Mykonos - Delos

NewlyRoyalBuckeye

We would like to visit the Greek ruins on Delos during our stop in Mykonos this summer.  However, I see that there is a 30 minute boat trip each way involved. Unfortunately, I get severe motion sickness.  I'm ok on cruise ships with medication, but even that doesn't seem to work for me on smaller boats, I am usually miserable unless the waters are very calm.  Has anyone taken an excursion to Delos? What was the boat experience like?

My wife and sister-in-law both got pretty bad motion sickness on the boat to Delos a few summers ago.  They both wear patches when they cruise but we weren't doing a cruise at that time, just vacationing on various Greek islands.  I don't think they had a patch for this trip.  The sea was pretty rough, and the ride back to Mykonos was probably one of the rockiest boat rides I've ever been.  We were told it was unusually rough due to recent storms and that's obviously not something you can plan around.  That said, all 3 of us really enjoyed the time on Delos.

I have never been to Delos, Greece it it always a lot of stones. In greece most Boats are the same size as the Santa Maria, wich Columbus sailed on just a little smaller. Don`t be aware you will not be sailing, it`ll have a Motor. I have been on this Kind of ships before and was Sailing it by myself. Keep in mind every Dicision is on you. Atlantix2000 said it was really rough, i believe him, but normally the Meditarainien, in Summer is not very rough you never know. Maybe just pack some Medicine for the sickness.

But anyway have Fun.