After purchasing excursions sold by ship

debinaz

You will receive tickets that will be waiting in your stateroom. The tickets will indicate where and when to meet.  In most cases, you disembark the ship and there will be an area near the gangway where tours are meeting. Look for a crew member holding a sign with the name of your excursion.

You will receive tickets that will be waiting in your stateroom. The tickets will indicate where and when to meet.  In most cases, you disembark the ship and there will be an area near the gangway where tours are meeting. Look for a crew member holding a sign with the name of your excursion.

Don't be late! Delaying an excursion will not win you any friends. 

Guest toodle68

Sometimes, if the ship is tendered instead of docked and it's an early excursion,  the meeting place will be somewhere on the ship and you will be first off the ship.  All that is on the tickets.

As to being late.. two people did not show up to one of our excursions and we were 20-30 minutes late and that threw off the entire day.. we never got to try cashew wine!!

Good info for a newbie...I am always way early...and i sure would not want to hold anyone up.

Early is good, I'm always early too.  But be prepared to stand and maybe even in the sun.  oh, you might even have to fill out a waver once you get there.  My advice is answer it like you want to go.  Once my wife was filling out one (I think it was for snuba) and it asked about heart problems in her family.  Her father had a heart attack a while back and she mentioned it, they told her she can't participate.  They did let her fill it out again.

Guest toodle68

When at the western Caribbean ports they would not allow any food or liquid off or on the ship. At Cozumel they had dogs sniffing for food coming off and I had to throw away bottled water heading back on.

In 2008 in Cozemel, we brought back 3 bottles of liquor and handed the bags to the security, who scanned them thru, and said "Have a nice day".  Im sure he was supposed to place them on hold for us to retrieve on the last day, but maybe he was tired of that.  They sell liquor at most stores on the pier, so I think they were just overwhelmed with a lot of people returning.  So, its a gamble you can take if you buy some adult beverages, just come back in when there is a large crowd.

debinaz, in a word no.  They will have you pour it out before you get back on board.  You can bring on all the sealed liquor you want but nothing you are drinking.

Pour it out?!??!  I think you meant finish it.  I think making someone pour out a drink violates some clause in the Geneva Convention.   :)

Pour it out?!??!  I think you meant finish it.  I think making someone pour out a drink violates some clause in the Geneva Convention.   :)

I've seen it both ways.  Some of them really needed to pour it out, they had a hard time just getting up the pier and even one couple were the reason the ship was delayed.  I don't think they gave them a choice.