Mytime dining

sunset1031

45 minutes ago, sunset1031 said:

We are a party of 8 and scheduled the same time (6:30pm) each night at My time dining. will we sit at the same table and have the same wait person every night?

I've read that if you go and talk to the maitre d' real nice (slip him/her a few bucks under the table) he/she can arrange to do just that.  

More confusion about MTD.   

I have My Time Dining, and as I book my cruises,  the agent at Royal asks me what time we wish to dine.  It remains the same time throughout the cruise, with the same servers, at the same table, and with the same folks that were originally assigned to share our table.

In addition, if for any reason I need to change my scheduled time, for example to attend a show, they are immediately accommodating.

3 hours ago, sunset1031 said:

We are a party of 8 and scheduled the same time (6:30pm) each night at My time dining. will we sit at the same table and have the same wait person every night?

The default is that they will seat you at the first available location.  I would recommend going to the dining room on the first day and make your request before dinner.

You can schedule MTD in the cruise planner prior to boarding.  I always do and mostly the same time each night.  We have never failed to get the same table/waitstaff each night.  I have never specifically asked for it nor did I have to slip the maitre’d anything under the table.

We are a party of two and currently booked  as my time dining on freedom of the seas. We are considering changing it to any time dining. With any time dining, should and can we make a reservation when we decide on a time?

Can we change our dining status once we board the ship?

31 minutes ago, Aron_Ross said:

We are a party of two and currently booked  as my time dining on freedom of the seas. We are considering changing it to any time dining. With any time dining, should and can we make a reservation when we decide on a time?

Can we change our dining status once we board the ship?

Anytime is a term used on other cruise lines.  That is their equivalent of My Time dining on Royal.  Were you talking about changing to traditional dining?  That's where dinner is always early or late, 5pm or 8pm, or thereabouts.  

My time allows you dine at different times each night and on Royal you can make reservations, or just show up and wait like going to an Applebees on land.

To switch from My Time to fixed/traditional dining or vice versa you can inquire if there availability on board.  Sometimes it's full and the answer is no.  It's also a one time switch, you can't go back and forth each night.  

16 hours ago, twangster said:

Anytime is a term used on other cruise lines.  That is their equivalent of My Time dining on Royal.  Were you talking about changing to traditional dining?  

Ahhh okay now I understand my confusion. I am new to Royal and didn’t realize anytime was only used with other cruise lines I’ve taken.

When I look up my info on the app or on the Royal website, it says my time dining and it gives a time between roughly 6:45 PM and I think 8 PM. I thought that was a designated time, thus being fixed dining.  So does that mean we have to stick to that window? We can’t dine before or after that time?

31 minutes ago, Aron_Ross said:

gives a time between roughly 6:45 PM and I think 8 PM

As I understand it, they were being very strict due to the pandemic protocols as a way to keep vaccinated and non-vaccinated at separate dining times/dining rooms. I will say, on my last cruise, we were on mytime and scheduled the times for each night in the app prior to the cruise. I was very thankful we did, because the line for "reservations" on the mytime was short and we got straight in every night. The line for those just showing up was around the corner and down the passageway, so I'm assuming 45 minutes to an hour wait, in some cases.

With the recent announcements lifting mask mandates, maybe they'll change this up a bit and make it more flexible, but I'm not speaking from a place of knowledge at all.

58 minutes ago, Aron_Ross said:

Ahhh okay now I understand my confusion. I am new to Royal and didn’t realize anytime was only used with other cruise lines I’ve taken.

When I look up my info on the app or on the Royal website, it says my time dining and it gives a time between roughly 6:45 PM and I think 8 PM. I thought that was a designated time, thus being fixed dining.  So does that mean we have to stick to that window? We can’t dine before or after that time?

Prior to the pandemic My Time started earlier.  During the restart Royal elected to delay My Time dining to offer larger 'early' traditional dining seating.  

Hopefully Royal will revert and begin offering earlier My Time dining once again.  

I have an upcoming cruise and I would like to know how do I pre book my dining for the main dining room?

Do I just do it through the app? Can I do it before I board the ship or can I only do it when I board the ship?

any guidance or advice on this topic, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Time. 

On 4/20/2022 at 1:26 PM, twangster said:

Prior to the pandemic My Time started earlier.  During the restart Royal elected to delay My Time dining to offer larger 'early' traditional dining seating.  

Hopefully Royal will revert and begin offering earlier My Time dining once again. 

On my last cruise, a couple of weeks ago, I switched to Traditional because of the late start to My Time.  But when walking out after a 45 minute dinner, on multiple occasions i noticed couples waiting at the entrance, so I stopped 2 different nights and spoke to 2 different hosts and both told me they were starting to seat My Time dinners right after the 15 minute delay that they wait on Traditional seating to show up. 

Of course we all know every ship does things a little differently.   But the hope is that by my Oct cruise when I'm not in CK, My Time will be closer to normal again.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 8:11 PM, sunset1031 said:

With the exception of our first cruise, we have only ever done My Time Dining and every single time we had the same table and server no matter what time we chose for dinner.  I honestly think they try their best to seat you at least in the same server area if possible, but that is really just my opinion about that.

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2022 at 10:36 PM, Lizzie2024 said:

Question: On Ovation OTS is My Time Dining restricted to one of the three dining venues or can we select our venue in MDR

No, MTD is only offered in one dining room. Really not any appreciable difference between them.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Poleman88 said:

Similar question: We are a group of 8 booked for Allure in October. I've linked the reservations of all couples and we all have selected My Time Dining for 7:00 PM each night, how can I ensure that we all get seated together?

You can link booking numbers when making My Time Dining Reservations on the Cruise Planner. I have done this myself with our group.