Room Service if Quarantined

My MIL had some questions about what happens is you test positive for covid once on-board. She was wondering if you only have access to the standard room service menu or if you are able to order items from the dining room as well? She has some dietary restrictions and for some reason this is really bothering her. 

We are cruising on Harmony in 3 weeks.

6 hours ago, Woodmnky said:

My MIL had some questions about what happens is you test positive for covid once on-board. She was wondering if you only have access to the standard room service menu or if you are able to order items from the dining room as well? She has some dietary restrictions and for some reason this is really bothering her. 

We are cruising on Harmony in 3 weeks.

Your mother won’t like this answer but I have been quarantined with my family and the food is less then decent….. Unless things have significantly changed over the last 3 1/2 months then it’s not a great situation to be in. I’m confident that in the unlikely event she is quarantined then RC will accommodate her diet restrictions especially if they are a health matter. There is absolutely nothing standard about the quarantine room service menu, it’s very basic and dropped off outside your door (usually cold) in styrofoam containers much like a prison. 

We sailed in March and my niece got quarantined. It wasn't Covid, but she was running a fever so they ran her through the protocols.

We had a great head waiter in the MDR and when he found out she was quarantined he ordered up a Sorrento's pizza while we were eating to take back to the room. I would imagine that you could order a "to-go" plate from the MDR while you're eating and just bring it back to her. I know people have ordered desserts to go, in the past.

I made the mistake once when I had an upset stomach of asking for Pepto-Bismol which got me an immediate 24 hour quarantine. This was pre-Covid. FaceTime Samee the other replies the experience may be different but mine was actually quite pleasant. I was able to get the main dining room food delivered, the unlocked all the pay per view movies at no charge, and I even got reimbursed for one day (although this may have been through travel insurance- I don’t recall). It was fine, but then it was only one day. Let’s just say now I always travel with my own Pepto 🙂

4 hours ago, mathbees said:

We sailed in March and my niece got quarantined. It wasn't Covid, but she was running a fever so they ran her through the protocols.

We had a great head waiter in the MDR and when he found out she was quarantined he ordered up a Sorrento's pizza while we were eating to take back to the room. I would imagine that you could order a "to-go" plate from the MDR while you're eating and just bring it back to her. I know people have ordered desserts to go, in the past.

I don’t think this is possible if you are on the Covid isolation floor. You can’t leave the room and nobody else can visit the floor. Dropping off a pizza wouldn’t be something you could do. 

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I guess close contact you quarantine in your assigned stateroom?

I think they treat positive covid and close contact differently from other quarantines. They quarantined my niece for about 24 hours in her stateroom and performed multiple covid checks. Since she came up negative for each check, she was allowed back out.

Yes, if there is a reason to move someone to the actual covid isolation area, things would be different.