Where to get a test in Barclona

BMEYER

Flying to Barcelona a week early - Protocol as of now, you must have a COVID test two days prior to boarding Wonder of the Seas in Barcelona.    Where would you go to get a test? Will results be back quick enough for the boarding process?   What about the Spain Health Form to be filled out prior to arrival.   What if you Airlines keep changing your flight numbers?   We booked AIR2AIR with Royal and the itinerary has changed many times?   All these changes makes it very nerve racking to figure out everything.

• Matt changed the title to Where to get a test in Barclona
1 hour ago, BMEYER said:

What about the Spain Health Form to be filled out prior to arrival.   

RC post states that all visitors must fill in this form however when you click the link and read it, it states that the following applies

Who has to fill out the Health Control Form?

All people who enter Spain from other countries, who do not have an EU Digital COVID Certificate or EU Equivalent. Children under the age of 12 and passengers in international transit do not have to show a certificate or SpTH QR.

Each form is personal and non-transferable, and is associated with a single trip.

In case the passenger is a minor, or a dependant/disabled person, the form can be completed by their guardian, who will be responsible for the accuracy of the information provided.

So if you are from a country that has EU covid digital certificate then its one less thing to worry about.

If you are staying at a hotel, you can ask for a Covid Testing Site nearby.  That is what we are going to do.  You can also look up testing sites online before you travel.  And there is also the option of Emed testing packages purchased through Royal.  They are advertising these for cruises sailing from Italy - 24/7 proctoring.

5 hours ago, BMEYER said:

Flying to Barcelona a week early - Protocol as of now, you must have a COVID test two days prior to boarding Wonder of the Seas in Barcelona.    Where would you go to get a test? Will results be back quick enough for the boarding process?   What about the Spain Health Form to be filled out prior to arrival.   What if you Airlines keep changing your flight numbers?   We booked AIR2AIR with Royal and the itinerary has changed many times?   All these changes makes it very nerve racking to figure out everything.

Get the Emed tests recommended by Royal and bring them with you.  They can be used anywhere and are easy to do.

There are few sites which do fast antigen tests. Cost is around 60$.

Another option is to have the test in you hotel (around 90-100$). If you can get the Emed kits it's the easiest solution. 

We are planning to be there at the beginning of May and to take the test there , will see how it is going.

Please mind that if you do not have the booster your second shoot should be earlier than 9 month from the time you enter Spain.

17 hours ago, wordell1 said:

Get the Emed tests recommended by Royal and bring them with you.  They can be used anywhere and are easy to do.

I am planning to do this and then I realized there is liquid in those bottles, so they cannot be carried onto the plane.....according to a lot of protocols are various airports.  
UGH.  Checked luggage is a waste of space for these kits!  Between hubby and I we need at least 4 -test prior to boarding, test prior to return home (I sure wish the US would do away with this!) and then 2 more for back up.  That's a lot of luggage space.

8 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I am planning to do this and then I realized there is liquid in those bottles, so they cannot be carried onto the plane.....according to a lot of protocols are various airports.  
UGH.  Checked luggage is a waste of space for these kits!  Between hubby and I we need at least 4 -test prior to boarding, test prior to return home (I sure wish the US would do away with this!) and then 2 more for back up.  That's a lot of luggage space.

Per the homeland security website:

You are allowed to bring a quart-sized bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes in your carry-on bag and through the checkpoint. These are limited to travel-sized containers that are 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) or less per item. Placing these items in the small bag and separating from your carry-on baggage facilitates the screening process. Pack items that are in containers larger than 3.4 ounces or 100 milliliters in checked baggage.

Any liquid, aerosol, gel, cream or paste that alarms during screening will require additional screening.

The liquid in the email tests is nowhere near 3.4 oz.

7 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Per the homeland security website:

You are allowed to bring a quart-sized bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes in your carry-on bag and through the checkpoint. These are limited to travel-sized containers that are 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) or less per item. Placing these items in the small bag and separating from your carry-on baggage facilitates the screening process. Pack items that are in containers larger than 3.4 ounces or 100 milliliters in checked baggage.

Any liquid, aerosol, gel, cream or paste that alarms during screening will require additional screening.

The liquid in the email tests is nowhere near 3.4 oz.

The problem is the Emed tests may NOT be opened prior to getting online with the proctor.  The proctor observes that the test kit is unopened.  The box itself would not fit in a quart size bag.  The bottle containing the liquid could not be removed from the kit to go into the quart size bag.   Therefore the test kits cannot be carried on in a carryon.  Which leads to the next thought process.....I wonder if .the kits in with the checked bags would meet the criteria for the temperature controlled environment they need to be in.....UGH.

11 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

The problem is the Emed tests may NOT be opened prior to getting online with the proctor.  The proctor observes that the test kit is unopened.  The box itself would not fit in a quart size bag.  The bottle containing the liquid could not be removed from the kit to go into the quart size bag.   Therefore the test kits cannot be carried on in a carryon.  Which leads to the next thought process.....I wonder if .the kits in with the checked bags would meet the criteria for the temperature controlled environment they need to be in.....UGH.

They aren't going to be checked unless they are over the 3.4 ounces.  Yes, you are asked to have all items separated for screening, but that just makes it easier if they need to check it.  It will just go through the X Ray machine and be ignored because it isn't close to the 3.4 ounces.

I travel all the time and stopped putting my liquids in a clear bag a long time ago because they never asked to look at them.

• 4 months later...
On 4/13/2022 at 7:56 PM, Pattycruise said:

covid tests are allowed by airlines, unopened.  I have brought them numerous times.  And I always bring in carry-on bag.  I fear checked bags might get too cold.

On 4/13/2022 at 8:02 PM, wordell1 said:

They aren't going to be checked unless they are over the 3.4 ounces.  Yes, you are asked to have all items separated for screening, but that just makes it easier if they need to check it.  It will just go through the X Ray machine and be ignored because it isn't close to the 3.4 ounces.

I travel all the time and stopped putting my liquids in a clear bag a long time ago because they never asked to look at them.

Depends on the airport.  Some airports still want them in plastic ziploc and taken out of the carry-on.  Was required by me this year a couple times.   Be prepared.

I moved my flight and tested at home.  No worry about test carrying or testing positive overseas

i will say this

i took my Emed test today for a US cruise and I’ve noticed they don’t seem to comment or even look to see if the box is sealed or previously opened.  Just an observation.  (The same was true for my previous 2 cruises)