Prepping for check in

I'm getting ready for our first cruise in June. Check in is April 20th, and I want to be able to check in as soon as possible... Because I'm a nerd.

Is there a way to upload travel/vaccine documents prior to check in date, so I don't have to spend time doing it when check in opens? I've looked on the app and website, but I haven't been able to find it. 

Thanks, all. 

4 hours ago, BigMac3001 said:

I'm getting ready for our first cruise in June. Check in is April 20th, and I want to be able to check in as soon as possible... Because I'm a nerd.

Is there a way to upload travel/vaccine documents prior to check in date, so I don't have to spend time doing it when check in opens? I've looked on the app and website, but I haven't been able to find it. 

Thanks, all. 

As far as I know, there's no way for you to upload that before check in time.  If you have the RC app on your phone, you can check in on the app at 1201am.  You can check in, pick your time and then go back in later and upload your documents.  That's what I did myself when I checked in for our cruise.  Woke up, hit check in for me and hubby, picked our check in time and then finished it up when I was awake.  Hope that helps!

3 hours ago, RDU said:

Woke up, hit check in for me and hubby, picked our check in time and then finished it up when I was awake.  Hope that helps!

Me too! If I don’t have the time, or documents handy, I’ll quickly hit check in…pick my arrival time…then exit check in. It saves my choice and I can then go back in and finish later.

I just did it (stayed up until midnight,  checked in at 12:03....had to log out of app and log back in as check in was not showing up as open....). Was easy, only completed a few of the required items after picking the check in time (11am...woohoo!). Went back the next day to finish with no problem.  Don't try and use the website though if you want to upload vaccine card, passport, etc pictures. That can only be done on the app. 

On 4/16/2022 at 2:10 PM, USCG Teacher said:

Odd question: can you start the process on a laptop (reserve your check in time) and finish up on the app?

You can't skip to the check-in time through the website. You have to at least enter in dummy info to get to the arrival time part.  It's better to use the app and go back later through the website.  You can select the arrival time for everyone on your reservation in the app.

Cruise check in date is a closely watched artifact as people are  often  trying to capture desirous boarding times.   People can check in from virtually anywhere in the world.  So what time zone is the APP or on-line check-in clocked tied to?  Is it a date/time based in Miami (EST)? Or do different regions have servers tied to local times to allow guests to begin a check-in process?

What happens if your vaccine records are rejected? I'm presumming these would just be shown at port on arrival? 

And can you still have a cash account for onboard spending? No option for that with online check in