Kids in their own room

Hi all,

I’m new to RC, but we have been on two Carnival cruises. So a newbie here 🙂. I did an online booking for our cruise on the Mariner, for June 5th and booked two rooms that are right next to each other but not connecting. The plan is to have our 16 yo and 20 year old kids in one room and DH and I in the other. I booked a room with me and the 16 yo and my DH and the 20yo in the other because that’s the only way Carnival let you do it when booking so I figured RC would have the same rules. I’ve seen others talk about booking rooms for just their kids and I’m wondering if I made a mistake.  My question is, did I need to book it that way on RC? Could I switch the booking so that my girls are booked in one room and adults in the other? It would be easier to not have to wait in line at guest services for spare keys. Thanks so much for any help. 

7 minutes ago, DDaley said:

What you did was exactly right! Guest Services shouldnt be too bad if you go right upon boarding and don't wait till late afternoon or early evening when the line will be longest. Your 20 year old can be the adult next time, RC says to stay alone in a room you have to be 21! 

Thanks DDaley. Glad all is good and that will be nice when my oldest turns 21. 🙂