xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - May 11, 2023 - May 19, 2023 (8 Night Alaska Glacier Cruise)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 10:00 AM, JKil said:

We have booked this cruise too for our honeymoon next May!  Very excited!  This is our first cruise and we are really looking forward to it.

We had our first cruise Feb of 2020 on Oasis. We had so much fun! I hope that your first cruise is as lovely as ours was. Happy Honeymoon!!! :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was just about to book the May 11th 2023 Radiance (first Alaska cruise btw) until I saw this Ovation sailing.  I know a Radiance class ship can't compare to a Quantum, but how do you all feel about the itinerary on this sailing? I noticed the itinerary difference is Radiance goes through Icy Straight Point, Hubbard and the Inside Passage.  They both go to Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan with Ovation adding Sitka. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of you plan any Excursions yet?  So far, I booked thru RC for White Pass Railroad in Skagway.  Planning to book Tour Shuttle Bus: Mendenhall glacier & Cables Car: Mount Roberts Tramway  When we arrive in Juneau.  Any other suggestion, as this will be my first time in Alaska with a group of 5 people.

Thanks,

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Ovation of the Seas - May 11, 2023 - May 19, 2023 (8 Night Alaska Glacier Cruise)
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw a load of cool informative videos on YouTube and used them as a guide for myself.  I ended up booking the white pass railway for Skagway and the Misty Fjord exploration for Ketchikan.  I'm very tempted to do a helicopter ride to a glacier but I'm not sure its worth the 500+ price.  Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FpD6P5v3Og

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTGzqZfsWyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqvh6slJIl0

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

86 more days to go before our Alaska sailing.  Have any of you booked any Shore Excursions?

The only excursions I booked thru RC is Day 5 @ Skagway - White Pass Scenic Railway

Interest in the Goldbelt Tram on Day 4 @ Juneau, but will buy the ticket once we get there.

But I would mostly likely book a Juneau City & Mendenhall Glacier Tour thru a 3rd party.

The rest of the other days I haven't decided yet.  What are other planning to do?  Shared the though?  Any suggestion?

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Hello

My wife and I are so looking forward to this cruise, we got an Deck 3 Ocean View room but hping to bid for a balcony. 

Yet to book excursions and looking at the White Pass Scenic railway and the Juneau cable car, anyone recommend booking on arrival from third parties at destination or go with RCL? 

We are doing a 2 day pre cruise stay in Vancouver and Seattle, any hotels you can recommend downtown in both? We don't plan to rent a car so prefer a central location.

Thanks

Hi all, just noticed they updated the MDR menus this morning in the app and there isn't a Royal night with lobster. All of the themed night menus are there, and I see a Taste of the USA which is I haven't heard mentioned before.  I hope it's wrong or we would be losing out on at least 1 free lobster tail, we'll see.

On 4/5/2023 at 8:41 AM, new2cruzing said:

Hi all, just noticed they updated the MDR menus this morning in the app and there isn't a Royal night with lobster. All of the themed night menus are there, and I see a Taste of the USA which is I haven't heard mentioned before.  I hope it's wrong or we would be losing out on at least 1 free lobster tail, we'll see.

I am sure they will update the menu again.  As you see, there's no dinner menu on Day 8.  Since this is a 8 nights cruise.  

18 minutes ago, KevinK said:

I am sure they will update the menu again.  As you see, there's no dinner menu on Day 8.  Since this is a 8 nights cruise.  

Thanks for pointing that out, KevinK. I checked and I guess my count of days on the calendar is matching RCCL's "fuzzy math" after looking at their package pricing for too long 😁.

On 2/14/2023 at 7:28 AM, KevinK said:

Hi all,

86 more days to go before our Alaska sailing.  Have any of you booked any Shore Excursions?

The only excursions I booked thru RC is Day 5 @ Skagway - White Pass Scenic Railway

Interest in the Goldbelt Tram on Day 4 @ Juneau, but will buy the ticket once we get there.

But I would mostly likely book a Juneau City & Mendenhall Glacier Tour thru a 3rd party.

The rest of the other days I haven't decided yet.  What are other planning to do?  Shared the though?  Any suggestion?

Thanks,

We booked the Ketchikan Duck Tour on Day 7 and saved $20 each via Tripadvisor.

16 minutes ago, new2cruzing said:

We booked the Ketchikan Duck Tour on Day 7 and saved $20 each via Tripadvisor.

so u paying for $51 each?  I am looking at the Ketchikan tour also 5-17 Wednesday.  Their direct site is $71 each.  What time did you book your?  I am thinking maybe 10:30am. 

15 minutes ago, KevinK said:

so u paying for $51 each?  I am looking at the Ketchikan tour also 5-17 Wednesday.  Their direct site is $71 each.  What time did you book your?  I am thinking maybe 10:30am. 

Sorry, meant to say we booked 2 months ago at $69 a person vs. RCL's $89. Ours is at 10AM.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 8:20 AM, JKil said:

Has anyone else got confirmation of their Royal Up upgrade? We got ours yesterday. 😆

As mentioned previously we got married a couple of weeks ago and have booked this cruise for our honeymoon along with a few nights in Vancouver beforehand and Seattle after. Getting very excited now!

Two weeks away tomorrow, can't wait!! Congrats on your marriage!  This will be our 10 year anniversary/her bday cruise.  I would love to Royal Up to a balcony since we are in a virtual interior.  I just fear they will stick us in an undesirable area.

On 5/2/2023 at 9:45 AM, KevinK said:

For this cruise, I know embarkation is at 999 Canada Pl, Vancouver, BC V6C 0C3, Canada.  Do any of you know the disembarkation port is?  

Is it Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91, 2001 W Garfield St, Seattle, WA 98119

Yes, both Ovation and Quantum are homeported from Smith Cove Pier 91 for the summer AK season.

Once I laded to Vancouver, I am planning to Uber to my hotel.  I am tagging along with this..

3 hours ago, Berdjm said:

Does anyone know if I can use uber from the airport to the cruise terminal?  I really don't want to get any Canadian currency lol.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - May 11, 2023 - May 19, 2023 (8 Night Alaska Glacier Cruise)