Room service

Guest Sharon

Room service is complimentary unless it's in the middle of the night (can't remember the restricted hours but hardly anyone should be ordering room service during those hours !). I think the delivery charge for room service during those restricted hours is $3.95 or something close to that.

Midnight to 5 am, but there's always some place open on the ship to get food if one does not want to pay.

Guest toodle68

Probably the biggest disappointment of our recent trip on Liberty was room service. We were really looking forward to breakfast on the balcony of our junior suite.. but the first time we used room service for breakfast, the food was close to inedible. It was the only bad food we had on the trip.

Been wanting to try room service, just never get around to it.  I'd rather go someplace...

Yeah, but it's so nice to have coffee and a couple of croissants delivered first thing in the morning and enjoy them on your balcony in your pj's and then go someplace else. Especially on cruise days and you sleep au naturel!

We used Room Service every morning for assorted things.   The fruit plate, coffee, morning pastry, toast and even ordered a full breakfast one morning.  Everything was great.....scrambled eggs were OK and the hash brown potatoes throughout the ship remain miserable.  They do everything else wonderful I don't know why they can't get hash browns palatable.  

triangle hash browns are one of the things I look forward to for breakfast!!.....I think they are good...way better than their scrambled eggs.

I am trying to picture the breakfast menu that hangs from your door though, and I can't remember they had options for bacon and hashbrowns and those type of things?

Everything was great.....scrambled eggs were OK and the hash brown potatoes throughout the ship remain miserable.  They do everything else wonderful I don't know why they can't get hash browns palatable.  

Its because they use those pre-fabricated Gordon Food Service style "hash browns" which are the potato equivalent of Chicken McNugget.  Real hash browns are shredded potatoes that are fried in a pan, not deep fried gobs of processed potatoes.

I'm off my hash brown soapbox now.  :)

Its because they use those pre-fabricated Gordon Food Service style "hash browns" which are the potato equivalent of Chicken McNugget.  Real hash browns are shredded potatoes that are fried in a pan, not deep fried gobs of processed potatoes.

I'm off my hash brown soapbox now.   :)

The "hashbrowns" we received were NOT deep fried....just a square slice from a baking dish.  Once I got a triangle shape deep fried potato and that was much better.  

• 2 weeks later...

Probably the biggest disappointment of our recent trip on Liberty was room service. We were really looking forward to breakfast on the balcony of our junior suite.. but the first time we used room service for breakfast, the food was close to inedible. It was the only bad food we had on the trip.

I can agree with this statement 100%.  On Liberty Room service was painfully slow (50+ minutes no matter when you ordered, wait times on phone upwards of 15 minutes and Television ordering isnt actually confirmed, they have to call back after you place order on TV).  Food always shows up cold and rock hard.  Honey stung chicken was more like unflavored show leather.  Royal Burger was terrible.  I was extremely disappointed to say the least.

Unfortunately, "your version" of hash browns are nothing like I have ever seen on a cruise.....maybe Waffle House....but not RCL....VBG!!!

isnt it sad that we are agreeing that waffle house can make better hashbrowns then Royal Caribbean?  When i see folks take photos of some of the breakfast plates on RCL its more like a wall of shame than something to showcase.

isnt it sad that we are agreeing that waffle house can make better hashbrowns then Royal Caribbean?  When i see folks take photos of some of the breakfast plates on RCL its more like a wall of shame than something to showcase.

To be fair, I feel Waffle House makes better hash browns than a vast majority of diners I have been to in the northeast United States.

I am looking forward to room service on Freedom in March! The second day (first morning) is our 22nd wedding anniversary and we will be ordering room service for breakfast before heading out to our massage! I hope the food is good as to not ruin the specialness of the day haha!!

Fair warning, the eggs are inedible. Stick to coffee, bacon and a muffin/croissant.

Fair warning, the eggs are inedible. Stick to coffee, bacon and a muffin/croissant.

Any other items to avoid, like sausage links / patties, pancakes/waffles, or the generic coffee? I already read the warning in another thread about the "hash browns", so I'll steer clear of those when my cruise comes up!  ;)

Honestly, to just have some (good) hot coffee and a couple muffins or croissants and maybe a yogurt for breakfast on the balcony would be just fine for me and pretty much everyone in my family, but some hot food options would be good, too, long as they're actually delivered still hot!

Guest toodle68

Regarding the coffee..  If you use half and half, go up to WJ on your first day and grab a handful and put into your fridge. When I ordered coffee I ended up with a couple of the flavored milk and just enough sweetener for 1 cup. Also, double the number of portions. We selected 2 for most things and there was barely enough food for 1.  In all, our 1 attempt at room service breakfast was disappointing, but we will know better for next time.  

would be nice if they provided a menu for Room Service....on Navigator it's  not available on the TV and there is nothing in the rooms...you have to call every time and ask what the options are...then see what everyone wants and then call back to order.....

makes me think they are trying to discourage rooms service being used.

First time I noticed this.

would be nice if they provided a menu for Room Service....on Navigator it's  not available on the TV and there is nothing in the rooms...you have to call every time and ask what the options are...then see what everyone wants and then call back to order.....

makes me think they are trying to discourage rooms service being used.

First time I noticed this.

Did you say anything to your room attendant? Part of his job is ti make sure a room service menu is in your cabin. That's why they get paid the big bucks! :)

Any other items to avoid, like sausage links / patties, pancakes/waffles, or the generic coffee? I already read the warning in another thread about the "hash browns", so I'll steer clear of those when my cruise comes up!  ;)

I'm probably not the one to ask...my idea of a great cruise breakfast is a plate of corned beef hash, smothered in sausage country gravy, and a side of smoked salmon.

I'm not kidding.  At least through day 4 anyhow.

I'm probably not the one to ask...my idea of a great cruise breakfast is a plate of corned beef hash, smothered in sausage country gravy, and a side of smoked salmon.

I'm not kidding.  At least through day 4 anyhow.

Carney....talk about a serious cholesterol bomb! Good thing you work in the salmon with their heart healthy omega-3s. But, it does sound like one hell of a breakfast. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Midnight to 5 am, but there's always some place open on the ship to get food if one does not want to pay.

With all the food available, I'd hat to be a sloth and have it DELIVERED to me!  Best that I go walk a bit for a snack to trick myself into thinking I'm actually going to burn off the calories!

With all the food available, I'd hat to be a sloth and have it DELIVERED to me! Best that I go walk a bit for a snack to trick myself into thinking I'm actually going to burn off the calories!

I'm too impatient to wait for room service and can't remember the last time I ordered it. Even in the morning, I'd rather head to the WJ and bring something back for the family then rely on room service and the limited selection.

We tried room service on The Navigator. It was nice having coffee and danish in the morning, but we were travelling with some other folks in a different cabin, and by the time we finally received coffee, they were ready to head down for "real" breakfast. It was nice having it, but it just seemed to take a long time. Even ordering the night before. We didn't do it on our last cruise because we had a promenade view room, and it just took a few seconds to "pop" down for coffee and snacks....

It has been our experience Room Service always is on time with the time we select with our order tag.   Freedom of the Seas ALWAYS called just before delivery to give us a "heads up" to get dressed....vbg....and they always were a few minutes ahead of schedule.  There never was a need to get impatient.    

It has been our experience Room Service always is on time with the time we select with our order tag. Freedom of the Seas ALWAYS called just before delivery to give us a "heads up" to get dressed....vbg....and they always were a few minutes ahead of schedule. There never was a need to get impatient.

I agree with regards to the order ahead breakfast. It was mostly on time and the order was always correct. What I was referring to was ordering regular room service. I'd rather run to somewhere on the ship rather than wait 45 minutes for a meal or snack.