Odyssey of the Seas (10th July - 17th July) 7 Night Greek Isles Cruise

We are going on this cruise with family 4 adults 2 teens (17-19) we are also staying in Rome from 8th July. (Party of 3, party of 2, and solo traveler.) 

We live in Ireland and Belgium and we also have 2 other couples coming along on the same cruise from England and Ireland so we will be 10 in total at some point. 

Been on Independence, Explorer and Harmony before so this is our first Quantum class ship, looking forward to the port stops and to hearing what others are doing.

With less than 3 months to go we will probably have to test somewhere in Rome before our cruise so also wanting to hear of experiences regarding this. 

I'm starting to look at excursions now it's getting closer I will post here if I see anything interesting. 

Happy sailing all,

John

We're (my husband and I) boarding this journey as our first cruise. We were planning to fly over on the 9th, but it looks like we need to have a PCR test done within the last 24hrs of boarding, so not sure how that will work? We'd be flying out of either Edinburgh or Birmingham (trying to get a direct flight) early on the 9th, so we would be outwith the 24hr period?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Donna looks like we will have the ship to ourselves. 😆 

For the testing you don't need to have a PCR you can do an Antigen at any chemist, it's the ones where you get the result within 15 minutes and now Royal have announced that for Italy you can do it 2 days before you board. 🙂 

More chance to get a royal up bid accepted lol. Although, a lot of the excursions have sold out! I have my countdown going, got my magnetic hooks and other tips purchased and ready to go. It's ridiculous how excited I am, but we haven't had a holiday just for us since 2008 so I'm ok with being a big wean 😂

All checked in, ready to go. I think I may be even more excited now 😂 check in opened at 11 last night (midnight on the ship), so was in there quick! Paranoid I won't get decent dinner times for the specialty restaurants, so got the earliest time I could. Roll on July 10th!