E-med test timestamp question

ScottW3

As I usually do, I believe I'm overthinking things here.  My 2 days starts tomorrow (4/13). Do I need to worry about the time that I take the e-med test as long as it's after midnight in my local timezone?  The FAQ on the e-med test says that the timestamp will be listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).  Does that matter?  I've searched for this specific question but cant seem to find anything. 

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, ScottW3 said:

As I usually do, I believe I'm overthinking things here.  My 2 days starts tomorrow (4/13). Do I need to worry about the time that I take the e-med test as long as it's after midnight in my local timezone?  The FAQ on the e-med test says that the timestamp will be listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).  Does that matter?  I've searched for this specific question but cant seem to find anything. 

Thanks!

I agree and do the same thing.  It is 2 calendar days before you cruise.  For us, we were cruising on Sunday, so we did ours Friday morning.  Technically, we probably could have done them "just after midnight at 12:01 am", but we did them around 6:30 AM before starting our work day.

Here's the link to the Health Sail center, somewhere on there, there used to be a chart that showed which days you could test, but i could not find it at the moment.

Link to Health Sail Center --> https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center?icid=hlthys_wrnssn_hlt_nbrdxp_pghdr_3467

Just to clarify, I know its 2 calendar days and not 48 hours, but I was concerned that if I took it shortly after midnight on the first eligible day that the timestamp on the results would be in a different time zone and possibly one that is earlier (resulting in a test that has a date of the day before). Is this a concern?

7 minutes ago, ScottW3 said:

Just to clarify, I know its 2 calendar days and not 48 hours, but I was concerned that if I took it shortly after midnight on the first eligible day that the timestamp on the results would be in a different time zone and possibly one that is earlier (day before). Is this a concern?

At 12:01 AM is just fine, just make sure you are in the same time zone or make adjustment accordingly.  Which makes it closer to 3 days before than it does 2 days before.  Which is just fine with me.  The way that I like to put it, "the day of embarkation doesn't count".  

10 minutes ago, jake1004 said:

Thinking the same thing! Setting sail on Friday and planning on testing right after midnight tonight! Sailing in EST and living in EST. 

Sorry, I should have been a little more specific,  make sure you are in the same time zone as the "Proctor" or ask him/her what time will be on the report.  If it won't be Okay, call back when the time/date is acceptable.

37 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

With the test timestamp being UTC, unless you live in Europe or Asia, the date will always be in your favor.

Yep, I would hope that their system would use, automatically, what time zone you are in.  But, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Just remembered that we (this forum) have an example of a negative test.  And YEP, it has the UTC on it.  Very good!

image.png.bea5a5ccb85428e0a2511bbec38abb26.png

Edited by jay1021
Added in copy and past of negative test

It doesn't really matter as long as it is 2 days before.

FYI they timestamp it based on your time zone, not where you are sailing out of. So if your ID says Baltimore, they will do it for that time. At least that what happened to me. I tested in FL at like 12:43pm or whatever but my test said 11:43am which would have been Chicago time, like my ID says.

Thanks everyone. So it seems like it's either going to be my time zone (central) or UTC (which is hours ahead of central and won't be an issue). I'll likely ask the proctor and confirm as well just to be extra safe. 

The sooner I can get this negative test the sooner I can relax. 

53 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The test result that gets emailed to you is UTC. This is what I used just because it looked nicer when printing

image.png.9411b1f52bde580bfabf07f5da20faab.png

The test result that's in your Navica account is local time

image.png.390bcab3b773bd510e76e8d048c3f083.png

(ignoring the fact that somehow the results were reported before the specimen was collected.

Ahhhhh, my suspicion is right the time is in both UTC and local.  That's assuming that you or wherever the recipient is from the Mountain Daylight Time Zone.  I like it.

LOL, that could be an issue.  Maybe clocks run backwards in the Mountain Daylight Time Zone!  😄

6 hours ago, jay1021 said:

Sorry, I should have been a little more specific,  make sure you are in the same time zone as the "Proctor" or ask him/her what time will be on the report.  If it won't be Okay, call back when the time/date is acceptable.

In the same time zone as the proctor? Is that even possible? 

As @Ampurp85says, it's timestamped with the time zone you're in. And you only need to be 2 calendar days, or 3 , not an  actual 48 hours, or 72.