Two of my individual cruises were canceled by RC by mistake

So I am wondering if this is a wide spread issue or am I just that lucky?

I have 3 B2B on Navigator in May. All paid for 100%.  About a week ago I received emails canceling my onboard purchases: dining package, internet, etc. I did not cancel them. Then my cruise booking was gone off the RC online. Well, some how through a computer glitch my cruise was canceled. It took 6 hours on the phone to get it fixed. 

This past weekend the same thing happened on one of the other cruises in this group of B2B.  Same scenario and today I was on the phone for 7 hours.  Still not completely fixed, but close.

I never ask for anything when things go wrong but this is ridiculous. I asked what do they do for their customers when they put them through such turmoil not just once but twice and I was told “nothing”. They just reinstate the cruise…that’s all.  

Has anyone experienced this level of turmoil recently?   What’s a loyal RC cruiser to do? 

3 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Always book with a travel agent so they spend 7 hours on the phone instead of you 🙂

This, this, this.

8 hours ago, svanduker said:

Has anyone experienced this level of turmoil recently?   What’s a loyal RC cruiser to do? 

If they reinstated everything then I wouldn't think to ask for anything more. Now if they couldn't restate your onboard purchases at the same prices you originally had them, I've heard of them giving folks OBC for the difference they had to pay so it effectively makes them whole.

Disgraceful.  Write a letter to customer service detailing your complaint and ask for compensation.  It can’t hurt.  A good company would offer something. And if you are still dissatisfied write again, address to the CEO so he knows what’s going on. 

reminds me of my honeymoon with Continental airline issue.  We complained when we got to our destination and we’re told “something sweet will be waiting for you when you get home”.  Well it was sweet, it was a lb of m&m’s in a gift box.  We followed up with a letter and received vouchers towards a flight.  

I agree with always work with a Travel Agent and I did.  I had to wait 1.5 hour in the queue for the TA and then wait while they waited in the RC queue. Ughh! I hope this is the end of this, RC has always been so good. Glad this is not a wide spread issue. Happy cruising everyone! 

What a timely thread.  My Alaska cruise this summer was mistakenly cancelled last night.  I've got my TA working on it now, but all my pre-purchases were also cancelled.

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Now if they couldn't restate your onboard purchases at the same prices you originally had them, I've heard of them giving folks OBC for the difference they had to pay so it effectively makes them whole.

This is good to know as I suspect I'll be having to go this route...

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

This, this, this.

If they reinstated everything then I wouldn't think to ask for anything more. Now if they couldn't restate your onboard purchases at the same prices you originally had them, I've heard of them giving folks OBC for the difference they had to pay so it effectively makes them whole.

Yes, slightly different circumstances, but someone on my upcoming Odyssey cruise next month had all their cruise planner purchases mistakenly cancelled by Royal and after reinstating them they gave them sufficient OBC to cover the difference in cost.

2 hours ago, svanduker said:

I agree with always work with a Travel Agent and I did.  I had to wait 1.5 hour in the queue for the TA and then wait while they waited in the RC queue.

What kind of TA do you have that you had to wait 1.5 hours to talk to them?  I just email or text mine and she takes care of whatever I need.