Royal Up question

Lynne S

Have a question regarding Royal Up bidding.  We are sailing 5/21/22 on Symphony.  We are booked with standard balcony stateroom on deck 10.  I have placed 3 bids.  The first is for a Junior Suite, the 2nd is Ultra Spacious Ocean View with Large Balcony.  The 3rd is Ocean View with Large Balcony.  My question is with my bid on the Ocean View with large balcony - is this really an upgrade to what I already have?  Is it really worth any extra $$ should I win that one?  Should I just cancel that bid since I am just thinking that it really is not an upgrade and worth extra $$.  Any advice from you seasoned cruisers out there.  I have placed bids before but never have "won" any.  Thanks in advance.

Depends on your group. The ultra spacious rooms have bunk beds for extra guests, so that's a plus if you more than 2, especially kids.

Also, they are only on deck 11 for Symphony so you don't run the risk of being on any deck. The rooms and balconies are just about the same size as a JS so you get some extra room.

Below are the rooms you'd be bidding on. Only 5 on the ship.

I'd say bid on it, but don't expect them to open up. They're more scarce than star class rooms.

Screenshot_20220416-235638_Chrome.thumb.jpg.65ac2e3e602800ef7162e2feec609f9e.jpg

I would totally not bid on the ocean view with large balcony unless you are the kind of person who loves spending hours on your balcony. You will not get value for your money, in my opinion, and having a bid in for that could conceivably be a barrier to your getting a JS or the ultra-spacious, both of which do have added value.

I completely agree with @FionaMG.  I have read far too many posts of folks who were already booked in a balcony, then bid and won a RU to a “higher” category of balcony just to be disappointed and feel as if their “upgrade” was no upgrade at all.  My advice is….if you are already in a balcony, do not bid on another balcony category.  Just bid on JS or higher.

I’m sure there are people who have upgraded their balcony room to another balcony category and been delighted with the results…but personally, I would not take that chance.