Deluxe drink package, easiest way to order premium alcohol

p5woody

Is there an easy way to ask for a premium alcohol instead of the standard?  Can I say make it with premium or something like that every time I order or do I have to specify brand?

A little background, I am more of a beer/cider guy, I typically only drink cocktails when on vacation. This is my 2nd time having the drink package and I am not sure what is in each drink and not sure which brand to ask for.  We met some people on our last cruise toward the end that had us try some drinks with specific brand alcohols and they were much better, not that the others were bad, but I could tell the difference.

Bonus question 1: What is your preferred brand of alcohol like Bourbon, Tequila, vodka, etc.

Bonus question 2:  What drink is not on the menu I should order?  

2 hours ago, p5woody said:

Bonus question 1: What is your preferred brand of alcohol like Bourbon, Tequila, vodka, etc

Welcome to the boards!

Since stock changes on the ships with some regularity, I will often ask the bartender to make it with his/her favorite alcohol for that particular drink. They seem to enjoy the interaction.

The Deluxe Beverage Package only covers drinks up to $13.00.  If I'm not mistaken, if you should find a drink that is more than $13.00 you only have to pay the difference.  I think the Deluxe Beverage Package is a great deal if you drink a few (4 or 5) premium drinks or many beers/standard cocktails a day.  Back in the day, it wasn't hard for me to make the package more than worth the cost of admission.  

Enjoy your cruise!

Tequila-Patron is good -I've watched bartenders put in some other kind and it was like gasoline-my bad for not saying Patron
Vodka-I was asking for Grey Goose until they didn't have it, then a guy at the bar said Belvedere--I had never heard of it-it's very good (otherwise  they use  Absolut or Titos. I don't mind Tito's but you can keep Absolut away! lol)
If you are unsure of the type of alcohol that is premium I would imagine you can google and note a list ahead of time or when you order you can ask for "Rum and Coke with the premium rum"

So my order Tequila Sunrise with Patron
Belevedere Soda and splash of cranberry

If a drink will cost you more because of the type of alcohol you ask for they will let you know.  Normally it might be $1, maybe $2 more -which can be worth it especially for a drink that is neat.  There are some wines that cost more per glass, they let you know ahead of time.  
Enjoy your drink package, the good thing is if you don't care for a drink you can just order another!

5 hours ago, p5woody said:

Is there an easy way to ask for a premium alcohol instead of the standard?  Can I say make it with premium or something like that every time I order or do I have to specify brand?

A little background, I am more of a beer/cider guy, I typically only drink cocktails when on vacation. This is my 2nd time having the drink package and I am not sure what is in each drink and not sure which brand to ask for.  We met some people on our last cruise toward the end that had us try some drinks with specific brand alcohols and they were much better, not that the others were bad, but I could tell the difference.

Bonus question 1: What is your preferred brand of alcohol like Bourbon, Tequila, vodka, etc.

Bonus question 2:  What drink is not on the menu I should order?  

Easiest way is simply to specify the choice. eg: A lava flow with "Kraken Rum" or a "Pussers" Painkiller

Bonus Question 1: Rum, specifically Pussers Rum, with Kraken as a second alternative.

Bonus Question 2: Grog !

• 1 oz Lime Juice
  • 2 oz Pussers Rum
  • 1/2 oz Brown sugar
  • 3 oz Water

My favorite everyday drink is a HOT Bloody Mary with premium vodka and Mr & Mrs T spicy.  

However, I do like a Harvey WallBanger.  Shots of almost any kind, especially Ouzo, Butterscotch schnaps, Lemon Drop Shots, Patron (actually, almost any brand will do), Jägermeister.

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2022 at 7:06 PM, loki007 said:

mai tai with Pyrat rum by the pool for this guy

Pyrat rum is good straight up ask the bartenders if they are from the Caribbean they will hook you up with some great rums. I usally drink Pyrat rum but they had me into a ton of good sipping rums

4 hours ago, D Alt said:

i've never had a hot bloody mary before.  Is it just spicier?  may have to try it next week. 

thinking i'm going to try out some shots this cruise as well. 

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, uses a spicier hot sauce.

Aren't bloody Marys supposed to be hot and spicy? Have always had them that way.

8 hours ago, RWDW1204 said:

Aren't bloody Marys supposed to be hot and spicy? Have always had them that way.

They are supposed to have spice but not in particular are they "hot." Everyone has a different level of what is hot, so hot to you will be milk to another or vice versa. That is why people request hot, the bartender will usually add a different hot sauce or if they use Tabasco or something, add 4 or 5 times the amount.