Questions for my Upcoming Freedom and Harmony Sailings

Hi all, my girlfriend and I will be sailing with Royal for the first time twice this year.  Here are some questions I have...

If I have already made a final payment for my cruise through my travel agent and the price for the cruise has dropped by let’s say $50 to $100, can I ask about getting some onboard credit for that sailing?

Our Freedom of the Seas sailing in 20 days is offering Taste of Royal Lunch.  When looking at the sample menu, why does is list sample dishes from restaurants that don’t exist on that ship?  For example: Hooked, Wonderland and 150 Central Park.

I have $100 onboard credit towards a Harmony of the Seas sailing for Nov 12th 2022.  I’m interested in booking a dining package.  Does Royal make you use your onboard credit towards the package?

When I select “plan my cruise” on the Royal website for the Harmony sailing, it is offering discounts towards Chops Grille.  I notice the starting price is $64.99 and the 15 percent off comes to $54.99.  This sounds like price gouging to me.  I thought the price for Chops was somewhere between $40 to $50?   

Can my girlfriend and I request we sit at a table for 2 in the main dining room?  We have my time dining by the way.

Lastly, we booked the Harmony sailing through Royal and not an agent.  Since then it seems like the prices are going up.  Should I even bother requesting a quote from an agent at this point? 

THANKS!

1 hour ago, Aron_Ross said:

Hi all, my girlfriend and I will be sailing with Royal for the first time twice this year.  Here are some questions I have...

If I have already made a final payment for my cruise through my travel agent and the price for the cruise has dropped by let’s say $50 to $100, can I ask about getting some onboard credit for that sailing?  Yes you can keep checking prices until 48 hours before your cruise begins.

Our Freedom of the Seas sailing in 20 days is offering Taste of Royal Lunch.  When looking at the sample menu, why does is list sample dishes from restaurants that don’t exist on that ship?  For example: Hooked, Wonderland and 150 Central Park.  I am not a fan of the taste of Royal so you’ll have to get an answer from someone else.

I have $100 onboard credit towards a Harmony of the Seas sailing for Nov 12th 2022.  I’m interested in booking a dining package.  Does Royal make you use your onboard credit towards the package?  No you can decide if you want to use it and when.

When I select “plan my cruise” on the Royal website for the Harmony sailing, it is offering discounts towards Chops Grille.  I notice the starting price is $64.99 and the 15 percent off comes to $54.99.  This sounds like price gouging to me.  I thought the price for Chops was somewhere between $40 to $50?    Different ships offer different prices.

Can my girlfriend and I request we sit at a table for 2 in the main dining room?  We have my time dining by the way.  Yes you can  request a table for 2 but if there are none available you may have to sit with other passengers.

Lastly, we booked the Harmony sailing through Royal and not an agent.  Since then it seems like the prices are going up.  Should I even bother requesting a quote from an agent at this point?   I believe you only have 30 days to transfer a booking to a TA.

THANKS!

11 hours ago, Aron_Ross said:

If I have already made a final payment for my cruise through my travel agent and the price for the cruise has dropped by let’s say $50 to $100, can I ask about getting some onboard credit for that sailing?

Normally, you cannot reprice a cruise after final payment.  Cruise with Confidence changes that somewhat, but it is very complicated vs the normal method.

Our Freedom of the Seas sailing in 20 days is offering Taste of Royal Lunch.  When looking at the sample menu, why does is list sample dishes from restaurants that don’t exist on that ship?  For example: Hooked, Wonderland and 150 Central Park.

They will have al the proper ingredients to make the dishes as if the ship had the restaurant.

I have $100 onboard credit towards a Harmony of the Seas sailing for Nov 12th 2022.  I’m interested in booking a dining package.  Does Royal make you use your onboard credit towards the package?

If you have a credit in your cruise planner - it will try to auto apply it to your total. I believe you can remove it, but I'm not sure why you would want to - it all goes to the same place.

When I select “plan my cruise” on the Royal website for the Harmony sailing, it is offering discounts towards Chops Grille.  I notice the starting price is $64.99 and the 15 percent off comes to $54.99.  This sounds like price gouging to me.  I thought the price for Chops was somewhere between $40 to $50?   

Bookings in the specialty restaurants are up and prices will always reflect demand.  My suggestion is always to book at a price you are comfortable with, and watch for decreases.

Can my girlfriend and I request we sit at a table for 2 in the main dining room?  We have my time dining by the way.

Yes - They have many tables for 2 available in MTD.  You don't need to request it - they will just seat you that way.

Lastly, we booked the Harmony sailing through Royal and not an agent.  Since then it seems like the prices are going up.  Should I even bother requesting a quote from an agent at this point? 

You only have a limited time to transfer your cruise booking to an agent.  If your booking is refundable, you could always cancel and rebook with an agent - otherwise, you would be out your deposit.

11 hours ago, wordell1 said:

They will have al the proper ingredients to make the dishes as if the ship had the restaurant.

Wow that's interesting, thought they would only go with what is on the current ship.

If you have a credit in your cruise planner - it will try to auto apply it to your total. I believe you can remove it, but I'm not sure why you would want to - it all goes to the same place.

I see what you are saying. My thinking is, I just might book a 3 night dining package then possibly cancel and rebook if the price changes, or just cancel entirely.  I just wouldn't want my $100 onboard credit affected if I cancel/rebook.

On 4/15/2022 at 8:58 PM, Aron_Ross said:

I see what you are saying. My thinking is, I just might book a 3 night dining package then possibly cancel and rebook if the price changes, or just cancel entirely.  I just wouldn't want my $100 onboard credit affected if I cancel/rebook.

If you cancel a purchase made with OBC, the OBC will return to your account for immediate reuse while the credit card refund can take 7-10 business days. 

7 minutes ago, Aron_Ross said:

Question regarding the main dining room…

I notice you can add on a filet mignon from Chops for an additional $20.  Is that my only option? I’m not able to order a ribeye or anything else off of the Chops menu?

Usually just the filet, their signature cut.  I don't think the goal is to make the full complement of Chops cuts available in the MDR, it's simply to offer an upgrade opportunity.  Some people have expressed shock that there is anything on the MDR menu that has an additional cost.  If they listed a handful of items or more some people would be very upset at the upsell opportunity.

On 4/14/2022 at 8:52 PM, Aron_Ross said:

THANKS!

As far a requesting a table for 2, go to the MDR as soon as you get on the ship on embarkation day and ask the Mairtre d' nicely with a $20.00 bill in your hand.