to make reservations to eat there at lunch or dinner?

Also is the solarium bistro buffet style or you order from the menu? Time. 

I have a similar question.  I noticed this morning that dining options and dining packages were loaded into the cruise planner for my Feb 2023 cruise on Symphony.  It lists Solarium Bistro under the Specialty Dinner options with a la carte pricing.  It also shows listings for Solarium Bistro for Breakfast and Lunch, and appears to imply that reservations might be needed for these times as well.  I thought Solarium Bistro was complimentary at breakfast and lunch, with no reservations needed, but perhaps they are changing things or I am mistaken.  Anyone know how this works?

I ate dinner at Solarium Bistro on either Oasis or Harmony pre-covid, I forget.

It's... well... interesting? First, it was free but required a reservation for dinner. You order your main course off a menu but everything else is buffet style (salads, apps, desserts, etc.)  It's got a lot of healthy-ish stuff, some Mediterranean influence, a few middle eastern type items.

Sorry I can't give a better description. It was a while ago and also hard to describe. My wife went b/c I like to try anything once... but we went early so there would be time to go to WJ afterwards b/c I was pretty sure she wouldn't like it. I remember loving one foreign dessert but I couldn't tell you what it was.

I think the Solarium is a fine choice for an included dining option. The selections are similar to what you would find in the WJ with a focus on  healthy selections. What I like best about it is that it's a quieter, more intimate  setting than some of the other options. 

17 minutes ago, fireclan said:

I think the Solarium is a fine choice for an included dining option. The selections are similar to what you would find in the WJ with a focus on  healthy selections. What I like best about it is that it's a quieter, more intimate  setting than some of the other options. 

"Healthy Selections"  Ewwwwwwwe!

11 hours ago, fireclan said:

It's a good alternative to WJ at breakfast. It's not nearly as similar at lunch and completely different for dinner.

Just off of Symphony this weekend - still completely closed at all times of day. Was bummed, it's a favorite of ours for breakfast and lunch. We had made a reservation at Solarium Bistro for dinner and we received a note on day 1 saying that our reservation was cancelled due to the venue remaining closed.