Haiti?

Nancy V

Going on my first Royal Caribbean cruise on April 30th. A couple months ago they took Haiti and La Ramona out of our itinerary and replaced it with Bonaire. So we lost 2 but replaced with 1. We were quiet disappointed in the loss of Haiti as we had the best excursions for there but assumed it was because of the unrest there. Well found out today a friend who is currently on a RC cruise in is Haiti. We called RC and they had no answers for us as to why they took it off our itinerary, just said they have the right to change itinerary. No offer of any kind of refund or on board expenses. Just said they were sorry. Anyone else dealing with this?

30 minutes ago, Nancy V said:

replaced it with Bonaire

I like to think you are lucky. Not that many cruisers get to go there. Bonaire is beautiful and a unique place. Very different from most of the Caribbean islands. They preserve nature. Very little construction outside the port. They have thousands of flamingos, salt mines with pink waters, great beaches. Less than 300 feet to the left of the pier there is a place to take the submarine tour to watch the coral for a really cheap price. There are all kind of tours being offered to go around the island by the pier if you feel comfortable with third party excursions. Have a great time. 

20 minutes ago, Colombia20102018 said:

I like to think you are lucky. Not that many cruisers get to go there. Bonaire is beautiful and a unique place. Very different from most of the Caribbean islands. They preserve nature. Very little construction outside the port. They have thousands of flamingos, salt mines with pink waters, great beaches. Less than 300 feet to the left of the pier there is a place to take the submarine tour to watch the coral for a really cheap price. There are all kind of tours being offered to go around the island by the pier if you feel comfortable with third party excursions. Have a great time. 

I totally agree.  Bonaire is a much better port of call.

We just had a stop in Haiti on our cruise. Unfortunately, they weren't offering any excursions except those that were in Labadee (nothing to tour the island outside of the area). I was disappointed because we didn't have any options for Haitian food 😞 I would say enjoy the trip and hopefully when you DO get to go again, you have more options!

• 3 weeks later...

We are due to visit Haiti and La Romana on our cruise departing 25 June but on checking a bit of info I can see our ship 'Explorer' is booked into the Grand Cayman Islands when we are due to be in Haiti but haven't received any itinerary change just yet.  No excursions for La Romana yet which makes me wonder if they will change ?