Bermuda

Requirements for Bermuda you have to fill out the application like 30 days before you sail and pay 40.00 then it says:

Your application will be stored until the departure date listed on your application. Four days before your scheduled arrival to Bermuda, you will receive a reminder email to upload your pre-travel negative test result to complete your Travel Authorization application. 

How can you do that if you don't have the internet plan while on the ship has anyone been to Bermuda lately.

Royal has the ability to make any website on the internet available for free without a paid Voom plan.  For example royalcaribbean.com and celebritycruises.com are free websites that don't require a paid Voom plan to use while on board.  

My guess is that if there is a requirement to upload test results or complete the application on the Bermuda website that Royal will make that site available on board so you can do so.  

45 minutes ago, greenline627 said:

Requirements for Bermuda you have to fill out the application like 30 days before you sail and pay 40.00 then it says:

Your application will be stored until the departure date listed on your application. Four days before your scheduled arrival to Bermuda, you will receive a reminder email to upload your pre-travel negative test result to complete your Travel Authorization application. 

How can you do that if you don't have the internet plan while on the ship has anyone been to Bermuda lately.

I have not traveled to Bermuda post-pandemic.  So, I can't answer this directly.  But, what you quoted/copied and pasted leads me to believe that the 4 day part is just a reminder that you should have already updated your pre-travel negative results.  So, I BELIEVE, that as long as you update somewhere between 30 days and 4 days, you are good.  But, as usual, I could be very wrong.  But, to be sure, I'd call this number to their Tourism Agency:  

8 minutes ago, 1st Mate said:

I have not traveled to Bermuda post-pandemic.  So, I can't answer this directly.  But, what you quoted/copied and pasted leads me to believe that the 4 day part is just a reminder that you should have already updated your pre-travel negative results.  So, I BELIEVE, that as long as you update somewhere between 30 days and 4 days, you are good.  But, as usual, I could be very wrong.  But, to be sure, I'd call this number to their Tourism Agency:  

I do understand that you can't do the pre-test until 2 days before you cruise, however.  That's a question for them, is part of the application update the results of the pre-cruise test or how do you meet that requirement prior to cruising.  Pre-cruise testing requires a good, stable internet connection.  Voom is good but not totally stable.  

Can you show the pre-test at the dock?  Whatever.

My reading of the website is that you need to take a test within 4 days of embarkation and upload that test to the website for the Travel Authorisation.  This would be the only test to upload if Bermuda is the first port of call for the ship and it arrives within 4 days of embarkation.  Since you need a test to board the cruise ship within 2 days of embarkation my take is that you could upload this test to the website to satisfy the requirement and this could be done while on land prior to embarkation. 

You would only need to upload a test after embarkation if Bermuda is not your first port of call or if the ship arrives more than 4 days after embarkation.  In that case you would need to upload a 2nd test.

That's my take on what the website says to do as we are looking at taking a cruise to Bermuda as well .  Others may have a different take on the instructions.

image.png

The Bermuda Travel Authorization has to be completed or you will not be allowed to board the ship. If your ship is sailing to Bermuda, you must show your approved Bermuda Travel Authorization on embarkation day before you are allowed to board.

You can start your application up to 30 days out from your cruise. You must pay the $40 when you first apply (non-refundable) to the government of Bermuda. Your application includes Passport info, Vaccine card image, and negative test. You can enter all of this information 30 days out... except for the negative test results.

I plan to complete my application by uploading my negative test results before I get on the ship (on May 5). I will use the same test results that Royal requires me to bring with me on embarkation day. 

You will not need Voom, since you can't board the ship without having completed your application.

22 minutes ago, Matt V said:

All this testing stuff, forms, fees, red tape has me so stressed out that it's impossible to enjoy the trip. 

New Zealand required a travel authorization when I went there in 2020.  It was new at the time and it was confusing because it was new but in the end it was a good use of money for an amazing cruise.  

I am working through the testing for Canada based cruises next month.  Once I dug into it wasn't as difficult as Canada appeared to make it.   I'll be going to Bermuda later this year.  I'll figure it out based on whatever the protocols are in several months time.  

I was on a cruise during the early phases of Omicron when the world was freaking out.  I received a call mid-cruise that required I fly home to another country from the Caribbean, from an island that didn't allow any visitors off to self-explore, only cruise ship booked excursions.  The red tape and testing to be allowed to debark the ship and transit to the airport was unbelievable.  It was a solid 24 hours of research and applying for VISAs and travel authorizations and health approvals for three different countries, plus different travel apps for different airlines and other countries.  It makes what Bermuda is asking for look like child's play.

If you break it down into smaller components and solve those individually the greater process will fall into place.  

20 hours ago, Poolside said:

The Bermuda Travel Authorization has to be completed or you will not be allowed to board the ship. If your ship is sailing to Bermuda, you must show your approved Bermuda Travel Authorization on embarkation day before you are allowed to board.

You can start your application up to 30 days out from your cruise. You must pay the $40 when you first apply (non-refundable) to the government of Bermuda. Your application includes Passport info, Vaccine card image, and negative test. You can enter all of this information 30 days out... except for the negative test results.

I plan to complete my application by uploading my negative test results before I get on the ship (on May 5). I will use the same test results that Royal requires me to bring with me on embarkation day. 

You will not need Voom, since you can't board the ship without having completed your application.

That applies if Bermuda is your first port of call, correct?

My Wife and I are taking our first ever cruise in September and we picked one that goes to the Bahamas. We don’t have passports ( because we have never traveled out of the country before) and we were just going to use our Birth Certificates and IDs.
 My question is: Do you have to have a Passport to fill out the Bahamas paperwork to visit the islands? 

10 minutes ago, SewerUrchin43 said:

My Wife and I are taking our first ever cruise in September and we picked one that goes to the Bahamas. We don’t have passports ( because we have never traveled out of the country before) and we were just going to use our Birth Certificates and IDs.
 My question is: Do you have to have a Passport to fill out the Bahamas paperwork to visit the islands? 

As of our last trip we did not have to fill out any paperwork for Bahamas.  You do not need a passport on closed loop cruises although it is HIGHLY recommended to get one in the event of an emergency.

12 minutes ago, Colombia20102018 said:

This changed as of March 7th 2022. Now all passengers need to request a travel application, meet some testing and vaccination requirements and pay a fee days before embarkation.

That is for Bermuda.  While I know this thread was originally focused on Bermuda, I was responding to his question about the Bahamas.  No travel application is needed for the Bahamas for any cruise originating from outside of the Bahamas.

5 hours ago, FF86 said:

That is for Bermuda.  While I know this thread was originally focused on Bermuda, I was responding to his question about the Bahamas.  No travel application is needed for the Bahamas for any cruise originating from outside of the Bahamas.

Ok. If the cruise is not going to Bermuda after the Bahamas then no need to do anything else. 

I just realized my birth certificate is missing and we cruise to the Bahamas next Friday 4/29, cannot get a replacement certificate for 10-12 weeks. It’s my understanding RCCL requires a birth certificate or passport and will not just accept the EDL driver’s license? 
Tried to call RCCL today but the wait was 2 hours. Any help appreciated 😊

Newbie here and to cruising, first one in July.

Stumbled upon this board from google search on another topic.

This is the first I have seen/heard of any requirement for Bermuda, all I was told was a test was required to board in the states.

Can anyone confirm the COMPLETE testing process/procedure for me in order to board, sail, site see/excursions

TIA

3 hours ago, dmband said:

Newbie here and to cruising, first one in July.

Stumbled upon this board from google search on another topic.

This is the first I have seen/heard of any requirement for Bermuda, all I was told was a test was required to board in the states.

Can anyone confirm the COMPLETE testing process/procedure for me in order to board, sail, site see/excursions

TIA

You need to fill out an application it should show up like 30 days out from your cruise for members of your party cost 40.00 each. web site

https://www.gov.bm/applying-bermuda-travel-authorisation

My soulmate and I would be very interested in hearing from anyone on a cruise to Bermuda on exactly how this plays out (RCL or other lines).  A few of the first cruises we can find seem to be:

1. APR 30: RCL ... Enchantment from Baltimore (1st stop Bermuda)
  2. MAY 04: X ....... Summit from Cape Liberty (1st stop Bermuda)
  3. MAY 13: X ........ Summit from Cape Liberty (2nd stop Bermuda)

We are cruising to Bermuda in JUN and the day we will arrive is DAY 07!  Getting any test without cruise line "help" seems difficult.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Curt from Canada

23 hours ago, Curt From Canada said:

My soulmate and I would be very interested in hearing from anyone on a cruise to Bermuda on exactly how this plays out (RCL or other lines).  A few of the first cruises we can find seem to be:

1. APR 30: RCL ... Enchantment from Baltimore (1st stop Bermuda)
  2. MAY 04: X ....... Summit from Cape Liberty (1st stop Bermuda)
  3. MAY 13: X ........ Summit from Cape Liberty (2nd stop Bermuda)

We are cruising to Bermuda in JUN and the day we will arrive is DAY 07!  Getting any test without cruise line "help" seems difficult.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Curt from Canada

from what i noticed on a different cruise line, when Bermuda is during the middle of the cruise the cruise ship will do covid testing onboard the ship. They will usually tell you to go to xyz lounge or dinning room on a specific date for testing. then they will the forward the results to the Bermuda government.

you still need to precruise covid test as part of the Bermuda travel authorization process

On 4/21/2022 at 6:30 AM, shof515 said:

from what i noticed on a different cruise line, when Bermuda is during the middle of the cruise the cruise ship will do covid testing onboard the ship. They will usually tell you to go to xyz lounge or dinning room on a specific date for testing. then they will the forward the results to the Bermuda government.

you still need to precruise covid test as part of the Bermuda travel authorization process

Thanks ... that is what we are hoping.  There is a MAY 13 Celebrity Cruise that looks very much like ours.  Hopefully, we will get some feedback based on that cruise.

Curt from Canada

On 4/17/2022 at 3:36 PM, Poolside said:

I am filling out the Bermuda Travel Authorization right now and am wondering if it is possible to do what @Poolside is thinking - use one test & result for both RCCL at the Pier and this BTA form.  For Royal I have to get my test no earlier than 2 days before embarkation.  Since CVS only has PCR tests now, I will not get my results until the night before my cruise.  And the BTA form clearly says that my pre-arrival test result can be uploaded "up to 1 day before departure" which I guess departure day means embarkation day.  Has anyone done this?  HELP!!!

image.png.dcf45cd9cd3b90bc6765b6ce52a35b6d.png

I filled out my application weeks ago...as soon as it opened for my cruise...and paid the non-refundable non-Amex $40 fee. I will get my usual pre-cruise Antigen test two days before the cruise. I'll upload a copy of the negative (hopefully) result to Bermuda Health. As I understand it, they will then email me my approval form which I will print out and bring with me to the pier...along with the usual copy of the negative test. 

So, just another form to produce;

Boarding Pass...Passport...Vaccine Card...Negative Test Result...Approved Bermuda Health Form.

On 4/25/2022 at 11:52 AM, Curt From Canada said:

Thanks ... that is what we are hoping.  There is a MAY 13 Celebrity Cruise that looks very much like ours.  Hopefully, we will get some feedback based on that cruise.

Curt from Canada

We are on the same cruise. I just saw this thread and Celebrity has not informed us of the travel authorization.  Now filling it out.

21 minutes ago, BrianB said:

I filled out my application weeks ago...as soon as it opened for my cruise...and paid the non-refundable non-Amex $40 fee. I will get my usual pre-cruise Antigen test two days before the cruise. I'll upload a copy of the negative (hopefully) result to Bermuda Health. As I understand it, they will then email me my approval form which I will print out and bring with me to the pier...along with the usual copy of the negative test. 

Boarding Pass...Passport...Vaccine Card...Negative Test Result...Approved Bermuda Health Form.

Let me know how it goes we are Going June 4th

11 minutes ago, greenline627 said:

I filled out the first part of the information have to wait till we get out covid test two days before. After I upload that information how will RCL know I did that when we check in at the terminal?

This thread is critical for anyone going to Bermuda.  The question above is a good one, and there are even more questions that RCL can not answer.  My favourite one is:

If Bermuda needs a Negative COVID test 2 days before entry AND the traveller is at sea on those days AND Bermuda is the second port of call, will RCL provide testing on board? TA has checked and gets a lot of conflicting information and nothing in writing.  The best information will be from travellers on these sailings:

X SUMMIT (MAY13)

X SUMMIT (MAY 23)

Any information on "real life" experience would be greatly appreciated.

Curt from Canada

1 hour ago, BrianB said:

Nice, looks like you have found all your ducks and you now have them lined up in a row!

Found this on RCCL frequently asked questions and it should answer our concerns:

Are there any additional requirements to cruise to Bermuda?

All travelers age 2 and older, or their legal guardians, must apply for a Bermuda Travel Authorization to enter the country regardless of whether they plan to go ashore in the port. It must be presented at the pier when checking in. Applications can be purchased for $40, a month before travel here. You will not see your ship/sailings listed on this page until a month before your sail date. Children age 2 and under do not need to apply for the Travel Authorization.  

We recommend guests apply for their Bermuda Travel Authorization as soon as it becomes available a month in advance of your departure date. 

Note that the local government does not recognize Novovax or Covaxin as approved vaccines. If you are on a cruise that stops in Bermuda, and your vaccination series consists of either, you will not be permitted to go ashore in Bermuda. If you are booked on a cruise that exclusively visits Bermuda, you will be denied boarding. 

Additional Testing: Unvaccinated Kids Age 2 – 11

Unvaccinated kids age 2-11 will take a complimentary antigen test within 24 hours of disembarking in the U.S. Details on how to register for this test will be provided onboard.

Additional Testing: May 28th Mariner of the Seas Sailing

Guests on the May 28th sailing from Port Canaveral on Mariner of the Seas, will require additional testing to go ashore per the Bermudian government. All guests age 2 and up, regardless of vaccination status, will take a complimentary test onboard 48 hours before arriving in Bermuda. Details on how to register for this test will be provided onboard.

1 hour ago, Shari said:

We are on the same cruise. I just saw this thread and Celebrity has not informed us of the travel authorization.  Now filling it out.

Shari ... you are the "Canary in the Coal Mine".  Your cruise only ends up in Bermuda on DAY 07.  Everything I have heard indicates that you will get a test on board (within the Bermuda Travel Authorization [BTA] guidelines for days in advance of landing in Bermuda).  However, no one has put this is in writing.  Therefore, you may be one of the first ones.  We filled out our BTA for a JUN cruise already, but my sense is they are handling them on "days to landing" basis and you will be at the top of the pile.

If you have a travel agent, you may want to call them.  I am certain the cruise lines will figure this out, but it is new to Celebrity and Royal.

I am not concerned ... just confused.  None of this has stopped my soulmate and I from dusting off my tux and her best dresses.  More importantly, our dance shoes are all warmed up and ready to Foxtrot, Swing and Rumba.

Can't wait!

Curt from Canada

3 hours ago, YOLO said:

Yesterday I was able to click on the link in the "ACTION REQUIRED" email sent to us last Saturday for our cruise tomorrow.  It was then simple to upload our Covid test results.  Worry free.  Now just waiting for an email back on the status of our Bermuda Travel Authorizations...

Given that I am getting on a Bermuda cruise in JUN, I would be very grateful if you update how this went.

Thank you,

Curt from Canada