Cruising with a 9 month old and teens 5/1 - Help

Justina

Hi, I am boarding Harmony of the Seas 7n western on 5/1/22 and I will have my 9 month old, and 11 & 13 year old boys. I am looking for all kinds of advice, tips, tricks etc. 

I plan to take my own travel crib because it's lightweight, compact, and I know its clean. But in general how does a pack-n-play fit into a room? I currently have a Boardwalk Balcony but I did the Offer Up (pending) for the ultra spacious room. I am thinking putting in an offer for the junior suite and also basic balcony room too. Maybe the ocean will be quieter for the baby to sleep. But anyway, I will have 2 adults, baby and 11yr old in my room so I am looking for suggestions on rooms. Should I go to a bigger suite? We are a party of 10 so I am unsure how it works if one room is a suite and the rest are basic. I want to dine with everyone so not looking to be secluded. 

Baby- How did you heat water for the bottle? How did you get water for the bottle? Did you take a sound machine? Did you take a stroller? Uppababy cruz or umbrella? Suggestions on what to carry on vs pack for the baby. Suggestions on packing enough but not a billion things for a 9m old. 

CoCoCay - Would you book a cabana? We were debating the over water one but it's not $1,899 so now looking at the chill island one for $999. We are doing the helium balloon and 3 out of 10 are doing the jetski otherwise the day will be chill on the island. 

All the adults have cruised before just not the kiddos so share what you got. 🙂

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, Justina said:

Hi, I am boarding Harmony of the Seas 7n western on 5/1/22 and I will have my 9 month old, and 11 & 13 year old boys. I am looking for all kinds of advice, tips, tricks etc. 

I plan to take my own travel crib because it's lightweight, compact, and I know its clean. But in general how does a pack-n-play fit into a room? I currently have a Boardwalk Balcony but I did the Offer Up (pending) for the ultra spacious room. I am thinking putting in an offer for the junior suite and also basic balcony room too. Maybe the ocean will be quieter for the baby to sleep. But anyway, I will have 2 adults, baby and 11yr old in my room so I am looking for suggestions on rooms. Should I go to a bigger suite? We are a party of 10 so I am unsure how it works if one room is a suite and the rest are basic. I want to dine with everyone so not looking to be secluded. 

Baby- How did you heat water for the bottle? How did you get water for the bottle? Did you take a sound machine? Did you take a stroller? Uppababy cruz or umbrella? Suggestions on what to carry on vs pack for the baby. Suggestions on packing enough but not a billion things for a 9m old. 

CoCoCay - Would you book a cabana? We were debating the over water one but it's not $1,899 so now looking at the chill island one for $999. We are doing the helium balloon and 3 out of 10 are doing the jetski otherwise the day will be chill on the island. 

All the adults have cruised before just not the kiddos so share what you got. 🙂

Thanks in advance!

It's going to be tight. 

There is probably room for a pack n play but there won't be much room to move around when you are done.

It's pretty late to move rooms now and I certainly wouldn't count on a Royal Up.  If you were able, I would add an extra inside cabin or adjacent cabin and have the 2 teens in that room.  You would need to book an adult in each room, but could rearrange the occupants once you board.

I saw a few strollers on my last sailing on Anthem last week.  Some were able to leave them in the hallway because of the configuration of the hall (there was more than standard hallways), same for the scooters, otherwise they might have to be in the cabin.  If you do get an upgrade to the ultra spacious cabin is it at the very front of the ship? If so you would probably want the stroller.....as the main dining room is at the aft (back) of the ship.  
does our cabin have the berth beds (pull down from the wall) or the sofa bed.  The pack and play would fit in the balcony f you did not have to open the sofa.

WOrdell1 mentioned getting another cabin.  I know when I tried to move someone inside of final payment my TA told me it could not be done.  I would recommend you speak with a TA (or with Royal direct if you are not using a TA) to explore that option further if you wanted to.  Ideal would  be connecting staterooms, where you can leave the interior cabin door open,

As for meals, your reservations should be linked and you should all have the same dining time (if you all requested the same dining time).  One of you can go to the Main Dining Room upon boarding, have all cabin #'s/last names available and confirm with the dining room staff that you are all booked together. It does not matter if you end up in a suite or not, you can all dine together.

Overwater cabana with a baby, crawling baby?  I think you wouldn't necessarily be able to relax as there are no sides to the cabana that I recall.  I know I have packed my own Tommy Bahama tent for the beach, it packs pretty small and is relatively easy to set up.  It has it's own floor, and sides, great shade and keeps the little one out of the sand for the most part (I have used it for ME to stay out of the sun!)
I cannot address the infant bottles as I did not cruise when my kids were infant age.  When I had my kids they were used to room temp water mixed with formula so there was no heating of the water so whenever I took them somewhere it was easy enough.

For the 11 year old-I have a pool float I LOVE to bring to the beach, it is "hammock style", easy to blow up.  Also consider a few travel games. For my 9 year old niece we had boggle, yahtzee and Uno, she was very happy at dinner that we had something to do together, even a deck of cards can go  a long way.