Checking in

This post is long.  I am getting anxious. Please forgive me!

Check in day for our June cruise is April 19th. I haven't cruise since 2019, so my memory of the check in process has faded. The one thing I do know is that I want to secure an early boarding time. I plan to at least initially check in as early as possible. There are four of us and we are in the same cabin and on the same reservation, of course. On check in day, my daughter will be out of town.  My mom is in our party and does not live with us. My 24 year old son is not fully vaccinated yet (his problem 😉 - we may have more space than originally planned).

So, will this plan work. . .

A. At 12:01 Eastern on April 19, I check in on the app. I enter my information (passport, photo, and vaccine card) for only myself. I enter basic information for the others (address, DOB,)????? Then, I enter a cc for onboard expenses.

B. Later that day, each person can edit the check in with their information. My Mom, daughter, and I are up to date with vaccines and boosters, so we are good to go.  My son could enter his passport and take a photo.  When his vaccine process is complete, he can edit the check in again to update it.

. . . . . 

Secondly, my Mom and daughter are very excited and eager to check in. Clearly my son is a procrastinator. He may not even feel the need to enter his information on April 19. Will this be a problem if he enters his information later.

. . . . . . 

Finally, is Mom able to enter her own credit card for her onboard expenses or do all expenses have to be on the same card.

Thank you for your help!!

18 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Check-in will open at midnight in whatever time zone from which your cruise is departing (so EDT in Florida, PDT in LA or Seattle/Vancouver, etc).

Yes, I was up at 2am my time to secure an early boarding time for my Alaskan cruise. 🙂

Thank you for this information! 

12 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Check-in will open at midnight in whatever time zone from which your cruise is departing (so EDT in Florida, PDT in LA or Seattle/Vancouver, etc).

Yes, I was up at 2am my time to secure an early boarding time for my Alaskan cruise. 🙂

SpeedNoodles, you always have the best tips!!! I wouldn’t even think to consider that I could access my check in at 9pm because I’m on the west coast!!! Ha! Perfect!!!

11 minutes ago, Lynnea said:

SpeedNoodles, you always have the best tips!!! I wouldn’t even think to consider that I could access my check in at 9pm because I’m on the west coast!!! Ha! Perfect!!!

Awww, thanks.  I'd love to take credit, but I've learned all of these things over the years from Matt and the whole gang 🙂