Less than 30 days no protocols! Southampton

icf75

I am booked onto the 2 night cruise on Anthem 13th May from Southampton (using up previous FCC).  I still have not recieved the health protocols, my balance is now overdue but am reluctanct to pay in case I am unable to go due to 'protocols'.  Gave RC a call and couldnt get an explanation as to why they have not been released, all she was interested in was my outstanding balance!

Why on earth have these not been released yet? no explanation from RC customer services??

Like I said, Expect the worst, hope for the best. So expect that you will need a booster. Spain is still requiring it if it's been more than 270 days since you finished your two doses. 

Your date(s) of vaccination must be specified and your final dose must have been administered within 270 days prior to travel to Spain. If you completed your vaccination (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) more than 270 days prior to travel to Spain, you must be able to show proof of having received a booster jab.

RC are not gonna go against  a destination port's requirements.

If you booked in the UK you may be entitled to a full refund. Unfortunately the website does not supersede the document they already sent you. 

"These COVID-19 Supplementary Terms and Conditions are valid from the date of publication, are subject to change, and will remain in full force and effect until further notice. If there is an inconsistency or conflict between any of the terms of these COVID-19 Supplementary Terms and Conditions and the standard Booking Terms and Conditions applicable to your cruise, the provisions of these COVID–19 Supplementary Terms and Conditions will prevail."

Its all in black and white and very clear. I'm really sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear.

It doesnt affect me now, I can go as it currently stands,  but it would be nice to have the 'final' protocols as advertised, at least 30 days from departure in case of a nasty surprise after paying the remaining balance. It really isnt too much to expect, they seem to have done it for other depature ports?

Why the issue releasing them, the UK seems to be more stable in terms of Covid requirements than anywhere else.  They also know the requirements in France where we visit, so whats the delay?

2 hours ago, icf75 said:

It doesnt affect me now, I can go as it currently stands,  but it would be nice to have the 'final' protocols as advertised, at least 30 days from departure in case of a nasty surprise after paying the remaining balance. It really isnt too much to expect, they seem to have done it for other depature ports?

Why the issue releasing them, the UK seems to be more stable in terms of Covid requirements than anywhere else.  They also know the requirements in France where we visit, so whats the delay?

The problem is that with all the European governments doing their own thing in their own time, the requirements are a moving target. People sailing on Voyager's repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Copenhagen on the 15th of this month only got their protocols a couple of weeks ago, for example, well inside the 30-day period. I sail on the 7th of May from Rome and only received mine 2 days ago. So, no, they haven't been meeting that 30-day deadline for other European ports.

All of which means that if the cruise line comes out with protocols too far in advance, things could have changed before the sailing. And they have to abide by what the foreign governments demand of them even if that is not to cruisers' liking. For example, not so very long ago, Brits were on France's orange list and wouldn't have been able to get off the ship there. As far as I know that has now been changed, but if it hadn't, conceivably, on a ship-full of Brits on a 2-night sailing with just one port in France, where most of the passengers wouldn't have been able to get off, perhaps the itinerary would have been changed to somewhere that they could get off.

Believe me, I totally understand your frustration. None of this is ideal. I'm sailing from Italy so have to get a test no more than one day before sailing, while others sailing from Spain and Denmark have a two-day window. That's really annoying as it means I can't test before leaving home so, instead, I have to source a test in a foreign country.

Let's all keep our collective fingers, legs and eyes crossed that this whole sorry mess will be behind us soon and we can all go back to looking forward to our cruises without the spectre of upheaval looking over our shoulders.

PROTOCOLS

As our European season approaches, we are pleased to share the health and safety protocols that your booked clients can expect when sailing with Royal Caribbean® from Southampton, England through May 31, 2022.

Some destinations we visit require additional testing and may have restrictions for guests who are not up-to-date with their vaccines. As a result, we strongly recommend that your clients receive their booster before cruising, if eligible.

Health and safety protocols are subject to change and, as these occur, we’re committed to updating you.

section_icon_hor1.png
spacer.gif
Pre-Cruise Requirements 

Vaccination: 
  • All guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated, having received their final dose no less than 14 days prior to sailing. Additionally, for the purpose of these sailings, to be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and have received their booster if the second vaccine was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago.
  • Children aged 5 to 11 years are not required to be vaccinated. However, kids who have been fully vaccinated may present proof and follow the protocols for vaccinated guests. Children with one dose of a vaccine do not count as fully vaccinated for the purpose of our sailing.
  • Please note: we will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in the place of a vaccination record.
  • All crew onboard the ship and at our private destinations are fully vaccinated and receive a booster dose as they become eligible.
Entry Requirements
  • Guests traveling into England do not have any entry requirements at this time. This applies whether you are vaccinated or not. To view current entry requirements posted by the UK Government, click here.
  • Guests traveling into England from another country should be sure to look into any requirements of their own home country may have for exiting or re-entering its borders.
Testing: 
  • Pre-Cruise: 
    • Guests who are up-to-date with their vaccines will be required to present a negative test result for a COVID-19 test taken no more than 2 days before our sailing.
    • Guests 2 years and older who are not up-to-date with their vaccines, or who are unvaccinated, will be required to present a negative test result for a COVID-19 test taken no more than 1 day before our sailing. 
    • To satisfy our pre-cruise test requirement, the test must be conducted at a certified testing location or supervised by a healthcare telemedicine professional.
  • Onboard: Depending on the itinerary, guests 12 years and older who are considered unvaccinated by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or who are not up-to-date with their vaccines will require additional testing during our sailings. This test is at the guest's expense if they are ages 12 years and up and considered unvaccinated or if they are not up-to-date at the price of $55 USD per test. These guests will receive registration information once onboard based on the below.
  • Guests under 2 years of age will not be tested. 
  • Return Home: Guests may be required to complete testing before flying home at their own expense. Please review the guest's home country's testing requirements before joining us, as this is each guest's responsibility to complete. 
    • Guests can take advantage of testing offered via ExpressTest at Heathrow and Gatwick airports by registering ahead of time here. 
    • Some local testing options include The Regenerative Clinic or Randox Health. 
    • Vaccinated North American guests can travel with tele-health testing kits such as eMed for U.S. guests and Switch Health tests for Canadian guests.
    • Please note that the cost of testing and availability varies by testing provider.

spacer.gif
section_icon_hor2.png
spacer.gif
Healthy Shore Excursions
Fully vaccinated guests and unvaccinated kids can visit ports of call freely. However, additional testing requirements may exist in some countries for guests who are unvaccinated; not considered up to date by EMA standards; or not vaccinated with an EMA-authorized vaccine. It is strongly recommended that guests be up to date and bring their vaccination record while ashore, as businesses in some countries may require proof of vaccination to enter. For sailings visiting France, guests who are from an Orange List country will not be allowed to visit the port, per French government regulations. Learn which countries are on the Orange List. Tours are available at a variety of price points and may be purchased in advance on Cruise Planner or once onboard using the Royal Caribbean App.  Requirements for going ashore are subject to change as circumstances evolve, and we will continue to update booked guests of any requirements for their upcoming cruise.  

Mask Guidance 
Masks are optional for fully vaccinated guests. We expect unvaccinated children to continue wearing masks indoors and in crowded settings. Masks will be required in Adventure Ocean, in the cruise terminal, and may be required at various destinations. Guests under 2 years do not have to wear a mask at any time. These protocols are subject to change.

spacer.gif
section_icon_hor3.png
spacer.gif
What To Bring 

Travel Documentation Checklist
  • A Passport Book or European ID Card (EU Nationals) valid for at least six months after your cruise, is required.
  • COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, Certificate or e-Certificate via guest's country’s health agency app with the final dose of your original vaccine series administered at least 14 days before sailing. The record must show all doses, including original vaccination, as well as any booster doses received if applicable. This is a requirement for all guests age 12 years and older. Kids age 5 to 11 years who have been fully vaccinated may present proof of vaccination and follow the protocols for vaccinated guests.
  • COVID-19 Test Result: See details in the Testing Requirement section above.
  • Health Questionnaire to be completed on our Royal Caribbean App the day before you board.
  • Proof of Residency may be needed for guests traveling with a passport/ European ID card that was issued from a country different from their country of residence.
For additional protocol information, please click the link below to read the detailed FAQs.

Please note that health protocols are expected to change over time. Guidance for other ports and sailings is still in development with federal, state, and local authorities. We will update you and your clients as protocols change. 
spacer.gif

13 minutes ago, icf75 said:

So Do I read this correctly? I can board 'un boosted'?

"Additionally, for the purpose of these sailings, to be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and have received their booster if the second vaccine was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago".

6 minutes ago, 1st Mate said:

"Additionally, for the purpose of these sailings, to be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and have received their booster if the second vaccine was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago".

Yes but they only 'strongly reccomend' this?

7 minutes ago, icf75 said:

Yes but they only 'strongly reccomend' this?

Okay, here's the whole paragraph.  I don't think the word "MUST" makes it a recommendation:

• All guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated, having received their final dose no less than 14 days prior to sailing. Additionally, for the purpose of these sailings, to be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and have received their booster if the second vaccine was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago.

Thats to be considered up to date? being up to date is only reccomended

9 minutes ago, 1st Mate said:

Okay, here's the whole paragraph.  I don't think the word "MUST" makes it a recommendation:

7 minutes ago, YouthD said:

Where does it say they only recommend it?

From the web:

For the best European cruise experience, we strongly recommend guests be “up to date” on their COVID-19 vaccination per the European Medicines Agency (EMA).

7 minutes ago, icf75 said:

Thats to be considered up to date? being up to date is only reccomended

Really?  I'd like to see where you are getting that from.  

Also, scroll up and see where I copied and pasted to you.  Just above the part I copied and pasted, it say "Pre-Cruise Requirements".

Also, go to:

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/RTS_FAQs.pdf

27 minutes ago, icf75 said:

So Do I read this correctly? I can board 'un boosted'?

Yes, as long as you are fully vaccinated. However, if you are "unboosted" and your last vaccine shot was more than 270 days prior you will not be "up to date", which means you will likely have to do onboard testing in order to get off the ship at ports of call and potentially at the end of the cruise as well. 

8 minutes ago, icf75 said:

From the web:

For the best European cruise experience, we strongly recommend guests be “up to date” on their COVID-19 vaccination per the European Medicines Agency (EMA).

You will get a lousy cruise experience if you're not up to date, AKA you won't be able to get off the ship, or even cruise at all.

ICF75 when did you get your 2nd dose of vaccine? If it was over 270 days ago then you need the booster if it was under 270 days at timeyou sail then you do not. 

Thats what it says on the post thats been quoted and highlighted red. 

13 minutes ago, Ray said:

ICF75 when did you get your 2nd dose of vaccine? If it was over 270 days ago then you need the booster if it was under 270 days at timeyou sail then you do not. 

Thats what it says on the post thats been quoted and highlighted red. 

Yes, EXACTLY.  😄

44 minutes ago, YouthD said:

You will get a lousy cruise experience if you're not up to date, AKA you won't be able to get off the ship, or even cruise at all.

If his 2nd dose was under 270 days then he is considered fully vaccinated and as per RC statement get off ship freely.

1 very simple question was needed how long since your 2nd dose, answer to that determines everything else

10 minutes ago, Ray said:

If his 2nd dose was under 270 days then he is considered fully vaccinated and as per RC statement get off ship freely.

1 very simple question was needed how long since your 2nd dose, answer to that determines everything else

I don't know if you noticed but:  When given the information, he/she was still misunderstanding it or refusing to accept it.  So, therefore, cut and pastes, showing references, and highlights are/were needed.  

I/we were/are just trying to help.  

As I read it, to get ON the ship, you must be fully vaccinated but not necessarily up-to-date.

However, to get OFF the ship, you either have to be up-to-date or you have to pay $55 for a "get-off-the-ship" test at every port of call where you want to go ashore, as well as to disembark at the end of the cruise. Not a huge issue if you're on a TA with only two port stops but a whole different ball game if you're visiting half a dozen or more ports. 😬

And that's why they strongly recommend being up-to-date because, if you're not, your whole cruise experience is going to be significantly impacted for the worse.

It’s been confirmed by two different RC customer service agents. RC consider ‘fully vaccinated’ to be a full course of an approved vaccine ( not boosted). But you are considered ‘up to date’ if you are fully boosted, two doses within 270 days etc etc. They merely use the EMA as a benchmark for being ‘up to date’. As this is only a two night cruise to Paris I’m quite happy to stay on. Thanks for the comments! 

Following. 

Very interested in how this plays out.  I Welcome those who are traveling out of Southampton to share more as their information arrives on protocols over the next month or two.

I'm booked on the June 17th out of Southampton.  I Rolled the dice on this one a while back hoping things would clear up and we could make this trip a go.  Go a smoking hot deal on flights 8 months ago for the family when no one was looking to go to UK due to their (at the time) quarantine on arrival requirements.  Now that has gone away and fuel prices are up.... I really don't want to miss the chance of using these tickets.  Flight cost now are almost Tripple

Separately,.....Hopefully the US ends it testing requirement for coming back home to the states. 

Delta is confident that Covid entry testing soon will end: Travel Weekly