It's Getting Real and My Excitement Level Is Peaking

Yep, my Excitement Level is at it's peak.  It's only 30 days now until my Fun Meter starts to wave back and forth.  

Woke up this morning, turned on this electronic addiction device and found that my TA emailed me some documents for info purposes.  So, I logged into royalcaribbean.com and my luggage tags are ready to print.  Isn't it funny how everything happens, at least to me, in little milestones.  I'm so old, I don't like to wish time away/would go faster, so I don't like countdowns.  But, going on a cruise, especially on RCCL, is one countdown after another.  Now, I'm counting down in hopes of getting the email from our Genie.  Which is actually an unknown day/date.  Then the COVID pre-cruise test, then the flight to Seattle, then boarding/embarkation day.  No, I'm not excited, not much, eh!  

It's been far too damn long since I've cruised.  I do keep a positive attitude that everything will be as I'd hope it will be.  My old Army buddy and his wife are traveling with us, like they do on most other vacations, we are like brother and sister, but this is their first time on Royal.  We've really really built up Royal and Star Class to then.  I can't, however, help to have concerns in the back of my mind that things won't be as I remember them, pre-COVID.  But, we'll see.   

image.thumb.png.6e65cf6a8e18d8d3191dc52eefec7df1.png

@jay1021 Anticipation is part of the process! Savor it! Enjoy it! I love the time leading up to the cruise. When I look back on it, time flew until I boarded. Then I concentrated on enjoying every single moment onboard and in the ports. I purposely make it drag out…no rushing…no pressure. No stress!! Enjoy your friends…enjoy your cruise.😎

2 hours ago, BrianB said:

@jay1021 Anticipation is part of the process! Savor it! Enjoy it! I love the time leading up to the cruise. When I look back on it, time flew until I boarded. Then I concentrated on enjoying every single moment onboard and in the ports. I purposely make it drag out…no rushing…no pressure. No stress!! Enjoy your friends…enjoy your cruise.😎

Thanks, you know I will! 🚢

1 hour ago, CruisingNewb said:

57 days for us.

How are you containing your excitement??? These next 57 days will be the LONGEST!!!😆

I'm not!  I'm frantically looking in here for updates and/or anything that discusses our cruise.  I'm constantly going into royalcaribbean.com looking for updates and/or anything that discusses our cruise.  I'm calling my old Army buddy who is going with us, and discussing the cruise.  I'm a 70 year old teenager again. I'm busting out of my skin.  

🤭🤪

10 minutes ago, 1st Mate said:

Whoop Whoop

image.thumb.png.e526018fef98fb3215363a2244dc14e1.png

BTW, it's only 24 days until we start our trek to Seattle.  That's part of the fun, except the actual flying part.  I hate flying and TSA.  

Edited by 1st Mate
Correction: 25 days to start trek!

If you look my signature photo, with my id, you'll see my constant reminder of Royal Cruising that sits on our Coffee Table in the living room, the bow is peaking out by my toes, it's a model of Symphony of the Seas.  Our Genie gave us that when we cruised on the Symphony.  Love it.  Naaaaaaaa, I don't love cruising at all, naaaaaaaaa.

image.thumb.jpeg.7af9427d910b958337a1045b96f8e5aa.jpeg

4 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

I’ll be excited if royal ever updates my C&A points in the cruise planner from my cruise a month ago 

It may be that they're just taking their time but there is a way you can try and force it. Someone over on CC posted it the other day and I tried it for my SIL because hers still hadn't updated since September.

If you want to give it a go you need to go into your profile and click on the right arrow that says "my loyalty". Then delete your C&A number, type it back in again and hit enter (or save; can't remember which of the two it was). It worked for SIL and updated her points immediately.

Same re: flying... And it's a close number two on my list of worries about the trip (right after testing). It's a long flight for us from the southeast, with a layover in Chicago. We gave ourselves an extra day, but I'm beyond worried we'll end up in one of the airport related quagmires that seem to have plagued the northeast at random (Chicago has a lot more in common with Philly than other Midwestern cities, don't @ me). Wishing we had chosen the flight that connected in SLC.

20 hours ago, FionaMG said:

It may be that they're just taking their time but there is a way you can try and force it. Someone over on CC posted it the other day and I tried it for my SIL because hers still hadn't updated since September.

If you want to give it a go you need to go into your profile and click on the right arrow that says "my loyalty". Then delete your C&A number, type it back in again and hit enter (or save; can't remember which of the two it was). It worked for SIL and updated her points immediately.

Holy crap you’re a genius. I just did it and it worked!!! Amazing thank you so much!! This here is why this place rules. People are so dang helpful. 

13 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

So helpful. My MIL is having the same issue with her points. I will spread the word wide and far!!! I’m sure the C&A people will be happy with less phone calls too. 😜

Had the exact same thing happen to DW and when I was told that solution by the royal representative on the phone, I laughed and said you can't be serious but did it anyways... And it worked!  I am a software engineer so things like that make me go... Yikes!