What’s on the health questionnaire?

My son recovered from the flu in the last couple days (tested positive for flu, and had many negative COVID tests), and we have a cruise that sails on Monday. I’m wondering what questions are on the health questionnaire that we’ll have to complete on Sunday? Not sure if those questions might trip us up since he did have flu symptoms not too long ago.

Thanks for all the information that you all provide here! It has been invaluable in my planning.

Well… I guess after seeing your answers I’m realizing that I might have asked the wrong question. My bigger concern is probably what they might ask us in person at the cruise terminal. I wouldn’t ever want to tell my kid to be anything less than truthful (or have him catch me being untruthful). So if they don’t really ask about symptoms, or if they only ask about symptoms for the last 48 hours, then we should be ok. But if they’re going to ask about symptoms for the last week or two, then we’re in in trouble and maybe I should cancel. 😳

6 minutes ago, TinyDancer said:

Well… I guess after seeing your answers I’m realizing that I might have asked the wrong question. My bigger concern is probably what they might ask us in person at the cruise terminal. I wouldn’t ever want to tell my kid to be anything less than truthful (or have him catch me being untruthful). So if they don’t really ask about symptoms, or if they only ask about symptoms for the last 48 hours, then we should be ok. But if they’re going to ask about symptoms for the last week or two, then we’re in in trouble and maybe I should cancel. 😳

If you answer "no" to all the questions, they won't ask you anything at the terminal.  Unless your son is obviously not well, you won't have any issues

19 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

They don't check temperature.

Well, that's good news.  But, I got an email, yesterday, from our Genie and this is what he has told us:

My name is Rahul and I am reaching out to you on behalf of my colleague Dexter Fraser, who will have the honor & pleasure of serving you as your Royal Genie on your upcoming sailing again …….we can’t wait to welcome you back to your Star Class Grand Loft Suite onboard Ovation of the seas on the 13th May, 2022. I hope you’re ready for a wonderful cruise vacation 

We're delighted you’ll be joining us as we get back to our home at sea. Your health & safety are our top priority, so as we begin to set sail, we have new health protocols that are part of our healthy return to service. Please visit https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise for more information on the preventive measures that we will be taking onboard to ensure you have a safe and healthy experience with us. 

• At embarkation, a mask will need to be worn from the moment you arrive to the cruise terminal through the moment you board the ship.  
  • Once onboard, masks are optional for our vaccinated guests and expected for our unvaccinated guests 2-12 years old.  
  • Guests will also undergo a health screening as part of the boarding process to identify any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (or other infectious diseases) – which includes having your temperature taken via a contactless device.  

1 hour ago, jay1021 said:

Well, that's good news.  But, I got an email, yesterday, from our Genie and this is what he has told us:

My name is Rahul and I am reaching out to you on behalf of my colleague Dexter Fraser, who will have the honor & pleasure of serving you as your Royal Genie on your upcoming sailing again …….we can’t wait to welcome you back to your Star Class Grand Loft Suite onboard Ovation of the seas on the 13th May, 2022. I hope you’re ready for a wonderful cruise vacation 

We're delighted you’ll be joining us as we get back to our home at sea. Your health & safety are our top priority, so as we begin to set sail, we have new health protocols that are part of our healthy return to service. Please visit https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise for more information on the preventive measures that we will be taking onboard to ensure you have a safe and healthy experience with us. 

• At embarkation, a mask will need to be worn from the moment you arrive to the cruise terminal through the moment you board the ship.  
  • Once onboard, masks are optional for our vaccinated guests and expected for our unvaccinated guests 2-12 years old.  
  • Guests will also undergo a health screening as part of the boarding process to identify any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (or other infectious diseases) – which includes having your temperature taken via a contactless device.  

Just to cover the bases, we're going to take Tylenol just before arriving at the Terminal.   

1 hour ago, jay1021 said:

Interesting, 5 cruises since last fall, and have not had my temperature taken one time.

28 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Interesting, 5 cruises since last fall, and have not had my temperature taken one time.

I don't doubt it or you one bit. 

But, fruit for thought, they may be taking your temperature without you evening knowing about it.  It can be done with a special cameras type device and you'd never know it.  

Just say'in.

On 4/14/2022 at 6:58 PM, 1st Mate said:

My name is Rahul and I am reaching out to you on behalf of my colleague Dexter Fraser, who will have the honor & pleasure of serving you as your Royal Genie on your upcoming sailing again …

Dexter Fraser was our Suite Concierge on Allure back in 2016. He was wonderful and very accommodating. We would love to reach out to him but we totally misplaced his contact info. He even called us when he was here in NY visiting. He went above and beyond to make sure my whole family had a great time. 

• 7 months later...
On 4/14/2022 at 9:09 PM, Matt said:

To be clear, answering yes to any question is not automatic denial of entry. Just means someone will likely ask a few more questions and understand better what’s going on.  

Is there any possibility of someone having tested positive in the last 10 days, being allowed to cruise? 

4 hours ago, TRE said:

Is there any possibility of someone having tested positive in the last 10 days, being allowed to cruise? 

Passengers who test positive within 10 days are eligible for a full refund. But if someone doesn't want that refund and wants to come on the cruise, there's really no way to stop them. RC no longer requires proof of a negative test. As such, all someone has to do is lie on the health questionnaire about if they've tested positive or had any symptoms and there's really no way to stop them. So it is not only possible for someone who tested positive to be on the cruise, I would say it is likely. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2022 at 2:54 PM, WesKinetic said:

Passengers who test positive within 10 days are eligible for a full refund. But if someone doesn't want that refund and wants to come on the cruise, there's really no way to stop them. RC no longer requires proof of a negative test. As such, all someone has to do is lie on the health questionnaire about if they've tested positive or had any symptoms and there's really no way to stop them. So it is not only possible for someone who tested positive to be on the cruise, I would say it is likely. 

That is unfortunate! Why can’t people just follow Commandments 8-10? Look out for your neighbor! Life is not just about you; but help, and be your brothers’ keeper…