Protocols for cruises from Italy just posted

For those of you who will need to locate a test site in Rome or Civitavecchia, this website shows pharmacies that currently offer testing:

https://www.salutelazio.it/elenco-farmacie-che-eseguono-tamponi-antigenici-rapidi

Simply zoom in and try and locate some that are close to wherever you're staying.

For anyone staying at the airport (e.g. the Hilton), there is testing available at the airport, although they do give priority to departing passengers over arriving ones.

https://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en/test-areas-at-the-airport

On cruises 7 days in duration or more is RCL Covid testing all children under 12 years of age during the cruise or is it done randomly.  They say they are doing these subsequent tests at their web site but don’t provide much detail so I am looking for folks actual experiences.  Thanks.

So glad we decided to cancel our Greek Isle cruise this past winter. Got a really awesome deal on an 8 night on Allure. Can't imagine the stress we'd be experiencing right now since we are not boosted and don't plan to do so. Depending on the ports of call the testing could add $200 or more each. Looking forward to the Southern Caribbean and will do Europe at some point in the years to come.

1 hour ago, parkyy2k said:

Does anyone know where we get our pre covid tests from? Last time I went on a cruise last year, RC arranged and paid for the test. When I’ve looked online there’s info for US passages not U.K. 😕

It depends on when you need to test and where you'll be at the time. Someone coming from the UK could test before leaving home, either in their home town or at their departure airport, if they were flying the day before or day of their cruise. Any earlier than that and you'd need to source a test site at the pre-cruise location. Pretty much all airports are still doing testing so a test could be done at an arrival airport. If staying in a pre-cruise hotel, they could undoubtedly help source a test.

1 hour ago, Ubiquitous Cruiser said:

So glad we decided to cancel our Greek Isle cruise this past winter. Got a really awesome deal on an 8 night on Allure. Can't imagine the stress we'd be experiencing right now since we are not boosted and don't plan to do so. Depending on the ports of call the testing could add $200 or more each. Looking forward to the Southern Caribbean and will do Europe at some point in the years to come.

I totally get this. All the hoop-jumping is precisely why we decided to stay in Europe this year and put off a much-awaited US trip until next year.

Really annoying that you have to test to get into Italy then test again 1 day before boarding. (For those flying in day before from US as it’s an overnight flight)

We’re leaving 2 days before cruise but arrive the next day. So will have to test twice. Hope things change by October. 

Hoping they’ll go back to the 2 days before test. 

8 hours ago, Jill said:

Really annoying that you have to test to get into Italy then test again 1 day before boarding. (For those flying in day before from US as it’s an overnight flight)

We’re leaving 2 days before cruise but arrive the next day. So will have to test twice. Hope things change by October. 

I'm not seeing where we have to test to get into Italy. Can you help me find that?  I'm seeing vaccine w/booster if 2nd dose is old and filling out the Locator Form. We fly out of US on a Friday night and staying at the Hilton airport in Rome before boarding on a Sunday. I'm just taking the proctored kits with us to do in the hotel. 

9 hours ago, Jill said:

I don't think you need to be tested to enter Italy if you are fully vaccinated.  Fully vaccinated there means boosters or last shot within 270 days.

Is our US vaccination cards ok for the EU requirements? " EU Digital COVID Certificate or, for non-EU citizens, an equivalent green COVID-19 certification issued by your country’s health authorities". 

Another question, when should I do covid proctor test? We leave the 6/1 Wed at 8am, land in Rome 6/2 Thurs 9am and cruise same day on 6/2. 

8 hours ago, Machae said:

I'm not seeing where we have to test to get into Italy. Can you help me find that?  I'm seeing vaccine w/booster if 2nd dose is old and filling out the Locator Form. We fly out of US on a Friday night and staying at the Hilton airport in Rome before boarding on a Sunday. I'm just taking the proctored kits with us to do in the hotel. 

https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=english&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto&tab=1

Entry into Italy: Covid-19 green certificates, validity, equivalents and exceptions

Fulfilments for entry to Italy

The rules for entry into Italy have been updated and simplified. The ordinance dated 22 February 2022, unified the regulation of entry from both European Union countries and non-EU countries.

Regardless of the country of entry into Italy, the traveller will be required to present simultaneously to the carrier and to whoever is in charge of checking:

• the Passenger Locator Form, to be filled in before departure and updated with the seat number once checked in with the carrier; this form can be shown digitally or in paper format;
  • the COVID-19 Green Certificate or other equivalent certificate which must state one of the following conditions:
  • completion of the primary vaccination series or booster dose according to the vaccination plans of the countries of release with vaccines authorized by the European Medical Agency (primary series validity 9 months and booster dose without predefined limit) 
  • recovery from SARS-CoV-2 infection (valid for 180 days from positive swab test)
  • recovery after the administration of the first dose of vaccine or at the end of the primary vaccination series or following the administration of the relevant booster dose
  • rapid antigen or molecular swab test, respectively within 48 or 72 hours before entry into Italy.

Covid-19 green certificates of successful vaccination are accepted in one of the following languagesItalian, English, French, Spanish or German. If submitted in another language, they must be accompanied by a sworn translation into Italian. Foreign certifications of recovery must be accompanied by a sworn translation into Italian. 

What I dont understand is the 270 days.   My wife and I are going on Wonder on the 9th of June, it would have been 277 days since she received the booster for Pfizer.  She also recovered from Covid in Feb.  Does anyone know if this is considered fully vaccinated?

I highlighted the key part of this document that is easily missed.  You only need to meet one of those requirements, not all.

Obligations upon entry into Italy

The rules for entry into Italy have been updated and simplified. The ordinance of 22 February 2022 unified the regulation of entry from European Union countries and third countries.

Regardless of the country from which you enter Italy, the traveler will be required to present at the same time to the carrier and to anyone who is responsible for carrying out the checks:

• the Passenger Locator Form, to be completed before departure and updated with the seat once checked-in has been completed; this form can be shown digitally or in paper format;
  • the COVID-19 Green Certification or other equivalent certification that must contain one of the following conditions:
  • completion of the primary vaccination cycle or carrying out the booster dose according to the vaccination plans of the release countries with vaccines authorized by the European Medical Agency (primary cycle validity 9 months and booster dose without predefined limit)
  • successful recovery from SARS-CoV-2 infection (valid for 180 days from the positive swab)
  • recovery occurred after administration of the first dose of vaccine or at the end of the primary vaccination cycle or following administration of the relevant booster dose
  • carrying out a rapid or molecular antigen test, by means of a swab, respectively within 48 or 72 hours before entry into Italy.

Covid-19 green certifications of vaccination are accepted in one of the following languages: Italian, English, French, Spanish or German. If presented in another language they must be accompanied by a sworn translation into Italian. Foreign certifications attesting to the successful recovery must be accompanied by a sworn translation into Italian. Consult: circular 30 July 2021 and circular 23 September 2021.

5 hours ago, Hharris1997 said:

Is our US vaccination cards ok for the EU requirements? " EU Digital COVID Certificate or, for non-EU citizens, an equivalent green COVID-19 certification issued by your country’s health authorities". 

Another question, when should I do covid proctor test? We leave the 6/1 Wed at 8am, land in Rome 6/2 Thurs 9am and cruise same day on 6/2. 

It is always 1 day, not 24 hrs so as long as your test is dated 6/1 or later you are good as far as Royal is concerned.

5 hours ago, Hharris1997 said:

Yes, the CDC cards are equivalent.

4 hours ago, ybscc said:

What I dont understand is the 270 days.   My wife and I are going on Wonder on the 9th of June, it would have been 277 days since she received the booster for Pfizer.  She also recovered from Covid in Feb.  Does anyone know if this is considered fully vaccinated?

You are considered fully vaccinated if you were boosted. The only issue would be if you didn’t get boosted and your last vaccine was 270 days ago. 

4 hours ago, ybscc said:

If she has documentation of the positive covid test in February, then she should qualify under the 2nd part.  However, that is for entry into Italy, not for Royal.  I could see where she would be allowed on the ship, but have to follow unvaccinated protocols which would require her to test for some port stops.  If it was me, I would get the booster to avoid any issues.

• successful recovery from SARS-CoV-2 infection (valid for 180 days from the positive swab)

22 hours ago, wordell1 said:

If she has documentation of the positive covid test in February, then she should qualify under the 2nd part.  However, that is for entry into Italy, not for Royal.  I could see where she would be allowed on the ship, but have to follow unvaccinated protocols which would require her to test for some port stops.  If it was me, I would get the booster to avoid any issues.

Thanks.   She did get the booster only it was last August so it would be over 270 days from the time she received the booster and she is not qualified to take the 2nd booster (4th shot) 

• 2 weeks later...

Celebrity briefly changed its Italy pre-cruise test requirement to two days before for up to date pax.  Unfortunately it switched back to one day before today.  Very difficult for those traveling from the US, especially if your cruise departs on a Monday.  

(Not sure if Royal pulled a similar switcheroo, but figured I'd pass it along.)