Covid protocol changes

13 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I just got an email saying that existing US protocols have been extended through 9-30-22 and European protocols are extended through 6-30-22.

image.png.2175b050e21375ff622ac78017df94ad.png

Do you think they will end testing prior to boarding eventually?

22 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I just got an email saying that existing US protocols have been extended through 9-30-22 and European protocols are extended through 6-30-22.

image.png.2175b050e21375ff622ac78017df94ad.png

How many bookings does this affect for you? I know you have been booking and cancelling over and over and over again waiting for protocols to change 😕

I've just received this email for June 19th Sailing of Odyssey.

The only change I could see was:

Pre-Cruise
All vaccinated guests will be required to present a negative test result for a COVID-19 test taken no more than 2 days before our sailing. All guests considered unvaccinated will be required to present a negative test result for a COVID-19 test taken no more than 1 day before our sailing.

So if you are considered fully vaccinated you can take your test 2 days before the sailing now.

42 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

How many bookings does this affect for you? I know you have been booking and cancelling over and over and over again waiting for protocols to change 😕

None, unfortunately.  My next cancellation will be for the 4 Sept Voyager Arctic Crossing.  Since the European protocols only go through Jun 30 I will have to make final payment and cancel later.  Bummer, but not unexpected.

1 hour ago, wordell1 said:

It looks like fully vaccinated passengers, as defined by the EU standards (full boosters or last shit within 270 days) can take the antigen test 2 days prior to the cruise vs 1 day.

Per above I’m fully vaccinated every morning. Anyone over 270 days should see a doctor. 

I think this has changed in the new version.  Originally, unvaccinated children had to be on a RC tour to get off the ship in port, then it changed.  If I’m reading this correctly, looks like unvaccinated must be on a RC tour again.  

1DC9C38D-8F91-4699-BDB5-AC6F956C85F9.thumb.jpeg.16345264c878a5186b0ec37c9f74f8a3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jkaczano said:

I think this has changed in the new version.  Originally, unvaccinated children had to be on a RC tour to get off the ship in port, then it changed.  If I’m reading this correctly, looks like unvaccinated must be on a RC tour again.  

1DC9C38D-8F91-4699-BDB5-AC6F956C85F9.thumb.jpeg.16345264c878a5186b0ec37c9f74f8a3.jpeg

I believe that's outdated and typical RC IT didn't change it since above that says unvaccinated can visit ports freely, plus the link to shore excursion details says the same thing

17 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

unfortunately that article is dated from October.  Seems that hat has been sitting there a long time.
I'd love to see this go away.  The US does not need to though, it is it's own citizens "stuck here" and  thus spending money here since most won't go overseas due to the possibility of getting stuck there if they test positive for Covid. 
  It's easy for people from other countries to come here, knowing they tested negative, spend their $$$ and fly home with no testing restrictions.   

Can anyone confirm if you could do your test the morning of the cruise? We'd be doing a test with a virtual proctor and are trying to figure out some logistics. We will be at sea on another cruise line before this trip and wouldn't have phone/internet access. 

3 hours ago, EM1016 said:

Can anyone confirm if you could do your test the morning of the cruise? We'd be doing a test with a virtual proctor and are trying to figure out some logistics. We will be at sea on another cruise line before this trip and wouldn't have phone/internet access. 

Vaccinated yes, unvaccinated no.

On 5/23/2022 at 8:03 PM, smokeybandit said:

Every day that goes by makes it less likely.  Delta and other airlines made removal of the requirement seem imminent in April.  Now it's June.  😔

1 hour ago, spursfreak21 said:

Those are for air travelers. I don’t think the CLIA is calling for doing away with the pre cruise testing, only testing to fly into the US. FWIW 

Yes, that is specifically about border entry testing.  I'm guessing deep down the CLIA isn't a fan of pre-cruise testing either but that's for another day.

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Interesting 

I’ve no idea what that chart is but I’ve read for a few months now of the transmission being high prior to symptoms showing and people with symptoms testing negative on the Covid rapid tests for a few days after having symptoms.   It’s such a crap shoot….to me it means that people are boarding with Covid, despite what their rapid tests say.  

14 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I’ve no idea what that chart is but I’ve read for a few months now of the transmission being high prior to symptoms showing and people with symptoms testing negative on the Covid rapid tests for a few days after having symptoms.   It’s such a crap shoot….to me it means that people are boarding with Covid, despite what their rapid tests say.  

It's saying rapid tests are not nearly as effective now as they were with previous strains

CDC published a couple minor changes today.

-Cruise lines can use their own discretion on how to handle weather delays for boarding that would push the pre-boarding test window past two days (which I believe Symphony did for that tropical storm recently)

-Removed a clause that said if you're in quarantine for covid and one of your day 5 get out of jail tests is still positive that you had to remain in isolation for a full 10 days

Before the beginning of this week, the Bahamas required a travel visa to come into the country and that visa also required a negative covid-19 test.  As of Monday this week, this is no longer required.  (with some exceptions of course)

I always figured that ships that were travelling to Nassau or their own private island were probably required to abide by this rule/law.

Now that the Bahamas has changed their rules, it might give the ships some latitude to changing/relaxing some of their policies.  The most restrictive ports of call were always going to determine some of the restrictions.  

• 3 months later...