Bermuda Travel Authorization

YOLO

@twangster  Vacations To Go is telling our friends to fill out the form within 30 days (today we are at 29) of sailing, but my agency Best Price Cruises didn't tell me anything.  Also, I am surprised that Royal has not notified us in any way yet (I guess there is still time).  I think I will bypass my agent as I talked to her yesterday and call RCCL directly to see it I can learn anything more.  I do wonder if the $40 has been paid by RCCL directly on our behalf.  Yes, required for every cruiser except for 2 and under.  See my second link.  It is also different if Bermuda is the first stop on the Cruise (which it will be).

10 minutes ago, YOLO said:

@twangster  Vacations To Go is telling our friends to fill out the form within 30 days (today we are at 29) of sailing, but my agency Best Price Cruises didn't tell me anything.  Also, I am surprised that Royal has not notified us in any way yet (I guess there is still time).  I think I will bypass my agent as I talked to her yesterday and call RCCL directly to see it I can learn anything more.  I do wonder if the $40 has been paid by RCCL directly on our behalf.  Yes, required for every cruiser except for 2 and under.  See my second link.  It is also different if Bermuda is the first stop on the Cruise (which it will be).

Testing requirements are different when Bermuda isn't the first port of call.   It appears the travel authorisation requirement is the same.

image.thumb.jpeg.e04e8d4e9271b55b5e94df8a55a93fb5.jpeg

Royal does not pay for the travel authorization.  Each guest applies and pays directly with Bermuda.  This is no different than other countries that require travel authorizations or VISAs.   

image.thumb.jpeg.35c8c1998129dd399707312add94dc3c.jpeg

Yes, it looks like we have to pay the $40pp regardless of whether we get off the ship or not.  OK, I guess we have no choice.  I will apply for the authorization.  Unfortunately, the form is quite detailed and must be done for both of us...  Boo Hoo...  more paperwork!

10 minutes ago, Colombia20102018 said:

@twangster

image.png.b6196481a460af4bba48a920ad2db305.png

I do not know if such a cruise exists but I am wondering what happens if the cruise stops at a port on day two and arrives to Bermuda on day three? What are the requirements for that situation?

My assumption is the column on the right applies... "...voyage where Bermuda is not the first port of call..."  

17 minutes ago, Colombia20102018 said:

I do not know if such a cruise exists but I am wondering what happens if the cruise stops at a port on day two and arrives to Bermuda on day three? What are the requirements for that situation?

Yes, I agree it would be column 3.  For our May 12th Adventure cruise we go to Bermuda first before heading to the Eastern Caribbean.  For us it is column 2.  As @twangsterpointed, the same Travel Authorisation is required (along with the same $40pp cost), but the testing requirements are what is different.