Is Rapid NAAT test the same as antigen?

Hi everyone, 

We are crusing on our very first Royal in June, very excited, and because of my schedule, I was planning to take a rapid NAAT test in Walgreens.  We live in Florida, and the have the PCR (which I don't wanna wait up to 48 hrs to get the results) I was planning to do the NAAT test. 

Is that test acceptable to board, or we have to do the Rapid Antigen Test...

Thanks for yor help 😊

6 minutes ago, Riley said:

Any of the three tests Walgreens offers is accepted.  I've used the 24-hour and the 1-hour results reporting without issue.  PCR (48 hours) would also work but it's risky based upon the time.

Yeah, that is why I don't want to risk it. 

Now, my oldest daughter and myself had covid at the beginning of the year, will those test can still track the virus in our system? 

32 minutes ago, Jotorrij said:

Hi everyone, 

We are crusing on our very first Royal in June, very excited, and because of my schedule, I was planning to take a rapid NAAT test in Walgreens.  We live in Florida, and the have the PCR (which I don't wanna wait up to 48 hrs to get the results) I was planning to do the NAAT test. 

Is that test acceptable to board, or we have to do the Rapid Antigen Test...

Thanks for yor help 😊

NAAT is actually a PCR test. It is acceptable for sailing. 

As shown below, A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test – are considered by Royal as the same kind of test.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Accepted Tests for Guests Sailing from North America (U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada), Italy, Copenhagen, Denmark, and Barcelona, Spain

Below are details about which tests are accepted to board the ship. The type of test you need for your cruise, as well as the testing window, can vary depending on your vaccination status. If you are unclear on test requirements for your cruise, visit our main COVID-19 testing FAQ to learn more.

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test – our testing requirements call this a “PCR test”
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test – our testing requirements call this an “antigen test"
  • The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth professional. Telehealth testing at home is only accepted for vaccinated guests, and only when it is conducted under live video supervision. Learn more about acceptable telehealth tests including our home test kit.
  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document. 

Tests We Do Not Accept

• Antibody tests are not accepted, as they do not detect a current infection.
  • Home test kits that are self-administered at home, and not supervised live by a telehealth professional, are also not accepted.
  • Supervised telehealth tests are not accepted for unvaccinated guests – only for vaccinated guests.