xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - Nov 20, 2022 - Nov 27, 2022 (7 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 7:18 PM, Anarose said:

Me and my fiancé are going on this cruise too! It leaves the day after our wedding and will be our first cruise ever! 

Congratulations!

• 3 months later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to Anthem of the Seas - Nov 20, 2022 - Nov 27, 2022 (7 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, markinct said:

Thanks for the reminder! I went for an 1130 check in time, now I'm already thinking I should have opted for an earlier one!

I'm in CT, too.  The port is so close we don't have to leave crazy early to make it for an early check in.  Plus I'm up early and excited to be out the door!

8 hours ago, KevinK said:

Got my 10:30 check in also.  But I also purchased The Key also.  Can't wait..

How much did you get The Key for? I snagged some amazing prices on things last Black Friday, glad I bought everything then because prices have only gone up. I haven't really kept tabs on The Key prices, my parents are Diamond Plus so we use their internet days.

18 hours ago, sleepy425 said:

I'm in CT, too.  The port is so close we don't have to leave crazy early to make it for an early check in.  Plus I'm up early and excited to be out the door!

Even though it's only a 2.5-3 hour drive, we're heading down the night before and staying near EWR. I really do not want to start our vacation getting stressed out because there's an accident on a bridge, or something. Plus I have some hotel points to use up, so we'll get a start on our vacation a day early.

12 hours ago, sleepy425 said:

How much did you get The Key for? I snagged some amazing prices on things last Black Friday, glad I bought everything then because prices have only gone up. I haven't really kept tabs on The Key prices, my parents are Diamond Plus so we use their internet days.

I missed it when it was at $17.99, but still got it for a great price @ $19.99.  Since I need internet for this trip, and this price including Chop for lunch.  Can't beat that..  Now I am hoping for another black Friday sale so I can pick up The Key for my next 2 cruise.  🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a few more days! This is our third Thanksgiving cruise on Anthem (we did 2018 and 2021...we had no intentions of doing this year, but that darn Next Cruise desk was just calling my name!). 

We lucked out the last two Thanksgiving cruises, it was nice outside the day of embarkation and there were no lines to get in.  Sunday is supposed to be chilly, really hoping we luck out again with no line at our assigned time. Last cruise we thought we were adopting our foster son, so we had to upgrade to a junior suite to fit him (we have 4 permanent kids - 2 were booked in a room with my parents, 2 with us.  So we needed a room that fit 5). He ended up reunited with family prior to our cruise, but man did we enjoy the space in that junior suite!  This time we have connecting balconies just for our family of 6, and my parents have their own balcony.  My husband is going to miss the coffee maker in the room.  I'm going to miss being able to walk  by the bed without banging my leg on something.

8 hours ago, KevinK said:

11 more hours to go..  🙂

Well, our report time is in just 3.5 hours, and I'm just now figuring out if I should drop my wife off with the bags, then park, or park and then walk in with the bags.

Thankfully, that's the only problem we have this morning!

6 hours ago, markinct said:

Well, our report time is in just 3.5 hours, and I'm just now figuring out if I should drop my wife off with the bags, then park, or park and then walk in with the bags.

Thankfully, that's the only problem we have this morning!

It took me less than 10 to get on the ship once I parked.  They Key was very helpful.  At my lunch at Chick.   Now in room...   Just finished unpack my stuff...  🙂

On 11/20/2022 at 1:41 PM, KevinK said:

It took me less than 10 to get on the ship once I parked.  They Key was very helpful.  At my lunch at Chick.   Now in room...   Just finished unpack my stuff...  🙂

We didn't have The Key... but I noticed the special check in spot for it. Very tempted to get it for next cruise!

This was my first time on a Quantum class ship - I thought it was an awesome cruise. And like always, it seems I didn't do half the things I wanted to do.... Well, there's always the next cruise!

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - Nov 20, 2022 - Nov 27, 2022 (7 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)
2 hours ago, markinct said:

We didn't have The Key... but I noticed the special check in spot for it. Very tempted to get it for next cruise!

This was my first time on a Quantum class ship - I thought it was an awesome cruise. And like always, it seems I didn't do half the things I wanted to do.... Well, there's always the next cruise!

This was my Third time sailing with Royal Caribbean and this is the first time I got the Key.  Since I need internet and the price was almost same as the internet.  I went ahead to try it.  Walking in was very smooth, they told me to go to the other line, which was no one there, and just show them my sail pass and check my passport, boom, walking in and go straight to the cruise.  Then I walk around and then went to the diner room to have The Key lunch, I went with the burger.  it was not bad.  The only benefit I use for the key was I went on the Northstar without paying, but there's a set schedule for it during the sea day, I was up there for 15 mins.   It really extend out to the ocean.  If I didn't have the Key, I would need to pay $15 for sea day.  Was told port day is free, but only goes up and stay there like about 10 mins.  On the Disembarkation, I went to have breakfast before I leave.  Breakfast was good.   I believe if The Key is almost same price is the internet then is worth it.  Overall my experience with the key was good.  If the key is around $20, I would go for it.  Here's was menu for The Key Lunch and the The Key Breakfast.

20221120_111839.jpg

20221127_073052.jpg

20221127_074059.jpg

20221127_074136.jpg