Crown & Anchor ??

38 minutes ago, Sunflowersandwhiskey said:

New to Royal Caribbean cruising. 
just signed up for a crown and anchor, my number has been added to my profile for my upcoming vacation, do I need to have my wife also sign up or will her points be added to my account since I was the one that made the reservations initially. 

You can only earn points for yourself.  She needs her own account.

You both need Crown & Anchor numbers.  You both get points for the cruises you take with Royal, and I believe Celebrity.  Now, if your wife takes an 8 day cruise without you, she gets 8 points, not you.  If that one 8 day cruise makes her qualified or meeting the milestone for, say, Diamond status, on your next cruise together, she will be diamond class, you won't.

According to Royal's site, you are signed up automatically after your first cruise is completed:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/crown-anchor-society-loyalty-program-enrollment

How do I enroll in the Crown & Anchor Society?

If you are a new guest, there is no need to sign up for Crown & Anchor Society. You will be automatically enrolled after you complete your first sailing with Royal Caribbean International (applies to US Residents). Membership benefits begin after you have completed at least one Royal Caribbean International cruise. 

If you have sailed with us but are not yet enrolled, you can contact Crown & Anchor Society at (800) 526-9723 to sign up before your next cruise. If you are outside the U.S. and Canada, call (541) 285-9723. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 9 AM-10 PM EST and Saturday through Sunday 9 AM-8 PM EST. Please be sure to have information about your previous cruise(s) on hand: ship name(s), sail date(s), and booking number(s).

You can also visit the Loyalty Ambassador onboard to sign-up for the program. Benefits begin after you have completed at least one Royal Caribbean International cruise. If your email address is given, we will use this to only communicate your Program benefits unless you opt-in to other solicitation

15 hours ago, 1st Mate said:

You both need Crown & Anchor numbers.  You both get points for the cruises you take with Royal, and I believe Celebrity.  Now, if your wife takes an 8 day cruise without you, she gets 8 points, not you.  If that one 8 day cruise makes her qualified or meeting the milestone for, say, Diamond status, on your next cruise together, she will be diamond class, you won't.

According to Royal's site, you are signed up automatically after your first cruise is completed:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/crown-anchor-society-loyalty-program-enrollment

How do I enroll in the Crown & Anchor Society?

If you are a new guest, there is no need to sign up for Crown & Anchor Society. You will be automatically enrolled after you complete your first sailing with Royal Caribbean International (applies to US Residents). Membership benefits begin after you have completed at least one Royal Caribbean International cruise. 

If you have sailed with us but are not yet enrolled, you can contact Crown & Anchor Society at (800) 526-9723 to sign up before your next cruise. If you are outside the U.S. and Canada, call (541) 285-9723. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 9 AM-10 PM EST and Saturday through Sunday 9 AM-8 PM EST. Please be sure to have information about your previous cruise(s) on hand: ship name(s), sail date(s), and booking number(s).

You can also visit the Loyalty Ambassador onboard to sign-up for the program. Benefits begin after you have completed at least one Royal Caribbean International cruise. If your email address is given, we will use this to only communicate your Program benefits unless you opt-in to other solicitation

No, if your accounts have a relationship link ie: sharing the same household, in this case, married, although you do not share points, you do share levels.  If your wife earns Diamond level, you are also Diamond even if your points aren’t enough.

2 hours ago, Pooch said:

No, if your accounts have a relationship link ie: sharing the same household, in this case, married, although you do not share points, you do share levels.  If your wife earns Diamond level, you are also Diamond even if your points aren’t enough.

Can you provide a link for that?  I'm not doubting you, I'm only going off of what I've been told by calling the C&A phone #.  Royal Caribbean "Land Side", I should double check whatever they tell me.  

I know minor children share the level, but I wasn't aware of adult family members (spouses).

7 minutes ago, 1st Mate said:

Can you provide a link for that?  I'm not doubting you, I'm only going off of what I've been told by calling the C&A phone #.  Royal Caribbean "Land Side", I should double check whatever they tell me.  

I know minor children share the level, but I wasn't aware of adult family members (spouses).

BTW, my intent/I don't want to provide misleading information.  So, I'm looking forward to the answser.

35 minutes ago, 1st Mate said:

This is definitely true.  You need to call crown and anchor and have them link the accounts.  Currently DW is diamond like I am with only 17 points earned herself.  It shows 108 on her account as well but that's my number.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/crown-and-anchor-benefits-for-companion

When my wife and I went in Adventure back in September of last year, I had six more points than her, which made me platinum to her gold. 

We went to the loyalty desk and they matched her status to mine.  

It was very easy other than the typical issues we have with the apostrophe in our last name….but that’s a story for a different thread. 

1 hour ago, Blur said:

This is definitely true.  You need to call crown and anchor and have them link the accounts.  Currently DW is diamond like I am with only 17 points earned herself.  It shows 108 on her account as well but that's my number.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/crown-and-anchor-benefits-for-companion

1 hour ago, Blur said:

Good info.  Thanks.  

56 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

I’m on a mission to hit Pinnacle. My husband will enjoy that level if I get there BUT if I predecease him after attaining that goal he will have the level BUT not the points…..he will be Pinnacle but his points will be only what he has earned on his own.  

I was under the impression that pinnacle was the only level each person much achieve on their own.