Stupid things that no one is talking about...

Maybe this Topic could be interisting for some us. Ask some questions that most poeple don`t think about. Like...

No one talks about Special Shopping offers on Board of the Ships like 70% on watches, so crazy how does it work?

Or even more Stupid, like...

Who else has to go on there knees to take a shower, cause he/she is to big?

It would be nice to hear interisting answers, funny answers and to hear Funny questions.

ooh ooh! let's talk about the mountain climbing adventure that is getting into the tubs in the suites!

I'm a little bit out of the first quarter of my life but I still have to do some yoga and send a prayer to the ocean gods that I don't snap my ankle against the edge or pull a muscle getting in!🤣

Still beats the capsule shower though!

8 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

ooh ooh! let's talk about the mountain climbing adventure that is getting into the tubs in the suites!

LOL.  On my first Royal Cruise on the Oasis, I had just had total knee replacement.  Man was that an effort to get into the bathtub.  Not complaining though, once in the tub it was a lot better than those little plastic shower thingys.  I spend a lot to time in the shower, I love a good shower experience along with good bodywash and the tub provided that.

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I'm a little bit out of the first quarter of my life but I still have to do some yoga and send a prayer to the ocean gods that I don't snap my ankle against the edge or pull a muscle getting in!🤣

Still beats the capsule shower though!

Ha I had not thought of that! Also, those little cannister showers are a challenge.  I'm not a fan of body wash so I bring a bar of soap in with me and simply hope I don't drop it mid-lather.... I'd have to get out of the shower completely to be able to pick it up again. 

The tub/shower combination in the Junior Suite on the Wonder leaves a lot to be desired. The step up and over isn’t too bad, but the space inside is tiny. I mean Munchkin Land or Lilliputian tiny! I’m a slender guy (or so I tell myself) and I still feel squeezed in. The drain is a pain! I keep stepping on it and it is very uncomfortable. Also, there is a half glass that covers only the front of the shower/tub. It swings open if you lean on it…or hold on for support…surprise!  
However, I highly recommend the Jr Suite on the Wonder. The space is large, the walk-in closet is nice, the balcony is huge and the bathroom itself is spacious. The Jr Suite is bright and airy and tastefully decorated. I love it! Too bad the shower/tub is so narrow.

3 hours ago, jay1021 said:

LOL.  On my first Royal Cruise on the Oasis, I had just had total knee replacement.  Man was that an effort to get into the bathtub.  Not complaining though, once in the tub it was a lot better than those little plastic shower thingys.  I spend a lot to time in the shower, I love a good shower experience along with good bodywash and the tub provided that.

I did exactly that on Allure recently, 5 weeks post op. I was really grateful to be able to lay down in a hot bath too.  I should have taken my cooling machine with me, but opted for gel packs instead.  Cabin attendant went above and beyond keeping me supplied with ice to chill the gel packs.  A life saver.

The watches can be purchased on land for less than the 70% off sale. The only liquor that I found that was actually a good bargain was on a cruise that was the first sailing of the ship after COVID. They were cleaning out the liquor storage and selling the "old" stuff at an incredibly low price. Needless to say that did not last long. Usually find the same brands in our store at home for less. Having the Voom internet package to check pricing really helps, no more impulse purchases.

1 hour ago, CrznTxn said:

The watches can be purchased on land for less than the 70% off sale. 

I purchased one of those upper class watches for something like 70% off on a Brand X cruise line once.  It didn't even make it home before it quit working.  Never again!,  not even on Royal.  I stay as far away from the Jewelry and toiletries store as I possibly can.  I do like the T-Shirt sales though.  I'm a sucker for a kewl T.

52 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

What in-cabin PA system volume controls?  🤣

For the ships I've been on - On the "desk" panel there is a cream colored knob that is labeled something announcement related with a volume control.  To date, no amount of adjustment allows any announcements into the room.  We hear them in the hall and then crack the door open to hear them better 🙂

29 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

For the ships I've been on - On the "desk" panel there is a cream colored knob that is labeled something announcement related with a volume control.  To date, no amount of adjustment allows any announcements into the room.  We hear them in the hall and then crack the door open to hear them better 🙂

Yeah, my comment was a joke because they haven't worked since the early 2000s.

On 4/12/2022 at 1:53 PM, CrznTxn said:

The watches can be purchased on land for less than the 70% off sale. The only liquor that I found that was actually a good bargain was on a cruise that was the first sailing of the ship after COVID. They were cleaning out the liquor storage and selling the "old" stuff at an incredibly low price. Needless to say that did not last long. Usually find the same brands in our store at home for less. Having the Voom internet package to check pricing really helps, no more impulse purchases.

It depends on the state you are from because the onboard prices are way below what we pay in PA.

On 4/12/2022 at 5:06 PM, 1st Mate said:

From what I remember/heard, the control of announcements IN a stateroom is controlled by the person making the announcement from within the bridge or wherever.  They don't like to make in cabin announcements, especially in late night/early evening, unless it is very very important.  

Lol the only time I've heard an in-cabin announcement is on debarkation day when they want you the hell out of the room.

15 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Well you are talking about PA liquor laws and prices. 

LOL, archaic laws, customs, and procedures.  One of the few remaining states that have state run liquor control board retail sales stores.  At least the last time I was there but I think they now allow wine sales in the Grocery Stores.  

Blue laws!

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/blue-laws-by-state

On 4/12/2022 at 3:46 PM, Reigert2008 said:

Exactly.  I wish that button would do it, but if you go to channel 1 on TV its on there you just have to turn it up.  We do the foot in door during announcements so room can hear them.

19 hours ago, Hoski said:

It depends on the state you are from because the onboard prices are way below what we pay in PA.

Same in my state. Cheaper on board and often cheaper still in Caribbean ports.

The difference in price is usually the taxes, has nothing to do with blue laws. Duty free=no tax.  The last cruise I was on I bought two bottles of bourbon for $50. Back home those  would cost at least $30/each. When we went ashore, same bottles were $2/bottle cheaper than on board.

And not to mention that cruise ships often sell liter bottles instead of 750 ml (fifth) bottles. So you get more for less.