I am on Wonder, ask me anything.

Brett B

This community has been so helpful to me in the past I like to get back whenever I can.

I am currently on Wonder of the Seas. I plan to leave a full review once I get back home, but let me know if you have any questions I could check out while still on board.  I get off Friday (April 15). I can also answer any question specific to Diamond status. 

Don’t know if you’re much of a FlowRider(er?), but it’s one of my favorite activities onboard. Just got off Symphony about a week ago and the lines were considerably long most days, even with two FlowRiders. My question is: Is the single FlowRider much more crowded? I feel like it was a terrible idea for Royal to ditch the two FlowRiders in order to put in a playground that most of the kids don’t seem to be having fun with. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Joseph Wahoski said:

Don’t know if you’re much of a FlowRider(er?), but it’s one of my favorite activities onboard. Just got off Symphony about a week ago and the lines were considerably long most days, even with two FlowRiders. My question is: Is the single FlowRider much more crowded? I feel like it was a terrible idea for Royal to ditch the two FlowRiders in order to put in a playground that most of the kids don’t seem to be having fun with. Thanks!

Wonder was built for China.  Flowriders are not as popular in China.  The decision to not send Wonder to China was made months before she was to set sail.  

1 hour ago, Brett B said:

This community has been so helpful to me in the past I like to get back whenever I can.

I am currently on Wonder of the Seas. I plan to leave a full review once I get back home, but let me know if you have any questions I could check out while still on board.  I get off Friday (April 15). I can also answer any question specific to Diamond status. 

How are the doors? Are they "broken in" yet? I heard many of the cabin doors didn't close unless you pulled/pushed them shut.

55 minutes ago, twangster said:

Wonder was built for China.  Flowriders are not as popular in China.  The decision to not send Wonder to China was made months before she was to set sail.  

Hey!!! It’s twangster! I’m new to the message boards here but I love your YouTube channel! And yeah, I knew that Wonder was designed for China, I just thought that they could’ve possibly made a last minute change but maybe not.

The Escape Room is not up and running. Instead the room is being used for something called a Puzzle Break. It’s where groups of 6 team up to solve a mystery. Kind of like the old board game Clue. They just rolled it out last sailing and added multiple time slots throughout the sailing due to its limited capacity and it being on a first come first serve basis.

10 minutes ago, DrNDo said:

The Escape Room is not up and running. Instead the room is being used for something called a Puzzle Break. It’s where groups of 6 team up to solve a mystery. Kind of like the old board game Clue. They just rolled it out last sailing and added multiple time slots throughout the sailing due to its limited capacity and it being on a first come first serve basis.

They had Puzzle Break on Anthem as well (similar where the Escape room wasn't running).  No limit as it was in the Music Hall.  

Fun....and pretty hard!

1 hour ago, Joseph Wahoski said:

Flowrider had pretty long lines last week. They’ll have advanced sessions for stand up either really early in the morning or later in the day. During the middle of the day was mainly body boarding where they would split the flowrider into 2 smaller lanes, and still lines pretty long.

1 hour ago, jay1021 said:

Is the Bacon good?  Do they have COLD beer?  

Bacon was impressively crisp in all dining venues without being over cooked. They must have a machine making it for such a large volume to come out so perfect. As for the beer the only way to consistently get COLD beer was to ask the attendant to provide an ice chest for the cabin to put them on ice. Other than that it would be hit or miss.

I’m also aboard. They have a pretty large and professional camera crew making commercial videos around the ship. In the Cruise Compass, they say if we walk into the areas while they are filming, we may be captured on film and therefore we are giving our consent for our photograph, image, voice or any reproduction thereof to be used for any promotional and publicity purposes without consideration of compensation, limitation or reservation.  
I keep looking for them. Found them once by the FlowRider…so far. 
“Mister DeMille, I’m ready for my closeup!”😎

10 minutes ago, BrianB said:

I’m also aboard. They have a pretty large and professional camera crew making commercial videos around the ship. In the Cruise Compass, they say if we walk into the areas while they are filming, we may be captured on film and therefore we are giving our consent for our photograph, image, voice or any reproduction thereof to be used for any promotional and publicity purposes without consideration of compensation, limitation or reservation.  

It's a good thing I'm not there, I have a face for radio! 

47 minutes ago, lilybelle527 said:

Is there a toddler splash pad where little ones that aren't potty trained can play? Haven't seen it on any ship tour videos. If so, how big is it and is it just a pool (no water fountains or play elements)?

C08AC8C0-466A-4901-9461-5796756DEA2B.thumb.jpeg.27d8f0ba61b0ab4c6049eeaf5b7eae30.jpeg

This is it. A small section that has a divider between it and the splash pad for bigger kids.

I'm wondering about the "Love & Marriage" Game Show - I haven't seen it listed in any posted Cruise Compasses yet. Is it happening on your cruise, or have you heard any news about it?I'm wondering about the "Love & Marriage" Game Show - I haven't seen it listed in any posted Compasses yet. Is it happening on your cruise, or have you heard any news about it?

Thanks so much, hope you have a wonderful holiday!

3 hours ago, Luv2Travel said:

I'm wondering about the "Love & Marriage" Game Show - I haven't seen it listed in any posted Cruise Compasses yet. Is it happening on your cruise, or have you heard any news about it?I'm wondering about the "Love & Marriage" Game Show - I haven't seen it listed in any posted Compasses yet. Is it happening on your cruise, or have you heard any news about it?

I was on Oasis last month and they had the Love and Marriage Show.

21 hours ago, Lexster said:

How are the doors? Are they "broken in" yet? I heard many of the cabin doors didn't close unless you pulled/pushed them shut.

Both staterooom and bathroom doors take some getting used to. Stateroom doors don’t automatically shut- you need to push it closed. And swiping the keycard and just the right speed and distance took some practice. I haven’t been able to get using my iPhone of open stateroom door to work even though my app says it’s setup. 

And bathroom doors use a magnetic element which pulls shut (loudly, in my opinion) then the door is within about 1/2 -1” from closure. 

19 hours ago, BrianB said:

My son has been chatting it up with the film crew and an according to them for the most part everyone there filming our professional actors. But to your point you could be shot in the background. At first I thought the film crew was maybe 50 people but I’m thinking it could be closer to 100 with all the people on equipment.  

441F7F02-FB67-40E6-A23D-B2687073C70D.jpeg

15 hours ago, Luv2Travel said:

Yes it’s on the schedule for tonight. I was also on Independence a few weeks ago and it As well – although they did it feel differently on that ship which I did not prefer

6 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Really curious if the suites all being on the top deck is convenient or not...

Visually it seems like a lot, being so far from the pulse points of the ship, but maybe it's not that bad?

I don’t have a suite on this specific sailing but what I do like is the suites having their own designated area of the ship makes the main pools feel less crowded. 

16 hours ago, Jenn Pritchard said:

Is the daycare open on Adventure Ocean? I had trouble booking my 8 month old in May and worried that it's because the daycare is closed due to covid. Ek!

Both my kids are the team‘s club so I haven’t been in this area. Based on the app it seems to confirm the daycare may not be available but let me see if I can find out

0DD6262D-CE13-4D5B-9FD7-9233A7CA317C.png

3 hours ago, IPetRocks said:

Would you be able to submit the cruise compasses from your trip? Boarding on Friday and try to get an understanding of when and where everything is going on. 

@IPetRocksI just realized my kids have retained their cruise compasses form their stateroom.  I will take pictures and get these uploaded (here or somewhere else, not sure of the space or rules) either before I leave or shortly after. 

Can anyone please confirm posting the cruise compasses will not put in in violation of any rules here?

Edited by Brett B
Adding disclaimer asking if I am permitted to post cruise compasses

15 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Really curious if the suites all being on the top deck is convenient or not...

Visually it seems like a lot, being so far from the pulse points of the ship, but maybe it's not that bad?

Just got back on 8th of April from Wonder. We had a grand suite on deck 17. It was the worst cruise ever. There is a stage built right at the end of the suites , so the life bands who are performing are above the crowd around the pool. Therefore we had to deal with the constant loud music in our suite, and the vibrating walls and vibrating floor most of the time. The beautiful large balcony is filled with bulky, uncomfortable furniture. So is the suite.  Our televisions did not work, they were interfering with each other. The maintenance and IT people tried to fix it every day for a week, they couldn't.  Food was terrible. Ship has a narrow feel to it and low  ceiling. Claustrophobic. Many passenger were unhappy with he whole design. It is not what we RC cruisers are used to.

7 hours ago, Blue Waters said:

Just got back on 8th of April from Wonder. We had a grand suite on deck 17. It was the worst cruise ever. There is a stage built right at the end of the suites , so the life bands who are performing are above the crowd around the pool. Therefore we had to deal with the constant loud music in our suite, and the vibrating walls and vibrating floor most of the time. The beautiful large balcony is filled with bulky, uncomfortable furniture. So is the suite.  Our televisions did not work, they were interfering with each other. The maintenance and IT people tried to fix it every day for a week, they couldn't.  Food was terrible. Ship has a narrow feel to it and low  ceiling. Claustrophobic. Many passenger were unhappy with he whole design. It is not what we RC cruisers are used to.

Wow, can you post pictures?

8 hours ago, Blue Waters said:

Oh no that sounds terrible! Especially since there is no other deck choice for grand suites.

What room were you in, if you don't mind me asking.