Suite question and CK

Stelkp

I am going on the oasis in July from New Jersey and my sister and I and my son are in the owner suite with a connecting balcony room and two other kids in there. Does anyone know if the two other kids have the ability to come eat with us at coastal kitchen? They are teenagers. Since only three of us are in a suite only three of us have the perks. Are they that strict with that kind of thing? I understand if they are but I was wondering if anyone had this same situation ever.  

It depends how busy they are.  By policy they don't have to but It never hurts to ask.  

if it's one or two nights that's one thing, expecting it all week is a different matter especially during prime dinner time.  An early or late off peak dining time might yield better luck. 

If they say no understand that is the expected result.  If they say yes be grateful they accommodated your request.

The other factor is the number 5.

There are many tables for two.  There are quite a few tables for four.  There are not as many tables for five/six.  

As a solo I consume a table for two.  When I ask them to allow one other normally ineligible guest it doesn't impact the venue, no other eligible guests is impacted by having someone sit across from me.

Three suite guests would normally use a table for four.  Adding one more guest isn't impactful since a chair would be empty anyways if only three were present.

When you need a table for five it's not a matter of sliding a chair in at the end, you consume one of the larger tables and there aren't a lot of those typically.  That has the potential to impact an eligible family or group.

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

The other factor is the number 5.

There are many tables for two.  There are quite a few tables for four.  There are not as many tables for five/six.  

As a solo I consume a table for two.  When I ask them to allow one other normally ineligible guest it doesn't impact the venue, no other eligible guests is impacted by having someone sit across from me.

Three suite guests would normally use a table for four.  Adding one more guest isn't impactful since a chair would be empty anyways if only three were present..  

When you need a table for five it's not a matter of sliding a chair in at the end, you consume one of the larger tables and there aren't a lot of those typically.  

True. Very good point. We would try off hours maybe twice. I’m not going to be greedy. But now I have a strategy 😄

You could also get with your TA and see how you can move as many people into the suite booking as possible while keeping both bookings.  People can sleep wherever they want once they are on the ship.

Royal should really find a way to accommodate when people are booking adjacent cabins along with suites.  It doesn't make sense for families to have to split for dinner.

24 minutes ago, Pooch said:

No but you could book more than one suite so everyone would have the perks.  This could quickly get out of hand if everyone in a suite wanted to bring non suite guests to CK.

I agree, totally.  The following is a general statement to anyone reading this. 

I don't mean to be an A-hole here.  This question comes up a lot here and in other social media sites.  So, there are a bunch of people trying to do the same thing.  I believe that if you want people to join you in the Suites Only venues, buy them or have them purchase suites.  When I pay over $32k for a cruise, I don't want to go to the CK or anywhere else and be denied entrance because people are taking up space that aren't entitled to it.  Do I feel entitled?  Not in life in general.  But, when I pay 10s of thousands of $$, I feel I'm entitled for what I paid for.  When I purchase cruises that aren't suite class, I don't go to the CK or Suite Deck or the front of the theater and "ASK" if I can use them/enter/whatever because I know someone that is Star Class or for any other reason.

Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings.  But, fair is fair.  Your milage may vary

1 hour ago, 1st Mate said:

I agree, totally.  The following is a general statement to anyone reading this. 

I don't mean to be an A-hole here.  This question comes up a lot here and in other social media sites.  So, there are a bunch of people trying to do the same thing.  I believe that if you want people to join you in the Suites Only venues, buy them or have them purchase suites.  When I pay over $32k for a cruise, I don't want to go to the CK or anywhere else and be denied entrance because people are taking up space that aren't entitled to it.  Do I feel entitled?  Not in life in general.  But, when I pay 10s of thousands of $$, I feel I'm entitled for what I paid for.  When I purchase cruises that aren't suite class, I don't go to the CK or Suite Deck or the front of the theater and "ASK" if I can use them/enter/whatever because I know someone that is Star Class or for any other reason.

Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings.  But, fair is fair.  Your milage may vary

I know I agree completely. Our issue was that there were no suites at that time that accommodated 5 people because there were no two bedrooms left. Junior suites don’t count.  But…..The 2 bedroom grand suite and the aqua 2 bedroom became available today so now I have options 😄😄

When we were on Allure s new cruise friend onboard with her good friend - that friend of hers died during the cruise. They had a balcony and she was left alone the rest on the cruise. We asked if she could have dinner with us one night, just in case they might say yes, but there was a hard “no” (which we understood, if everyone did that there would be issues).  The concierge said something to the effect that the Pins would have a “fit.”  But truly, it wouldn’t be fair to accommodate one person and not accommodate everyone.

P.S. We instead ate with her in the MDR several times and talked to others from our small roll call to help get her “company” during the week.