Royal Up vs Upgrade

The cost of an upgrade is pretty easy.  Go through the booking process for a JS on your cruise and see what it costs then subtract the cost of your current trip.  You would be repricing under the current promotions so you would be forfeiting any OBC from your original booking (if applicable).  Min bid will vary by sailing and there's no guarantee a min bid would win.

It depends on the price you are paying for your original cabin and the type of cabin you have booked and possibly other considerations that are not in the public domain.

Sometimes, the cost of a confirmed upgrade to a JS will actually be cheaper than the minimum bid to Royal Up and sometimes it will be much more expensive. You will have no way of knowing the values involved until the Royal Up emails go out for your particular sailing.

If it was me, if you want the JS bid on it now.  

I have multiple bids currently for my 4/30 cruise on Symphony. If I don't win one I am okay and happy, because....I am in a JS on the hump mid sh  and the deck I chose. If I win a GS on another deck great, if not fine.  

Royal up you have to accept wherever they give you.  Don't like being AFT than its better to rebook now for the cabin and deck level you want. 

As far as bidding, only you know how far you're willing to go.  

11 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

If you really want an upgrade, just upgrade it yourself.  RoyalUp bid wins, while nice, are pretty rare as capacity increases.  Especially for suites.

Thank you. I know that by the time of our cruise the capacity will be close to 100%. Time for some research and price checking. 

If you can be happy with your current cabin, it may be worth waiting to check prices after final payment.  They may go down if there is inventory left.  Otherwise, if you want a better cabin and are willing to pay the difference, it’s always better to grab it, imo. Then keep watching in case prices do go down and you can grab the savings.