OK to wait to book excursions?

Teri

We are cruising on Navigator in July and plan on excursions at each port.  I have on board credit that I would like to use part of it for at least one of the excursions.  I learned here that I can't use on-board credit if I book the excursion through RCCI now.  We are planning on boat trip to Stingray island (Grand Cayman), Dunn's Falls (Jamaica), and then Mr. Sanchos beach day in Cozumel.  I know Mr. Sanchos is not through RCCI.  Is it ok to wait to book until we get on the ship or is a there s big possibility that the excursions will be sold out.  Any advice is appreciated.

My first and only other cruise to Alaska we had excursion pre-booked so I didn't try to book while on the ship; although because of weather, RCCI helped cancel and change one of them during the cruise.

I think most excursions will be fine to wait.  I would however book them early once you get onboard.  There's a risk of selling out but I think in general most excursions do not sell out that quickly.

I agree with Matt if you wait till you embark and book early you should be fine  :) . 

One other thing I advise is to get to the port early, last year Matt advised us to get to the port as early as we could as RC may let you check in and board the ship well before yor cabin would be ready.

Matt was spot on , we arrived curbside at 09:45 and by 10:45 we were on the ship and able to book any trips check our MDR table and explore a little before the crowds and then hit the windjammer for some Honey Stung Chicken Yum Yum :D. This year we are going to arrive by 09:00 in the hope we get on even earlier.